Third best

Started by mouview, December 04, 2013, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

So who's the third best player in the world presently? Zlatan.. Neymar.. Ribery..Rooney...Hazard...Aguero...Robben...Suarez..Xavi...Iniesta....Ozil? Anyone left out? After tonight, surely Suarez has a strong claim.....

laoislad

Quote from: mouview on December 04, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
So who's the third best player in the world presently? Zlatan.. Neymar.. Ribery..Rooney...Hazard...Aguero...Robben...Suarez..Xavi...Iniesta....Ozil? Anyone left out? After tonight, surely Suarez has a strong claim.....

Conor Sammon
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Apparently so

Estimator

So by scoring four goals against Norwich he is now the 3rd best player in the World?

11 of his 51 PL goals (21.5%) have been scored against Norwich, he has now scored 3 hattricks against them.  I think that says more about Norwich than it does Suarez.
Ulster League Champions 2009

The Worker

Quote from: Estimator on December 05, 2013, 09:21:49 AM

So by scoring four goals against Norwich he is now the 3rd best player in the World?

11 of his 51 PL goals (21.5%) have been scored against Norwich, he has now scored 3 hattricks against them.  I think that says more about Norwich than it does Suarez.

I agree, poor player.

deiseach

Quote from: The Worker on December 05, 2013, 09:23:14 AM

I agree, poor player.

Yeah, he'd be good if only he could score goals.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on December 05, 2013, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: The Worker on December 05, 2013, 09:23:14 AM

I agree, poor player.

Yeah, he'd be good if only he could
score goals.
And sure the goals he scores are only tap ins.

rosnarun

And not a bad goalie either
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Wee Roddy

Rooney! Are you near it man? Not even in the top 10 I would say. Hazard shouldn't be on that list either, nor Neymar. I would probably add Bale as a top 10 player at this stage. I would say 2 of the worlds top 10 play in the EPL, Augero and Suarez

nrico2006

Again, who is the best footballer or who is the best striker (whose job it is to score goals)? 

I would have Messi at 1, Ronaldo at 2.  As for the rest, you can argue about those included in the list at the top of this thread although I wouldn't have Ribery or Hazard in the top 10.  Rooney has a good argument to be included in the top 10.  The like of Mario Gotze, Thomas Muller, Fabregas, Reus and YaYa Toure would all have good shouts too.  Toure is a definite actually.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Gareth Bale on current form is up there. Wait until he finally settles in then he'll be even better!!

Huge fan of Muller at Bayern. Xavis form has dipped greatly which is a big worry for Barca/Spain.

CD

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 05, 2013, 11:59:04 AM

Rooney! Are you near it man? Not even in the top 10 I would say. Hazard shouldn't be on that list either, nor Neymar. I would probably add Bale as a top 10 player at this stage. I would say 2 of the worlds top 10 play in the EPL, Augero and Suarez

+1 - good call.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Orior

The winners are:

Rory Best
Simon Best
Third Best
George Best
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on December 05, 2013, 01:18:18 PM
The winners are:

Rory Best
Simon Best
Third Best
George Best

Who are the first two?

What about Leon Best.