Your own county's club scene.

Started by Farrandeelin, June 16, 2009, 09:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Derry took up the group stages before last year iirc.

Farrandeelin

Just as a response to Sligonian's non-seeding argument in Sligo, the 4 semi-finalists are kept apart in Mayo. Which is fair enough in my opinion.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 17, 2009, 08:15:11 PM
Just as a response to Sligonian's non-seeding argument in Sligo, the 4 semi-finalists are kept apart in Mayo. Which is fair enough in my opinion.

That's a logical approach but every year its argued in Sligo the numbers nearly always break down the same. 4 or 5 (there's always an odd enlightened one) for it and all the rest against!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 17, 2009, 08:15:11 PM

I didnt know that was done in Mayo, yer one step ahead of us on that one. Makes sense that 4 semi finalists from yr before are kept apart the yr after. I would hope we would catch on to that and maximise the potential of our championship, its makes for better games outside of the groups.

It may favour the better clubs, but its up to rest of us to step up to the plate and not be relying on luck of the draw to get a handy group. It just raises the level across the board IMO.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

45GoneShort

Leitrim

12 Senior Championship teams.

4 groups of 3.
8 teams into quaterfinal out of these 4 groups and so on.
No seeding, just an open draw.

Theres no real dominant club team over the last decade as was the case in the 70's, 80's and 90's with Sean O'Heslins, Aughawillan and Allen Gaels really having it all to themselves. Don't know if this is a good sign or not as for the last decade anyone of 6/7 teams has a great chance of winning the Championship.