Wrightbus

Started by Hereiam, November 27, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

The upstanding Paisley and Wright familys joined at the hip ITG. After that one can draw one owns conclusions.

imtommygunn

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bannside on October 02, 2019, 08:11:00 PM
The upstanding Paisley and Wright familys joined at the hip ITG. After that one can draw one owns conclusions.

haha, well there is a fallout now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49996934

QuoteBut Jeff Wright said Mr Paisley's role had been "unhelpful to say the least" and he advised that the MP to "leave the business of deal making to the professionals at Deloitte".

"In what could be considered a vote-campaigning exercise, Mr Paisley continually championed Mr Bamford throughout this process," added Jeff Wright.

So looks like from the article Wright ain't all that Christian. I'd say it looks like Bamford is after a decent price on land near the factory for expansion - and Wright wants to get him in the door and then sell it at an exorbitant price.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Wright has no shame. Good to see him falling out with paisley though. Greed greed greed. I was hoping there was something he had done in the transfer of money to that green acres church that was illegal and he could be prosecuted. Ethically it certainly isn't right though I suspect for that much money there are legal advisers at play so it is all above board legally. Christian my arse.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2019, 09:47:01 AM
On another note with paisley junior you wouldn't be surprised if he is up to his neck in something here too.

Balls deep is probably a more apt expression for him.
i usse an speelchekor

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2019, 01:38:35 PM
Wright has no shame. Good to see him falling out with paisley though. Greed greed greed. I was hoping there was something he had done in the transfer of money to that green acres church that was illegal and he could be prosecuted. Ethically it certainly isn't right though I suspect for that much money there are legal advisers at play so it is all above board legally. Christian my arse.

Best that could be hoped for would be that the workers would place the blame with Jeff and also see through Paisley but I can't see the latter happening. They will still go to the ballot box and vote him back in.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on October 10, 2019, 02:09:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2019, 01:38:35 PM

Best that could be hoped for would be that the workers would place the blame with Jeff and also see through Paisley but I can't see the latter happening. They will still go to the ballot box and vote him back in.

Ian Og has done with the Wrights as they've lost their influence in the area.

He needs another sugar daddy.

imtommygunn

On a local level I don't think there can be any more. Michelin's, gallagher's and now Wrightbus. The major employers have been ripped out of ballymena.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2019, 02:35:39 PM
On a local level I don't think there can be any more. Michelin's, gallagher's and now Wrightbus. The major employers have been ripped out of ballymena.

ITG - I have noticed SF playing a low key role of support throughout this issue, wonder how that has gone down with the workforce, any idea?

imtommygunn

No idea nag. Given what has been reported about the demographic of the workforce it would be interesting to hear. Paisley is trying to save some face last minute by the looks of it. Given the area and how he always comes up smelling of roses that will probably redeem him any lost votes.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2019, 02:40:56 PM
No idea nag. Given what has been reported about the demographic of the workforce it would be interesting to hear. Paisley is trying to save some face last minute by the looks of it. Given the area and how he always comes up smelling of roses that will probably redeem him any lost votes.

Yeah just thought it a strange one with the demographic. JW seems as if he is going to come out as the big bad guy in this one and Paisley can point the finger at him and say he tried his best to get a buyer for them bla bla bla.

imtommygunn

You would wonder would he have any dirt on paisley he'd be prepared to use if there's a big fallout. There is bound to be some.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on October 10, 2019, 02:37:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2019, 02:35:39 PM

ITG - I have noticed SF playing a low key role of support throughout this issue, wonder how that has gone down with the workforce, any idea?

They wouldn't be welcome about the place..

quit yo jibbajabba

Wifey told me that Paisley helped Wrights when they bought the land (at a much reduced price)

Mind you i trust her even less than them two shysters  ;D

Be great to see one or both sink the other

sensethetone

Ian Og. was championing J. Bamford of the JCB group to buy out Wrightbus. J. Bamford is also big pals with the Tory 1922 outfit apparently.

Ian has a plan.