’Lynch injury could inspire Cork to victory’ - Tompkins

Started by seanobrien12, September 10, 2007, 08:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanobrien12

Former Cork football boss Larry Tompkins says Anthony Lynch's injury is a bitter blow to player and county but it could motivate the Rebels nevertheless to produce a winning performance in the upcoming All-Ireland SFC final.

"His leadership will be badly missed," Tompkins opined. "In situations like this, you can often replace a player in terms of the basics, but you can't replace leadership or experience. That's why Anthony will be such a loss to Cork next Sunday.

"His absence is a serious blow to Cork and a terrible disappointment because he has put so much time and effort into his football.

"At least the injury came eight days before the final so it gives the players and management a chance to work things out in detail.

"They know Anthony won't be playing so there will be a sense of winning it for him."

ExiledGael

23 posts and 17 of those are topics started FFS, come on now!! This should be in the match thread

What's with the avatar?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paddypastit

QuoteSame crackpot as before.

Our 12 yr old correspondent... or Labhras O'Toimcin??? - I think both qualify easily?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Kerry Mike

Until we see Lynch in a cast on Sunday I dont believe the stories, the talk around Cork is that he will play. I hope for his sake he plays have good time for him, a great footballer and deserves his day on the field on Sunday.

The one blot on his book is his Elbowgate last year with Kieran Donaghy. But that's more to do with Frank Murphy  >:( than anyone else.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Frank Casey

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 11, 2007, 11:04:00 PM
Until we see Lynch in a cast on Sunday I dont believe the stories, the talk around Cork is that he will play. I hope for his sake he plays have good time for him, a great footballer and deserves his day on the field on Sunday.

The one blot on his book is his Elbowgate last year with Kieran Donaghy. But that's more to do with Frank Murphy  >:( than anyone else.

KM Have spotted the cast (actually my mole has - but thats another storey).
KERRY 3:7