The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

So are we supporting Chelsea tomorrow or is it better to win it when we are actually playing?

J70

I think I'd rather go to City, raring to go, needing a point.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 10:23:26 PM
Always better to win it on the pitch.

gawa316

That's one of the most one-sided games I've ever watched.

RedHand88

Quote from: dec on June 24, 2020, 10:08:34 PM
So are we supporting Chelsea tomorrow or is it better to win it when we are actually playing?

Personally,  I'm hoping its tomorrow night. Cant stand another week waiting.

Capt Pat

It would be nice to win it at city but it doesn't really matter. Great performance tonight from the whole team.

Going forward the one thing I don't want to see for next year is city banned from the champions league. It would give city a big advantage in the premier league.

sid waddell

It would be hugely appropriate for Ireland's true national team to win the title on the 30th anniversary of Ireland beating Romania at Italia '90.

The scenes around Ireland tomorrow night would dwarf those of that day.

The nation holds its breath.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gawa316 on June 24, 2020, 10:27:53 PM

Palace didn't touch the ball in the Liverpool penalty box apparently

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 24, 2020, 10:45:14 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 24, 2020, 10:27:53 PM

Palace didn't touch the ball in the Liverpool penalty box apparently

The brother just texted me that...that's an unbelievable stat.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2020, 08:07:10 PM
Should dispatch Palace handy enough, Woy won't be putting a strong team out.

The City game will be difficult, who do Liverpool play after that?

Palace will give them their fill of it. And given how rusty they looked on Sunday, I'd not be surprised at all to see points dropped. City will likely be out for blood and give them a thumping, but the fact is the teams they are playing leave plenty of scope to get the five points one they get their rhythm back.

Like I said, Palace Woy was never going to blemish his name at Anfield
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

16/16 in the league but yep, MR2 called it 😃

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2020, 10:27:18 PM

I couldn't give a feck. I remember when Leicester City won it because of Chelsea beating Spurs, no one from Leicester cared!
Liverpool have won it already on the pitch anyways. They have been exceptional this season. City giving Liverpool players a guard of honour would be the icing on the cake imo!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

One of Liverpool's best performances of the season last night which makes the lethargy against Everton even more strange. It is really frustrating the way 90% of teams set up against Liverpool/City now with ten men behind the ball. If you dont get an early goal the pressure starts to mount. I understand why teams do it as most mid table teams who try to attack will get ripped to shreds but it makes for pretty boring matches at times. City are definitely better at breaking through those defensive lines but obviously are more prone to conceding as well.

That's an embarrassing stat for Palace not having a touch in the Liverpool box.

Fabinho was immense last night and the difference Salah and Robbo make in terms of stretching the defence makes a big difference. I have been really impressed with Gomez as well. Him and VVD is by a distance the best Centre Half partnership in the league never mind Liverpool so i dont know why Klopp rests him every so often. Matip is a more than capable deputy and probably less likely to make a mistake on the ball but defensively Gomez's pace is so important.

Really encouraging cameos from Williams and Elliott as well bar Elliott turning into Aspas for a couple of minutes at the end when on corner duty! Liverpools biggest problem with Williams is TAA. Longterm  either Trent moves to rightwing/midfield or Williams needs to get comfortable on the left but he  looks like great prospects. Hopefully see a bit more of them and Jones over the next few weeks.

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on June 25, 2020, 10:21:56 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2020, 10:27:18 PM

I couldn't give a feck. I remember when Leicester City won it because of Chelsea beating Spurs, no one from Leicester cared!
Liverpool have won it already on the pitch anyways. They have been exceptional this season. City giving Liverpool players a guard of honour would be the icing on the cake imo!

All the sweeter after their taunts last year!
That's just, like your opinion man.

HiMucker

Lads hoping you can help me. The nephew is a big Liverpool fan and I want to get him a present. Hes in his early 20s so was thinking of getting him a retro jersey. What jersey would yous think best, and any recommended sites? I was personally thinking of the silver candy one, think thats a cracker.