The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Shane,wise up.Man City are something like 1/8 and 1/11 respectively to win their last two games! There's more chance of Arsenal winning next year's Champions League than Liverpool winning this year's Premiership

ONeill

Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2014, 02:28:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 04, 2014, 11:13:15 PM
Liverpool can still do this...but...I think if they don't, that's it. They'll not be back. It's either this year or back to the doldrums.

Why?

To improve you need to attract good players. To do that you need to win things. Just ask Arsene.

Rodgers over achieved with a decent squad. For all Arsenal's shitness this year, Suarez is the only player who would strengthen them out of that Liverpool side.

Happy to be wrong but with CL football next year I can see that Liverpool squad wilt. 2-3 world class signings needed but even at that they'll struggle to repeat the run they had this year with that defence and midfield.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Screwed because we're out of the Champions League. Screwed because we're in the Champions League. It's a funny ol' game.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: deiseach on May 05, 2014, 12:50:59 PM
Screwed because we're out of the Champions League. Screwed because we're in the Champions League. It's a funny ol' game.
David Walsh interviewed Rodgers in the The Sunday Times and although he refused to be drawn on the number of players required it seemed 5 or 6 was around the mark. With CL guaranteed and playing in the free-flowing manner they have you can only assume they are a more attractive option than last season.

Shrewdness

Several rumours in recent days linking Liverpool with summer moves for Micah Richards and Adam Lallana.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2014, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2014, 02:28:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 04, 2014, 11:13:15 PM
Liverpool can still do this...but...I think if they don't, that's it. They'll not be back. It's either this year or back to the doldrums.

Why?

To improve you need to attract good players. To do that you need to win things. Just ask Arsene.

Rodgers over achieved with a decent squad. For all Arsenal's shitness this year, Suarez is the only player who would strengthen them out of that Liverpool side.

Happy to be wrong but with CL football next year I can see that Liverpool squad wilt. 2-3 world class signings needed but even at that they'll struggle to repeat the run they had this year with that defence and midfield.

+1 But sure money is the name of the game!

Shrewdness

Several rumours in recent days linking Liverpool with summer moves for Micah Richards and Adam Lallana.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 05, 2014, 02:00:25 PM
I think both would improve the squad, but to be honest liverpool will be linked with every player under the sun now over the summer.
I think they need to bring in 1/2 really top players and another 2/3 players that improve the squad/ first team competition.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
I think both would improve the squad, but to be honest liverpool will be linked with every player under the sun now over the summer.
I think they need to bring in 1/2 really top players and another 2/3 players that improve the squad/ first team competition.
Agreed they will be linked to 1000 players between now and start of next season
I really hope this thread doesn't turn into the United thread where every stupid rumour they have read in a rag tabloid or silly transfer gossip site is posted as if it was true.
They were signing Bale and Ronaldo last season ffs!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

God14

4 games left to decide the destiny of the premier league title. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it won't be decided on goal difference. Either ourselves or City will make stumble somewhere. Fingers crossed it's not tonite.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on May 05, 2014, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
Agreed they will be linked to 1000 players between now and start of next season
I really hope this thread doesn't turn into the United thread where every stupid rumour they have read in a rag tabloid or silly transfer gossip site is posted as if it was true.
They were signing Bale and Ronaldo last season ffs!!
The positive thing is, this season is bound to have given the owners a bit of confidence in rodgers that they feel they can trust him with a bit of a transfer kitty
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

dferg

Quote from: God14 on May 05, 2014, 02:47:57 PM
4 games left to decide the destiny of the premier league title. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it won't be decided on goal difference. Either ourselves or City will make stumble somewhere. Fingers crossed it's not tonite.

Rodgers recons they can catch City on goal difference :)

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1810072/liverpool-catch-manchester-city-goal-difference-brendan-rodgers-says?cc=5739

God14

Quote from: dferg on May 05, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1810072/liverpool-catch-manchester-city-goal-difference-brendan-rodgers-says?cc=5739

Some will laugh at those comments, but when I read them this morning I was genuinely buzzing. Rodgers, for a novice, has played an absolute blinder this season.

I wouldn't swap him for any other manager in the planet. And I've critisised him at times on here, but always been fully behind him.

laoislad

Quote from: dferg on May 05, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

If the last two games were against Spurs I'd believe it!
Oh and the last time Liverpool won the league they beat Crystal Palace 9-0  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.