Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
This is the sort of insightful, nuanced analysis that keep me coming back to the board.

:D ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gallsman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:33:42 PM
This is the sort of insightful, nuanced analysis that keep me coming back to the board.

Don't get your smugness on it. You've just admitted you have absolutely zero knowledge of the incident in question yet saw fit to accuse me of supporting the Israeli genocide in Palestine because I like to watch football matches unimpeded.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Watching games is the function of a stadium, this should not be compromised for political showboating, this can take place at the back of the stand or the corner where it is not blocking anyone.

Yes, and for the most part they hoist those flags completely unobtrusively, in no one's line of sight.

Like I said, little to be complaining about.

Re the lad being arrested on the terrace -- different issue, and know nothing of the particulars there.

That's the incident everyone is talking about.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

Don't get your smugness on it. You've just admitted you have absolutely zero knowledge of the occurrent in question yet saw fit to accuse me of supporting the Israeli genocide in Palestine because I like to watch football matches unimpeded.

Smug? Get a grip, just a reaction to Hardy's contribution.

Zero knowledge of the terrace incident yes, but not zero knowledge of what occurred on the banking.

And any accusations of supporting genocide was certainly OTT, and fully retracted, with apologies.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

Don't get your smugness on it. You've just admitted you have absolutely zero knowledge of the occurrent in question yet saw fit to accuse me of supporting the Israeli genocide in Palestine because I like to watch football matches unimpeded.

Just out of interest, how many times have you complained to the Gardaí because of flags interfering with your ability to watch matches? Or do you know of anyone who has ever complained to the authorities because their view of a game was impeded? This whole idea of this being about somebody complaining because their view of the match was impeded is farcical. Had that guy been waving a Tyrone flag would he have been removed from the ground or even accosted about his flag in the first place?
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 12:53:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2018, 01:46:38 AMit seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

No, I'm not.

Do you or GHD not get how bad your hypocrisy is?!

I state that I would hypothetically not want to have my view of a football match obstructed. Whether it's a Palestinian flag or an Israeli flag or or a Tyrone flag is irrelevant. Get accused of endorsing genocide. Embarrassing stuff lads.

The flags were being hoist on the banking behind the goals at the Trim end, so all those poor Meath snowflakes :P had to do was to, literally, slide along laterally for a metre or two if the fleeting flag waving was proving to be an insuperable obstruction.

Jeez, some folk have little to be complaining about, seriously  :-\

Watching games is the function of a stadium, this should not be compromised for political showboating, this can take place at the back of the stand or the corner where it is not blocking anyone.

So should it be compromised for county flags? Or Japan flags or confederate flags?

Jinxy

The number of flags in general at games has decreased massively in recent years.
Wouldn't bother me at all if they were gone altogether, i.e. blanket ban.
It's a pain in the arse being stuck behind one.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on June 10, 2018, 02:00:48 PM
The number of flags in general at games has decreased massively in recent years.
Wouldn't bother me at all if they were gone altogether, i.e. blanket ban.
It's a pain in the arse being stuck behind one.

How likely are you to phone the Gardaí about it?
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Not likely at all.
However, if the argument is 'what about flag x, y or z?', my solution would be to ban them altogether.
I've never brought a flag to a game in my life.
I've never even gone to a game with someone who has brought a flag.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on June 10, 2018, 02:15:31 PM
Not likely at all.
However, if the argument is 'what about flag x, y or z?', my solution would be to ban them altogether.
I've never brought a flag to a game in my life.
I've never even gone to a game with someone who has brought a flag.

I find that quite astonishing, but would agree, either ban completely or be totally non-discriminatory about what's being flown, within reason, ie, no KKK flags or the offensive like.

Jinxy

I dunno.
I've always associated flags at games with kids or slightly eccentric older people.
Plus, I watch games with my arms folded and no emotion at all on my face (emotion=weakness).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on June 10, 2018, 02:32:28 PM
I dunno.
I've always associated flags at games with kids or slightly eccentric older people.
Plus, I watch games with my arms folded and no emotion at all on my face (emotion=weakness).

Compare and contrast with, say, the Dubs and their riotous assembly of flegs on Hill 16... ;)

Jinxy

What the Jackeens do in their stadium is their business.