Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2023, 05:13:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 23, 2023, 05:00:13 PM
Some insane scores from Limerick here. Incredible team and am absolutely monstrous performance. They kept Gillane relatively quiet, especially in second half and I say relatively only because of his impossibly high standards. Flanagan and Tom Morrissey relatively quiet as well and then so many others step up.

KK def had a chance to win this year but they needed everyone to turn up. Walter didn't work out at all and had a few terrible shots, Mullen couldn't get into the game at all and I'm not sure Cody has touched the ball in the second half.

On top of everything, limerick's touch is still noticeably leagues ahead.
Limerick  94 were real. These multiple winners in football and hurling backed by money that nobody else gets  it's not GAA

No amount of €€€€ can put the ball over the bar like Peter Casey did in that second half...

Fantastic team, just enjoy them for the time that's in it

gallsman

RTE interviewer asked Casey about his "cameo" lolol.

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 23, 2023, 05:15:43 PM
Longest speech ever.

There are a lot of people to thank........

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on July 23, 2023, 04:38:33 PM
Too many KK lads taking too much out of it and giving cheap turnovers.

I'd say if you were sitting in the stands you would see that there very few options on for the lad in possession, so took the ball into contact and lost it more often than not. No point lumping high ball in the second half, Limerick got the measure of  that with O'Donoghue staying very deep. Cody was taken out of the game also, no space for the ball in front of him, only option for Kilkenny was to work it around the middle to get a long range point but Limerick even had that closed down.

johnnycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2023, 05:44:24 PM
Longest speech ever.

Ha ha, I thought the supporters were allowed on the pitch at the end, but that was only the players and coaches families  ;D

jcpen

Longest speech ever.

I'm of the opinion that speeches should be done away with.
NEUTRAL

From the Bunker

Quote from: jcpen on July 23, 2023, 06:26:10 PM
Longest speech ever.

I'm of the opinion that speeches should be done away with.

I'm not, it's the winning counties day. A day that may never happen soon again, so saviour it.
The losing fans are well down Jones Road and the TV viewership can switch to Netflix.

Eire90

whole thing had a meh feeling to it to me limerick win again Kilkenny in final again

Milltown Row2

I said before if Kilkenny start well they have to get a patch of dominance later, they didn't take advantage of that second goal, Limerick are amazing at building on momentum.

Can't see Limerick bate next few years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

Limerick completely took over after the goal. Kilkenny couldn't win a scrap in the Limerick half at all. Some poor decisions made as well by the cats playing short balls from sidelines and getting swamped. It's a long time since I saw Kilkenny look so ordinary. Hopefully someone can rise to Limericks level but I don't see the depth in talent in any of the other contenders to be honest. Kilkenny got no impact from the bench at all.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

yellowcard

Quote from: thejuice on July 23, 2023, 07:13:30 PM
Limerick completely took over after the goal. Kilkenny couldn't win a scrap in the Limerick half at all. Some poor decisions made as well by the cats playing short balls from sidelines and getting swamped. It's a long time since I saw Kilkenny look so ordinary. Hopefully someone can rise to Limericks level but I don't see the depth in talent in any of the other contenders to be honest. Kilkenny got no impact from the bench at all.

It's the sheer size and physicality that opposition teams can't cope with. Limerick looked like about 3 years ahead of Kilkenny from an S&C point of view, it was so noticeable even when Kilkenny were leading that eventually Limerick would grind them down in the second half. They simply couldn't match that level of intensity and completely suffocated and over powered Kilkenny. They're the biggest machine that the GAA has seen, greater than even the Dublin footballers at their peak I'd say. 

didlyi

Fantastic Limerick performance.
But the level of thrown hand passes is now off the charts. And I done care if theres a mm of space that only geniuses can see. When will someone stand up and call this out?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: didlyi on July 23, 2023, 07:57:07 PM
But the level of thrown hand passes is now off the charts. And I done care if theres a mm of space that only geniuses can see. When will someone stand up and call this out?
Duignan will never mention the throwing of the ball.
It's gone beyond a joke at this stage

From the Bunker

Quote from: didlyi on July 23, 2023, 07:57:07 PM

They also have difficulty with What the F**k a foul is? One minute you get a free for all of wallops and belts. Next minute it's a free for a bit of hanky panky and a offended fist pumping the air.

Kidder81

What a team Limerick are, I thought at the start of the year they were unbeatable (when it matters) & it's proved to be the case

Amazing mentality, they never panic