Your lowlights of the 2014 season

Started by Jinxy, October 07, 2014, 12:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Kerry gifted yet another Sam due to referees refusing to send their players off!

Old yeller

Losing the U-21 A.I semi to Dublin by a point. Losing the league final to the Rossies

moysider

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 07, 2014, 10:21:52 PM
Kerry gifted yet another Sam due to referees refusing to send their players off!

It s one thing a team being bet by sight of a jersey. My own county has often been accused of this and ridiculed for not fronting up. Unfairly imo. Another thing being rode by a gimp of a ref.

20 yrs later we got another bottle of whiskey and revolver performance from a pair of refs., that had preconceived ideas about who is and isn t worthy. 

I m sure Reilly will tough it out. McEneaney will be able to advise him about how to lead parades instead of being ran out of town.

Jinxy

My lowlight would be the sustained vilification of my fellow countyman Cormac Reilly, whose common sense approach to refereeing facilitated one of the best games of football in recent memory.
History will remember him kindly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Jinxy on October 08, 2014, 01:56:05 PM
My lowlight would be the sustained vilification of my fellow countyman Cormac Reilly, whose common sense approach to refereeing facilitated one of the best games of football in recent memory.
Cormac Reilly IS history
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Asal Mor

The last 20 minutes v Tipp. Even when we are 6 points up and playing well with 20 minutes to go, I still expect us to lose, just not by 10 points.

mrdeeds

The common sense approach of letting double hops and picks up go. Can fist frees and move frees into front of the post if you want. Was the worst ref performance I have ever seen. Never mind the big decisions but the basics of the game were let go. It wouldn't be seen at junior b level but to see it in an All Ireland semi was a disgrace.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 08, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

The common sense approach of letting double hops and picks up go. Can fist frees and move frees into front of the post if you want. Was the worst ref performance I have ever seen. Never mind the big decisions but the basics of the game were let go. It wouldn't be seen at junior b level but to see it in an All Ireland semi was a disgrace.

Ah it would, you see awful refs at that level.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 08, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

It's called, 'Letting the game flow'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.