Wrightbus

Started by Hereiam, November 27, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: sensethetone on October 10, 2019, 03:44:37 PM
Ian Og. was championing J. Bamford of the JCB group to buy out Wrightbus. J. Bamford is also big pals with the Tory 1922 outfit apparently.

Ian has a plan.

The Da Bamford of JCB fame is a big pro Brexit supporter.

I was told by someone from the vicinity that the Wrights bought the whole site two years ago for a knockdown £4M on the proviso that they couldn't sell on for a profit for 10 years.
Evidently Bamford knows this and has offered the £4M but Pastor Jeff is wanting more as it's currently valued at £10M.

No pockets in a shroud Jeff!

imtommygunn

There's deep pockets in jeff's  :P

Orior

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 10, 2019, 03:24:27 PM
Wifey told me that Paisley helped Wrights when they bought the land (at a much reduced price)

Mind you i trust her even less than them two shysters  ;D

Be great to see one or both sink the other

Me too, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Imposerous

Would the fact the Bamfords are Catholic have any bearing on the Pastor's reluctance to sell the property?

playwiththewind1st

Nope....money is money, but it's all the sweeter when you rip off some English Taigs. Pastor Jeff will do a deal....when he's advised to do so, by his lord & saviour.

Dougal Maguire

They're English Taigs clearly with the same political opinions as Rees Mogg and Duncan Smith.
Careful now

playwiththewind1st

If you toe the line, you can avoid Tyburn.

Will it ever end

Quote from: johnnycool on October 10, 2019, 04:29:51 PM
Ian Og. was championing J. Bamford of the JCB group to buy out Wrightbus. J. Bamford is also big pals with the Tory 1922 outfit apparently.

Ian has a plan.

I was told by someone from the vicinity that the Wrights bought the whole site two years ago for a knockdown £4M on the proviso that they couldn't sell on for a profit for 10 years.
Evidently Bamford knows this and has offered the £4M but Pastor Jeff is wanting more as it's currently valued at £10M.

If there was such a restrictive covenant youve alluded to below I would be very surprised anyone would value the land at £10m

tyroneman

I wonder, if both the Shipyard and Wrightbus are saved, will those workers who previously contributed to the religious intolerance in both have a Damscence conversion and appreciate the support that has been given from both sides of the community in the fight to keep the two places afloat?

sensethetone

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 10, 2019, 09:31:06 PM

Ian has a plan.

If there was such a restrictive covenant youve alluded to below I would be very surprised anyone would value the land at £10m

The land was bought at a knocked down price, no doubt because of who was the buyer. Ian P wouldn't have set that deal up, now he like the ground back.

nrico2006

Never seen media attention like it the past few months to both Wrightbus and H & W.  Im sure there have been many more large companies that have closed down over the past 10 years who haven't got a mention or any sort of a campaign to save them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnnycool

Quote from: sensethetone on October 11, 2019, 08:03:18 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on October 10, 2019, 09:31:06 PM

Ian has a plan.

The land was bought at a knocked down price, no doubt because of who was the buyer. Ian P wouldn't have set that deal up, now he like the ground back.

The sticking point seems to be 40 acres of agricultural land attached to the factory but not part of the factory but was part of the original deal for the Gallaghers plant.

Ian O'g alluded to all the help he's given the Wrights over the years and I'm sure he wants this to go through with no fuss as he himself might not want too many looking under this particular stone.

imtommygunn

I'm sure of course he gave all this help out of the goodness of his heart and not for any material reasons...

quit yo jibbajabba

Some boy chris knowles on fb, nephew of the man himself has on his profile that it was all sold to secure jobs at the time, farmland and all, so the same should be done again now

Thats him off the Will....

Edit - hes it off now. Hes back in the Will...

Smokin Joe