Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 12, 2022, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on September 12, 2022, 01:51:43 PM
I assume the silence means that Maher didn't take it?
Word is that due to a good few prominent players not willing to commit for 2023, maher is not taking it.
We have a few former players with great potential.
Tommy Fitz and seamus dwyer would be a good solid management.  Know the game inside out in laois and would be a huge asset in transitioning young players. Maybe dwyer would bring brian codyvalong with him 🤔
shockin romurs to be spreadin. idol gossips

georgedoylesrightleg

bests luck wiliie and well done the county board

The PRO

Good luck to him. He has a huge task on his hands.
No more than Sheehan with the footballers, there's a massive job before a ball is struck trying to get the best possible panel to commit.

High Fielder

Great news. Delighted for the Laois hurling public, who seem enthused by the appointment. Wishing him and the team well

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 12, 2022, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on September 12, 2022, 01:51:43 PM

I assume the silence means that Maher didn't take it?
Word is that due to a good few prominent players not willing to commit for 2023, maher is not taking it.
We have a few former players with great potential.
Tommy Fitz and seamus dwyer would be a good solid management.  Know the game inside out in laois and would be a huge asset in transitioning young players. Maybe dwyer would bring brian codyvalong with him 🤔
Misinformed. Apologies. 
Great appointment.  Hopefully all the players will make the desired commitment the new management deserves

mcwregor

Great appointment and I wish Willie Maher all the best as laois manager. Im looking forward to seeing big Dan on the side line with the laois baseball cap turned backwards!! He will bring a bit of blaa buzz to the set up.

Goalkeepers
E Rowland
C Dunne
E Fleming

Backs
D Hartnett
P Delaney
L Cleere
S Downey
P Dunne
R Mullaney
D Conway
J Kelly
C McEvoy

Midfielders
P Purcell
F Fennell
J Keyes
A Corby
C Stapleton

Forwards
P Maher
C Dwyer
R King
A Dunphy
M Keyes
J Duggan
M Kavanagh
E Lyons
B Conroy
PJ Scully
M Dowling
C Collier
J Ryan
B McGinley

I may have left out an obvious one or two by mistake

The panel above would go very close to winning the Joe Mc. I think the incentive is there for these lads to commit. A big day out in a national final in croke park for players and supports alike should be on the cards here with the chance a la 2019 v Dublin also possible.
I do believe the non-committals will regret not doing all they can when they have the opportunity. The summer in America can still be done as the Joe Mc will be over by then so that's not really a valid excuse anymore either.

The only one I think that could consider retiring is Willie Dunphy. Has had plenty of injury issues down the years and certainly owes the county nothing. Very committed player over the past 10-12 years. Of the panel above id say only maybe 1 or 2 are over the 30 mark and all have lots to offer at county level.

Lets hope Willie can convince them this is worth the effort

redsetanta

The addition of Dan Shanahan is a big plus. He's a likeable fella with lots of experience and that bit of charisma.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

Quote from: mcwregor on September 13, 2022, 08:58:48 AM
Great appointment and I wish Willie Maher all the best as laois manager. Im looking forward to seeing big Dan on the side line with the laois baseball cap turned backwards!! He will bring a bit of blaa buzz to the set up.

Goalkeepers
E Rowland
C Dunne
E Fleming

Backs
D Hartnett
P Delaney
L Cleere
S Downey
P Dunne
R Mullaney
D Conway
J Kelly
C McEvoy

Midfielders
P Purcell
F Fennell
J Keyes
A Corby
C Stapleton

Forwards
P Maher
C Dwyer
R King
A Dunphy
M Keyes
J Duggan
M Kavanagh
E Lyons
B Conroy
PJ Scully
M Dowling
C Collier
J Ryan
B McGinley

The panel above would go very close to winning the Joe Mc. I think the incentive is there for these lads to commit. A big day out in a national final in croke park for players and supports alike should be on the cards here with the chance a la 2019 v Dublin also possible.
I do believe the non-committals will regret not doing all they can when they have the opportunity. The summer in America can still be done as the Joe Mc will be over by then so that's not really a valid excuse anymore either.

The only one I think that could consider retiring is Willie Dunphy. Has had plenty of injury issues down the years and certainly owes the county nothing. Very committed player over the past 10-12 years. Of the panel above id say only maybe 1 or 2 are over the 30 mark and all have lots to offer at county level.

Good news in the manager and don't forget that having the likes of Podge Delaney, Mark Kavanagh and Lee Cleere at full firness back would be a serious addition to the setup. Hoping that some with travel plans could be convinced to postpone them.

Good luck to the new management team.

Zooming around

Great news. Brilliant appointment which should excite any player.

ottoman

Goalkeepers
E Rowland
C Dunne
E Fleming

Backs
D Hartnett
P Delaney
L Cleere
S Downey
P Dunne
R Mullaney
D Conway
J Kelly
C McEvoy

Midfielders
P Purcell
F Fennell
J Keyes
A Corby
C Stapleton

Forwards
P Maher
C Dwyer
R King
A Dunphy
M Keyes
J Duggan
M Kavanagh
E Lyons
B Conroy
PJ Scully
M Dowling
C Collier
J Ryan
B McGinley

I'm fairly certain Lee Cleere is off to Australia in December for the year.

Laois man

Ben Conroy gone aswell. But lots of good young lads out there to bring into the set up.

LaoisAbu20

Goalkeepers
E Rowland
C Dunne
E Fleming

Backs
D Hartnett
P Delaney
L Cleere
S Downey
P Dunne
R Mullaney
D Conway
J Kelly
C McEvoy

Midfielders
P Purcell
F Fennell
J Keyes
A Corby
C Stapleton

Forwards
P Maher
C Dwyer
R King
A Dunphy
M Keyes
J Duggan
M Kavanagh
E Lyons
B Conroy
PJ Scully
M Dowling
C Collier
J Ryan
B McGinley

Cha and Downey off travelling as well. Heard Picky will be doubtful for this year's panel. Hopefully a few new faces will join the panel.

Spiritof86

Quote from: redsetanta on September 13, 2022, 11:11:37 AM
The addition of Dan Shanahan is a big plus. He's a likeable fella with lots of experience and that bit of charisma.

No guarantee Dan Shanahan is coming on board . Worked previously together alright but currently with Bennettbridge and other offers also on the table from other counties .

Ogie

Brian Horgan in coaching with Willie Maher, Maybe Dan also

Laois man

Is Brian Horgan a club coach in Tipperary?