€200,000........

Started by thejuice, December 07, 2008, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: AFS on December 10, 2008, 12:50:26 PM
Well its silly to suggest that everyone would enjoy off field celebrations as much. I suppose I'm equally silly to suggest that everyone wouldn't enjoy off field celebrations as much :-\.

Exactly. My point is that if the fans got over the fact that getting on the picth was not going to happen, they would rejoice as much in the crowd. They would still be surrounded by fellow fans. Sorry to bring another sport into it, but the Pool fans in Istanbul or Untied fans in Moscow celebrated as much as anyone.

I get that it may not appear to be as good as getting on the picth, but if people got use to the idea I don't think it would make much difference.

AFS

Yeah  maybe so, but there's a kind of forbidden fruit element about getting onto the pitch, particularly Croke Park. There's also the attraction of being exactly where the action happened, retracing the steps of the players you've just watched. This kind of stuff is what sets apart the on field experience from remaining in the stands.

In the end I don't think anything will really change anytime soon. The pitch invasions will go on. The only way that they'll be stopped is if the stadium authorities decide to take a really heavy handed approach to the situation and I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. Or if Kerry/Tyrone and Kilkenny start to clear up year after year and their supporters become blasé about the whole pitch invasion thing.

Hardy

Quote from: AFS on December 10, 2008, 12:50:26 PMHow else do you explain pitch invasions at the end of practically every championship success, at any level, in every county in Ireland, for as long back as anyone can remember?

Maybe it's that lovable spontaneity and enthusiasm for the crack that we suppose the world loves us for. It couldn't be indiscipline, carelesness and lack of respect, could it?

Homer

Quote from: Hardy on December 10, 2008, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 10, 2008, 12:50:26 PMHow else do you explain pitch invasions at the end of practically every championship success, at any level, in every county in Ireland, for as long back as anyone can remember?

Maybe it's that lovable spontaneity and enthusiasm for the crack that we suppose the world loves us for. It couldn't be indiscipline, carelesness and lack of respect, could it?

Freudian slip Hardy?

ONeill

Was on-field for 2003 and off for 2005/8. Makes abolutely no difference. Think the players aren't too fond of it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cornafean

Does anyone know how much of the €200,000 relates to claims for assault/pulling/dragging by the stewards in the luminous bibs?
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

ardal

€200,000 for pitch invasion (allegedly)

How much does CC fine counties when all players don't have socks pulled up for pre-match parade?
How much is the fine for having unnamed water carrier?
How much is the fine when subs have a kick around at half time?

There's a ton of pointless shite that CC fine County boards for, it'd easily cover the €200.000 10 times over

ardal

Simply check out the minutes of the central council meetings. It's public knowledge. I can trawl through them if'd you like but I'd be simply cutting and pasting as there's a lot of guff in there

corn02

You are claiming they have fined two million in total?

ardal

Quote from: corn02 on December 11, 2008, 10:01:10 AM
You are claiming they have fined two million in total?

No, €200,000, one fifth of a million me thinks (if I understand you correctly). Don't know for sure but I'd reckon that over the year, it'd cover that amount. Ask your county treasurer how much they paid in fnes last year.

AFS

You did say the fines would cover the €200,000 10 times over which = €2,000,000. I doubt those fines add up to a significant amount in total.