Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2019, 09:38:07 AM
Very disappointed to hear that.

I think Skeet is a great player though he is very much a confidence player. He's has a couple of bad injuries in the past few years but has had a brilliant attitude on the pitch and has put in many big performances.

If he feels he can't give the commitment then there is no issue, he's made the call at the correct time. I'd imagine it will probably be the end of his intercounty career, he will be 30 in 2021 and we have some very good underage forwards coming through at the minute.

Any word on new call ups yet?

Lee Brennan supposedly back.....but then I also heard he was playing soccer at a pretty decent level.

southtyronegael

Is mark Bradley back? Seen him in the paper this week playing soccer. Why is it almost always talented forwards that quit the county panel? Obviously not an enjoyable experience?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 10:39:22 AM
Is mark Bradley back? Seen him in the paper this week playing soccer. Why is it almost always talented forwards that quit the county panel? Obviously not an enjoyable experience?

Get your ass kissed at your club about how good you are, which is more often than not true enough to be fair.

Go to county, where you have to do the shit you don't do because the average lads cover you (such as tackle and track). Don't like it, leave.

Fair enough, it's where Tyrone are at - no point yapping about Harte. He won't change. Although inside mark coming in showed that Tyrone can actually play decent stuff with that rule.

Is it in for clubs on that matter does anyone know?

The_Slug

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 15, 2019, 10:49:52 AM

Get your ass kissed at your club about how good you are, which is more often than not true enough to be fair.

Go to county, where you have to do the shit you don't do because the average lads cover you (such as tackle and track). Don't like it, leave.

Fair enough, it's where Tyrone are at - no point yapping about Harte. He won't change. Although inside mark coming in showed that Tyrone can actually play decent stuff with that rule.

If it comes into the club scene then i think we will see a number of the weaker teams or teams that would normally struggle, using it massively to their advantage and reaping the rewards. This would suit a teams like Moy and Clogher for example, big men that can field a ball and know where the posts are. This will make up for other areas in the field where teams are lacking. It'll be a big leveller.

Pearse Blue

Surely has to go into the club scene, don't particularly agree with all the rule changes in the GAA every year. I think we should build our own game and not take parts of other games, in saying that, we need to have a set rule not one rule for inter county and different for club.

Its the same problem with club championships, I feel that there should be a set GAA rule i.e if the game is a draw, its either ET or replay not replay in Tyrone and extra time in Donegal. Same rules should be for everyone.

Angelo

Is that not the case in other counties too, the modern game requires a lot physically and the toe of forward that would have prospered 10-15 years would find it a lot more difficult these days.

McShane is the type of forward that excels in the modern game, you need to be able to win it any which way. We have a lot of samey type small skilful forwards but you look at the other top teams and their forward lines are comprised of big, physical and athletic players.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2019, 11:36:42 AM

Is that not the case in other counties too, the modern game requires a lot physically and the toe of forward that would have prospered 10-15 years would find it a lot more difficult these days.

McShane is the type of forward that excels in the modern game, you need to be able to win it any which way. We have a lot of samey type small skilful forwards but you look at the other top teams and their forward lines are comprised of big, physical and athletic players.
so we shouldn't get excited about young canavan? Too small and light?

GaaFanatic123

Interesting, never thought of it in that way!!

Heard Daniel Kerr has been called up, probably the pick of the forwards called up!
Not sure if Brennan or Bradley would want to go back!

God14

Any word if Danny McNulty back in the reckoning then?

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 15, 2019, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 15, 2019, 11:36:42 AM

so we shouldn't get excited about young canavan? Too small and light?

It will be difficult for him, I think he will be a lot more useful for Tyrone out around the half forward line as a playmaker rather than a scoring inside forward. If you look around at all the top forwards in the game, there are very few if any with a frame or stature similar to young Canavan.

Mark Devlin is the forward I'm most excited about seeing in the coming years for Tyrone but he's 3/4 years away from playing senior football.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

toby47

I was talking to someone close to Bradley about a week after he came home from America and they said he wasn't that fussed on going back to the county. That was about 2 months ago however so his mindset could well have changed since then.

trailer

Conor McAliskey has no ambition. He clearly isn't interested in adding to his haul of 14 McKenna cups. Or getting relegated from Division 1 or indeed exiting the USFC at the first hurdle before then going on to defeat such giants as Longford, Wexford, and Sligo en route to an AISF defeat to hands of Kerry, Dublin or Mayo.
The question must now be asked, who will play as the fourth left half back now?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on November 15, 2019, 12:00:53 PM

Interesting, never thought of it in that way!!

Heard Daniel Kerr has been called up, probably the pick of the forwards called up!
Not sure if Brennan or Bradley would want to go back!
Probably go back when/if there is ever a different management team? Talking to a few players over the years Harte is quite unapproachable when you are not a household name. Not great for young players if the manager is unapproachable in terms of feedback and getting yourself in the conversation for places.

In my opinion Tyrone are one of the worst counties in Ireland for introducing young talent into seniors. It either doesn't happen, or they are introduced don't perform well enough on their first or second opportunity and left to sit on the bench the whole season, then the confidence takes a hit. I could name at least 10 young players on the current team that this has happened to and god knows how many young players over the years..

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: God14 on November 15, 2019, 12:19:45 PM
Any word if Danny McNulty back in the reckoning then?

Doubt it, from what I hear McClure is going also from panel.

southtyronegael

Mc aliskey scored something like 2-41 in 2018 and yet this year his only start was against Dublin in the dead rubber? Any wonder he walked.