Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Fair play to you thejuice, excellent analysis of the game. I'm debating whether or flatness was some larger malaise within the camp or just a shite day at the office. STG and his crew of minions will be sniffing blood around Harte losing the team but some of our lads want to look at themselves with their wastefulness infront of the posts. Matty and Harry Loughran had two howlers that'd you wouldn't see in an u12 match!!

Anyway, these games are only about the result. We move on and refocus on the 23/24th.

Once again, well done to the Meath buckos. That was a 100% free with your last attack.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: markl121 on June 09, 2018, 09:57:33 PM
I'd doubt thats the real story but if it is Jesus what's happened the gaa. Look at games from 15-20 years ago. Flags everywhere I remember as a child bringing  2 or 3 to a match. Now you're getting complained about because someone can't see. I counted four flags at the game in owenbeg today. Four.
It's 100% I have a video of it and all
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

markl121

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 09, 2018, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: markl121 on June 09, 2018, 09:57:33 PM
I'd doubt thats the real story but if it is Jesus what's happened the gaa. Look at games from 15-20 years ago. Flags everywhere I remember as a child bringing  2 or 3 to a match. Now you're getting complained about because someone can't see. I counted four flags at the game in owenbeg today. Four.
It's 100% I have a video of it and all
I don't mean I don't believe it happen, I'm doubting the gardai official response that someone complained about the flag that they couldn't see.

barelegs

During the hurling before the football 4 guards approached another Tyrone fan on a different part of the terrace where he was obstructing no one and asked him to roll up his flag which he did. The first guard there was standing behind me for a couple of minutes before they moved in and he was clearly under orders from more senior officers over the radio. He didn't appear too keen on having to get involved

Gael85

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 29, 2018, 10:48:28 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 29, 2018, 10:28:38 PM
I think of all the provincial championships Leinster is the most fcuked. The all Ireland is pretty much going the same way though.  However with the population explosions in Kildare and Meath does the extensive  funding for Dublins coaching and development stop at the border of these counties.   If so how can that be justified as these counties are highly populated also and need more resources than before. 
Because that in itself would be a major part of the problem.  All kids need access to the best coaching for our games throughout the island and if centrally funded it should go beyond the needs of the Dubs. 
Obviously there are other factors as well but from the sound of it new clubs need to be created in Kildare and Meath in areas of high density population. Just the same as Dublin did. 
The management of the Leinster GAA situation is obviously lacking in wit never mind resources, not just the individual counties.

Leixlip and Confey needed to amalgamate at minor level last season, I imagine it is a different story 5 minutes up the road in Lucan.

Not sure what Lucan has to with a Tyrone/Meath thread. I surely invested their resources in underage structures and not invest everything into senior team like Leixlip did in the noughties.

Jeremiah O

Last 6 games between these two have resulted in 5 Tyrone wins and a draw.Changed times indeed!
Unconquered and unconquerable

gallsman

Surprised by the number of "if your view is blocked, move" comments. If I pay my money in and some gobshite has a flag up permanently that's obstructing my view, I'll be telling him to take it down pretty swiftly.

Also don't see any reason to disbelieve the statement from the gardai. He was arrested for being an abusive p***k, not for having a flag.

larryin89

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2018, 12:39:39 AM
Surprised by the number of "if your view is blocked, move" comments. If I pay my money in and some gobshite has a flag up permanently that's obstructing my view, I'll be telling him to take it down pretty swiftly.

Also don't see any reason to disbelieve the statement from the gardai. He was arrested for being an abusive p***k, not for having a flag.

Yeah and why were the two Gestapo stood either side of Palestine flag waving buck ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tyrone recover from this less than convincing and lucky win to reach another All Ireland semi final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You weren't there, so your "permanent" comment is pure rot.

The flags were momentarily raised, only, when there was an expectation of Murdoch's cameras being obliged to carry a meagre message of solidarity from these shores to those afflicted souls subjected to the murderous jackboot of the minions of Netanyahu, though it seems you're just dandy with medics and kids being systematically taken out with the latest US 'precision' hardware! And those whinging whiners behind only had to get off their fat arses and shift a metre or two to the left or right to relieve their soft discomfort.

Fair comments thejuice, QED from here for us, a curate's egg doesn't quite cut it ;)

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1005527501161025536?s=19
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

give her dixie

I witnessed both incidents today and I was told on both occasions by the Gardai that they were "committing incitement to hatred" by flying the Palestinian flag. As I had a Palestinian shirt on I asked why I wasn't been arrested. I was informed it was just Palestinian flags.

Maybe you witnessed something different from me today when you say "He was arrested for being an abusive p***k, not for having a flag."

And what would be so wrong in showing solidarity to these lads in Gaza playing football in Dublin and Meath jerseys at a time when the world has forgotten them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDAj0QcnPs
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 09, 2018, 09:07:34 PM
Quote from: markl121 on June 09, 2018, 08:47:36 PM
What's the story with the man getting arrested for having the Palestine flag. What's the basis for arrest? Shocking from the GAA unless there's something else went on.
I didn't know GAA officials had to power to make arrests now.Can't think of any reason why they'd be arrested simply for carrying a national flag though. Has to be more to it than that.

https://twitter.com/gavinocal/status/1005545159944269824
Filed under "get that flag down" rather than politics
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Hard luck to Meath, unlucky not to win in normal time and nearly came from the dead in ET. I thought throughout that they found it a little harder to get frees than Tyrone, maybe because Tyrone judged the ref better. But the non-free at the end was a poor decision, especially as he'd been consistently giving frees for that type of challenge. Would have been a tough one to land of course

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2018, 09:08:07 AM
Hard luck to Meath, unlucky not to win in normal time and nearly came from the dead in ET. I thought throughout that they found it a little harder to get frees than Tyrone, maybe because Tyrone judged the ref better. But the non-free at the end was a poor decision, especially as he'd been consistently giving frees for that type of challenge. Would have been a tough one to land of course

Neilan is just a poor referee.  His record over the last 18 months is very poor when it comes to consistency.