Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Robbo on October 09, 2022, 09:39:39 PM
Devastatingly brilliant.

Murphy timed the year too perfection. Workmanlike early but have built a head of steam and look like theyre ready to go hard at leinster. Heard them saying it us likeyl to be shelmallirrs away. Not easy by any means but Id fully expect Port to come through.

Shelmaliers will be a big step up from ODempseys. They took Naas to extra time in the Leinster semi final last year and they have Eoghan OGara from Dublin after transferring in this year .  I watched them beat St Anne's by 20 points tonight in the semi on Wexford GAA tv and they are a very good side . Full of strong runners and have 3/4 very clinical forwards . It's very hard to gauge did Port up it a notch today or were ODempseys just brutal .ODempseys didn't shut down Colm Murphy the way Portlaoise and Ballyroan did .  Port were pushed to the pin of their collar vs Portlaoise in the semi and by Ballyroan in the quarters and can thank Osbornes save on Lillis the last day as a vital moment in this 3 in a row achievement

Silkyskillssunshinee

It's a pity Jason Moore never got a real run in a Laois jersey, whether it be because of work commitments or other. You can't teach pace and I think a good coach could have turned him into a very good inter-county half back.

Portarlington primed for another run at Leinster but will be tested up in Wexford. Think they'll be without Adam Ryan as well who was excellent also today.

Smellyball

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 09, 2022, 11:14:49 PM
It's a pity Jason Moore never got a real run in a Laois jersey, whether it be because of work commitments or other. You can't teach pace and I think a good coach could have turned him into a very good inter-county half back.

Portarlington primed for another run at Leinster but will be tested up in Wexford. Think they'll be without Adam Ryan as well who was excellent also today.
Only managed to catch a couple of minutes of the game.
If that was Moore that was involved in the red card incident he should be embarrassed to ever set foot on a football field again.
I've no desire to see sneaky fanny heads in the blue and white.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Smellyball on October 09, 2022, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 09, 2022, 11:14:49 PM

Only managed to catch a couple of minutes of the game.
If that was Moore that was involved in the red card incident he should be embarrassed to ever set foot on a football field again.
I've no desire to see sneaky fanny heads in the blue and white.

What an embarrassing statement

Jd

The chap in question is well able to dish it out too so maybe karma does exist. Its the was the game is gone unfortunately.  I saw it at minor last week so ye may be prepared to see more.  In fairness I saw Seamus Mulhare deal with it at the semis by giving a red to a fella for the reaction but gave a black to the lad yelling in his face. Both off for the remainder of the match

thegreeenandgold

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on September 26, 2022, 06:37:00 PM
Quote from:  8) on August 23, 2022, 07:48:13 AM
It's that time of the year where Josephs get all excited before exiting in a heroic two point defeat.  Graigue think they are back but that's every year since 1965.  Ballyroanabbey talk about 92.  O Dempsey's are just O Dempsey's.  Courtwood and St Man's realize they are just making up the numbers.  Portlaoise dream of the good old days and Port win a 3rd County in a row. 

Laois Championship and we love it

Wisdom is my middle name

When you know you know

Spiritof86

Martin Murphy is going to be hard replaced at Port .

redsetanta

Horrible day fro football which was a pity.

O'Dempseys looked a bit clueless when they got to the final third. Didn't seem to have too many willing to shoot and time after time they either recycled it back or were overturned.

Poor display from them but Port were good and had no problem kicking scores when in range.

It woud be great to see them do well in Leinster as they're well capable.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Blow-in

Adam Ryan's last game for Port. Transferring up to Sligo

SCFC

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 10, 2022, 02:25:02 PM
Adam Ryan's last game for Port. Transferring up to Sligo
He'll surely hang on for the Leinster club?

Heshs Umpire

We have to get 7 or 8 of that Port team in with Laois this winter or we're wasting our time.
We simply can't afford to be without the likes of Piggott, Byrne and Colm Murphy and we should also be asking in 3 or 4 more of them on top of O'Sullivan and Mohan who were there this year.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Butch Cassidy

Cathal Bennett another Humps, he's brilliant. No bullshit or dirt with him, just a great defender

Robbo

Hard luck to the heath and barrowhouse. I had hopes the heath would have a run in leinster.

Best of luck to Port. Not easy win away but itll take a good team to beat them.

Spiritof86

Looked like a right battle down in Wexford. Jake Foster sent off. He'll be a loss against Palentine . Doesn't look like many Port lads taking up the Laois call up which is a pity . Invitations sent out last week for start of training in November .

Robbo

Clinical stuff from port.
Carlow side not bad but port turning them over and getting scores much easier. One foot firmly in semi.