FIFA corruption

Started by seafoid, May 30, 2011, 03:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

From twitter: Jack Warner says he got World Cup TV rights for $1 in return for supporting Sepp Blatter in 1998 FIFA election. Link to full story soon.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

"Once again there is a sort of storm against FIFA relating to the Qatar World Cup. Sadly there's a great deal of discrimination and racism and this hurts me." - Sepp Blatter

That guy will say anything to stay in power. Throw that word out there again (reminds me of rossfan on this board)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2011, 10:41:40 AM
Blatter reminds me of Frank Murphy

I know this is from years ago but it's a very unfair comparison. Frank Murphy is not as bad as people make out and even if he were he's not in the same galaxy as that pond scum Blatter.

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 09, 2014, 10:46:11 PM

I know this is from years ago but it's a very unfair comparison. Frank Murphy is not as bad as people make out and even if he were he's not in the same galaxy as that pond scum Blatter.
Frank could sue for that comparison.

But it should be noted that Blatter was not at all involved in the corruption around the Qatar vote, he voted for Australia. Probably Australia's only vote. It was Platini who manipulated the overwhelming UEFA based vote for Qatar. And it is public knowledge what  Platini's connection is there.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on June 09, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

But it should be noted that Blatter was not at all involved in the corruption around the Qatar vote, he voted for Australia. Probably Australia's only vote. It was Platini who manipulated the overwhelming UEFA based vote for Qatar. And it is public knowledge what  Platini's connection is there.

+1 Platini is as dirty as anyone on this.

Billys Boots

Quote+1 Platini is as dirty as anyone on this.

He's been spectacularly quiet in the past fortnight, for him. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

J OGorman

good one. Maybe Septic didnt directly vote for Qatar, he will have been involved in this carryon. (if not, he aint running a very tight ship). FIFA is corrupt to the core

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2014, 09:11:03 AM
Quote+1 Platini is as dirty as anyone on this.

He's been spectacularly quiet in the past fortnight, for him.

I did see this from him..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/05/michel-platini-conspirators-2022-world-cup-bid-uefa

muppet

Anyone can sue. But I don't think Frank would have much of a case for reminding someone of someone else. Platini on the other hand might have a case, unless there is proof of the bold above.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Bertie Ahern voted for Albert Reynolds in the heave against Albert's leadership that saw Bertie elected leader. He even showed his vote to Albert in his sleeveen way. Albert said that was the moment when he knew his goose was cooked.

Billys Boots

That was my first thought too Hardy.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

The thought did cross my mind, but to be honest I'm not sure if Blatter could be arsed with that sort of reverse psychology.

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2014, 12:22:19 PM

Anyone can sue. But I don't think Frank would have much of a case for reminding someone of someone else. Platini on the other hand might have a case, unless there is proof of the bold above.
Platini is the whip of the Uefa party and he holds the purse. You don't need proof  when his  UEFA underlings vote on block for the Qatari bid. There were 10 members from Uefa countries on the executive who voted for WC 2022 bid,  9 of them voted for Qatar,  the 10th - Blatter voted for Australia. Is it Platini's son who's embedded in the Qatar football enterprises? and Platini has been the visible champion of all things Qatari for years.
Though insanity would be a fallback defence for voting to have a WC Finals  being played in Gulf state summer heat.

However Platini would agree to a revote, he even calls for a revote if Qatar were found to be corrupting the original vote.
In the echelons of FIFA and UEFA,  proven corruption is no grounds for dismissal/exclusion ::)
In that case, Platini says he would vote for them again in the  2nd vote.
This is planet Platini, where  proven. exposed. brazen bribery  gets his stamp of approval.
Yet again, he will vote for a WC to be played  searing heat, however he makes  some weak plea for the Finals to be switched to winter, which will not happen.

Here's a good account of the Qatar bid
http://www.newsweek.com/soccer-punch-how-qatar-came-host-2022-world-cup-224033

seafoid

How they voted for Qatar is a mystery.
They barely even play soccer in Qatar.

I was in Oman, down the road, a few years ago in June and it was impossible to walk outside at
2pm with the heat.
Even in the evening it was really hot.

It is absolute insanity playing the WC there.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU