China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

44 further deaths in the ROI. 730 in total since the outbreak began. 388 new cases confirmed a total of 16,040 confirmed.

55% of patients who were tested positive with this virus have fully recovered.

armaghniac

Quote from: joemamas on April 21, 2020, 06:20:21 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on April 21, 2020, 05:56:39 PM
No licences to be given for events of more than 5,000 people until September at earliest https://jrnl.ie/5080226

Ah well, I suppose it was to be expected, still the reality of no gaelic games in 2020 really sucks.

Have an AI decided by free kicking, it could be Monaghan's year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitegoodman

Any thoughts on the trials being started in Oxford on Friday ?  is it a shot in the dark and has it a real shot at success or somewhere in between. 

Irelands new cases have slowed for the 3rd day in a row.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 21, 2020, 03:10:21 PM
Don't forget 90% of deaths have underlying problems happening

Ignoring that this is a completely unverified statistic, so what?

Fúck sick people. Fúck old people. Let them die so we can get back to the office and the pub? Is that it?
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

RedHand88

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 21, 2020, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 21, 2020, 03:10:21 PM
Don't forget 90% of deaths have underlying problems happening

Ignoring that this is a completely unverified statistic, so what?

Fúck sick people. Fúck old people. Let them die so we can get back to the office and the pub? Is that it?

Underlying conditions include Asthma, Type 2 Diabetes, COPD.

Nobody belonging to you fall into that category Smurf?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: joemamas on April 21, 2020, 06:20:21 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on April 21, 2020, 05:56:39 PM
No licences to be given for events of more than 5,000 people until September at earliest https://jrnl.ie/5080226

Ah well, I suppose it was to be expected, still the reality of no gaelic games in 2020 really sucks.

Errr - that'll not stop club games.

You could see a compressed club championship run off late in the year.

Not that I think its a great idea to be honest. Better to shelve the whole thing for the year I think.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

A UK manufacturing company is opening up tomorrow to produce PPE for Ireland! The UK government aren't not using him despite him making his company available!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2020, 10:13:44 PM
A UK manufacturing company is opening up tomorrow to produce PPE for Ireland! The UK government aren't not using him despite him making his company available!

You see that article in the bbc?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-52358036

What else can be said at this point...?

But sure they are "working hard" to secure PPE when someone is knocking on their door to offer it and they won't answer.
i usse an speelchekor

Maroon Manc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 22, 2020, 10:33:54 AM

But sure they are "working hard" to secure PPE when someone is knocking on their door to offer it and they won't answer.

I've seen several business owners on twitter who've PPE ready to go but have been continually ignored by the government.

LeoMc

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 21, 2020, 08:17:23 PM
Any thoughts on the trials being started in Oxford on Friday ?  is it a shot in the dark and has it a real shot at success or somewhere in between. 

Hopefully more successful than the Hydroxychloroquine touted by Trump got the past few weeks.
A trial does not guarantee success. Is it a vaccine, a cure or a test they are working on?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 22, 2020, 10:35:30 AM

I've seen several business owners on twitter who've PPE ready to go but have been continually ignored by the government.

Is there more to it and they're not meeting standards or something?

I am giving them benefit of the doubt mind but the tories really are not to be trusted and have put lives on the line.

RadioGAAGAA

I assumed that if it were on the front page of the propaganda machine that is the BBC that it would be very widespread and just unreported.

No surprise that it was a local Merseyside report that got bumped briefly to main site due to popularity and has now been buried by London.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 22, 2020, 10:47:52 AM

I am giving them benefit of the doubt mind but the tories really are not to be trusted and have put lives on the line.

You know what you do - you answer the phone, ascertain if it is to standards and if not, see what can be done to bring it into line.

No benefit of doubt for me. Incompetent or worse.
i usse an speelchekor

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 22, 2020, 10:47:52 AM

I think it has more to do with procurement rules and the number of offers they received. They need to filter out the scams from genuine then financial and regular audits before set up of the supplier contracts. There was a good thread on twitter but I cannot find it now.

whitegoodman

Quote from: LeoMc on April 22, 2020, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: whitegoodman on April 21, 2020, 08:17:23 PM

Hopefully more successful than the Hydroxychloroquine touted by Trump got the past few weeks.
A trial does not guarantee success. Is it a vaccine, a cure or a test they are working on?

Its a vaccine, Oxford seem to think it has 80% of success but you would have to think that is pretty optimistic or else it is incredible work they are doing