Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 13, 2012, 03:27:22 PM
Glasgow Rangers RIP

This recession/depression is absolutely brutal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Evil Genius

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 13, 2012, 04:34:28 AM
Dammit.  I should never watch the Grammys.  Just learned that two of my favourities died last year--Bill Morrissey and Phoebe Snow
Doesn't make any difference whether you watched or not, they still died.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ziggysego

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 13, 2012, 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on February 13, 2012, 04:34:28 AM
Dammit.  I should never watch the Grammys.  Just learned that two of my favourities died last year--Bill Morrissey and Phoebe Snow
Doesn't make any difference whether you watched or not, they still died.

:D
Testing Accessibility

Oraisteach

You're right there, EG.  But if I hadn't watched, I wouldn't know and wouldn't feel sad.  Too many my age are dying these days.

lawnseed

todd snider 'alcohol and pills'  youtube music. now todd can add another couple of verses 8) 8)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

thebandit

Kieran 'Jap' Finlay, former Monaghan GAA star and Father of current Monaghan player Paul died today after an illness.

He was a stylish forward in same mould as his son. In 1979 the Monaghan team won the Ulster championship for the first time in 41 years with a defeat of Donegal. In the final Kieran Finlay scored 1-09, which was a record in an Ulster final for 20 years.

Paul's man of the match performance on Sunday was one any father would be proud of. RIP Jap.

lawnseed

Quote from: thebandit on February 14, 2012, 09:11:54 PM
Kieran 'Jap' Finlay, former Monaghan GAA star and Father of current Monaghan player Paul died today after an illness.

He was a stylish forward in same mould as his son. In 1979 the Monaghan team won the Ulster championship for the first time in 41 years with a defeat of Donegal. In the final Kieran Finlay scored 1-09, which was a record in an Ulster final for 20 years.

Paul's man of the match performance on Sunday was one any father would be proud of. RIP Jap.

nice respectful post. RIP
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Louth Exile

A great family man who gave them great support and was an inspiration for Paul. Never smoked and was mindful of his diet, fought the good fight but went before his time. A good guy, who loved a song and was fond of a game of golf. I sincerely don't think anyone was expecting him to go so quickly.

His performance in the 79 Ulster final was his crowning glory and something I know he was very proud of. A performance that puts him in the company of Frank Mc Guigan and Oisin Mc Conville, nothing shabby about that now!

My deepest sympathy to all the Finlay family. RIP Kieran "Jap" Finlay
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maguire01

Quote from: thebandit on February 14, 2012, 09:11:54 PM

+1
RIP Kieran 'Jap' Finlay

Tony Baloney

Marie Colvin of The Sunday Times in what appears to be a targetted attack by Assad's forces in Homs, Syria.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 22, 2012, 11:37:42 AM
Marie Colvin of The Sunday Times in what appears to be a targetted attack by Assad's forces in Homs, Syria.

Is she the one with the eye patch?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.