All-Ireland Winners Commemorative Medal

Started by Muzz, December 10, 2008, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

In previous years in the Irish News, there was ads where you could buy a commemorative medal.  I got one from 03 and 05 but haven't seen one for 08.  Has anyone else seen these about?

T Fearon

Remeber paying the indo something like 25 yoyos for the 2002 medal. Between that and Tyrone Crystal's Commemorative Bowl, they rake a lot of dosh in

Rois

Well at least you only had to buy one Tony

the Deel Rover

just wondering why would ye buy a commemorative medal for, like what exactly would ye do with it wear it on a chain around your neck :P i just don't get it and before any of ye say it i know i won't have to worry about buying one of them  ;) i'd prefer to buy framed photo of the team or something like that
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Quote from: drici on December 11, 2008, 02:08:57 PM
Or one of those glass bubble efforts with plastic figures of the team inside and when shaken it snows on them.
Handy for the mantlepiece as well.

yeah drici far more usefull
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

T Fearon

These things will be worth a fortune one day , I have the medal and the Tyrone Crystal Sam Maguire Replica from 2002 with the date and scoreline from that gloriosu day engraved on it;D. The Indo piece in 2002 is more like a large heavy circular bronze disc as opposed to a medal (though I think it was marketed as a medal). You certainly couldn't wear it though.

Zapatista

Is there any wonder there is a f**king credit crunch? Consumerism gone mad!

Doire abú

I see ye were in Off the Fence today Tony!!

Muzz

Its actually for a Christmas present that I'm looking it for.  I assume no one has seen anything similar for this year then.