RTÉ to show live National League and club championship matches

Started by oakleaflad, January 10, 2019, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TheGreatest

Quote from: Square Ball on January 11, 2019, 08:12:30 AM
Anyone know if eir sport is available on Virgin?

Unfortunately not.

Good deal with EIR if you have your mobile with them, get internet/TV then cheapish for first 6 months, EIR Sport and BT come with package, you can add Sky.

SKY Now TV is good for me as I only wait till the summer to get it in for Champo, then cancel it at no cost, usually a few deals floating throughout the year . e.g. 2 months for 1 etc.

4 different channels now to watch GAA, 2 you have to pay for, good or Bad, RTE will be showing some same games as EIR, whats the point?

Itchy

Its available on an IPTV box ;) If you want to know more drop me a PM

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2019, 09:17:57 AM

On Mobdro as well the last time I checked.

oakleaflad

"RTÉ's live club championship matches will consist of two matches each weekend, from September through November. Running alongside TG4's existing coverage, RTÉ will select their own two matches separate from the Irish language broadcaster's choices."

That's a serious amount of club football. Great to see!

Orchard park

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 10, 2019, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 10, 2019, 07:08:29 PM
Show a game a few days later, with the home local radio commentary from the Sunday.
Jaysus God forbid, Im referring to local commentary here, most of the chaps on local radio have a very skewed view of the world outside their own county,
Good to see rte getting involved but they must cover the lower divisions.

can you imagine Hegartys commentary trying to match to live viewing

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 11, 2019, 11:51:24 AM
"RTÉ's live club championship matches will consist of two matches each weekend, from September through November. Running alongside TG4's existing coverage, RTÉ will select their own two matches separate from the Irish language broadcaster's choices."

It will be great alright.... I reckon a few of my old team mates may get a few gigs out of it too...lucky bastards ;D

Rossfan

I think you'll find it'll be more hurley than throwball ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Square Ball

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2019, 11:22:02 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2019, 09:17:57 AM

On Mobdro as well the last time I checked.
Yeah and Red Box as well, but it's very buffery if that's a word
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tippabu

Hopefully tg4 get 1st preference , theyve done great coverage throughout the years and deserve he pick of the games but delighted rte are on board now too and its great all the extra coverage

mrdeeds

Quote from: tippabu on January 11, 2019, 07:56:26 PM

Hopefully tg4 get 1st preference , theyve done great coverage throughout the years and deserve he pick of the games but delighted rte are on board now too and its great all the extra coverage

TG4 have first choice.

JoG2

Between IPTV and terrestrial we're looking good. Hopefully BBC get the finger out re the Ulster Championship and show all the matches live except Tyrone v Derry  ;D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2019, 04:10:26 PM
When you think of the money RTE spend on showing Champions League games where nobody has any affiliation to the teams involved (Fenerbahce v Basel or the likes), this will cost peanuts for them.

Hopefully it's a change in direction for soccer and rugby-obsessed RTE.

What rugby do RTE show?

RTE is and always will be a GAA station. Shows more GAA than rugby and soccer combined.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

They're fck obsessed with the Dublin 4 stuff.
Sports news every evening - They introduce a soccer item by saying Soccer..then whatever.
They introduce GAA items by saying Gaelic games and then whatever.
But with Rugby it's just Peter somebody will miss the Europenn game v....

Rossfan