Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018

Started by never kickt a ball, May 28, 2018, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Meath should go for it. Tyrone are still loyal to Mickey. That could be worth 3 points. Plus no decent forwards is deeply unfashionable.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

I'm wary of this one - I think back to last year when Derry nearly took Mayo and Carlow nearly took Monaghan - Could be a similar issue here with superior team going into an ambush. Plus we have lots of injuries but still thinking we can take by 2/3 points.

Wonder will Ronan O'neill be made pay for challenging Harte against Monaghan (he would have been a sure starter considering injuries if he hadn't).

Was also wondering is Ruairi Sludden Nialls brother - He could possibly get the start with so many missing.

Is there anyone to watch out for on the Meath team as in up and coming?

In hiding

Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2018, 01:50:20 PM
I'm wary of this one - I think back to last year when Derry nearly took Mayo and Carlow nearly took Monaghan - Could be a similar issue here with superior team going into an ambush. Plus we have lots of injuries but still thinking we can take by 2/3 points.

Wonder will Ronan O'neill be made pay for challenging Harte against Monaghan (he would have been a sure starter considering injuries if he hadn't).

Was also wondering is Ruairi Sludden Nialls brother - He could possibly get the start with so many missing.

Is there anyone to watch out for on the Meath team as in up and coming?

Is this fuzzman ?

omagh_gael

Any thoughts on team for the weekend?

Morgan
HP McGeary
McNamee
Hampsey
McCann
Burns
Meyler
Colm C
P McNulty
K McGeary
Sludden
McShane
RoN
McAliskey
M Donnelly

Options seriously limited in FF line, I'd be astonished to see Sludden starting but he has a great chance of getting game time. I'd say RoN will start with a quiet word in his ear to go out and prove himself after his display v Monaghan. I know it didn't really work out great last year but might we Mattie move into FF line and send more early, direct ball in?

Therealdonald

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

Morgan
HP McGeary
McNamee
Hampsey
McCann
Burns
Meyler
Colm C
P McNulty
K McGeary
Sludden
McShane
RoN
McAliskey
M Donnelly

Options seriously limited in FF line, I'd be astonished to see Sludden starting but he has a great chance of getting game time. I'd say RoN will start with a quiet word in his ear to go out and prove himself after his display v Monaghan. I know it didn't really work out great last year but might we Mattie move into FF line and send more early, direct ball in?

That'll probably be the team Omagh. With maybe 1 positions rejigged. Can't see Donnelly at full forward, take him out of our midfield area and we severely struggle to carry ball or dominate the area. When he struggles, we struggle. Still stand by earlier comments, our back line is to porous without the blanket and untill that changes Im afraid we won't challenge for honours.

macdanger2

Good but sad documentary (Tocht na Máthar) about Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, largely made up of interviews with the McAnallen family.

I guess at least there have been a good few lives saved as a result of the Cormac McAnallen Foundation and others providing defibrillators.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

Morgan
HP McGeary
McNamee
Hampsey
McCann
Burns
Meyler
Colm C
P McNulty
K McGeary
Sludden
McShane
RoN
McAliskey
M Donnelly

I'd say that team won't be far away. Mckernan might be close to starting at corner back ahead of McGeary. McNulty and Ronan O'Neill both with plenty to prove if start. You couldn't rule out conal McCann based on previous selections but he'd be seriously lucky to start based on current year performances.

thejuice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=
Meath vs Tyrone 2012 minor qtr final

A few familiar names in that video. A couple of lads that will be playing this weekend like McEntee, O'Sullivan and McEntee senior on the line, as well as notable absentees like Harnan. Adam Flanagan will be on the bench on Saturday but looked the part at Minor.

At the very least these lads have experience of beating Tyrone at some level, might count for something.

Many of the current Tyrone team there?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Was just watching the 2007 quarter-final.
Look at the amount of space the players had to play in back then.
Bring back the blanket defense, all is forgiven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9HshcL_wc
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Bearded One

There are 6 players involved in the panel from that 2012 squad, 7 if you now include Ruairi Sludden. The most obvious players are Padraig Hampsey, Rory Brennan and Kieran McGeary...you'd expect all 3 to feature on Saturday in some shape or form.
It is what it is. Presumably.

barelegs

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 06, 2018, 11:25:00 PM
YT link there only takes you to their home page juice.
Presumably this is the clip in question? - https://youtu.be/DMgl0MlgB3c

Remember being in Newry that night. There were a right few of that Tyrone team won the All Ireland U21 in 2012. From memory Mark Bradley and Sean Hackett were excellent that whole year. There's a 30 for 30 in there somewhere. Without looking too closely Bradley, Kieran McGeary, Padraig Hampsey, Rory Brennan and Michael Cassidy are in the senior squad now. Probably more

The Bearded One

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 06, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
There are 6 players involved in the panel from that 2012 squad, 7 if you now include Ruairi Sludden. The most obvious players are Padraig Hampsey, Rory Brennan and Kieran McGeary...you'd expect all 3 to feature on Saturday in some shape or form.

*Mark Bradley is out with injury

Michael Cassidy and Ciaran McLaughlin not making the cut.
It is what it is. Presumably.

WT4E

Quote from: barelegs on June 06, 2018, 11:33:32 PM

Remember being in Newry that night. There were a right few of that Tyrone team won the All Ireland U21 in 2012. From memory Mark Bradley and Sean Hackett were excellent that whole year. There's a 30 for 30 in there somewhere. Without looking too closely Bradley, Kieran McGeary, Padraig Hampsey, Rory Brennan and Michael Cassidy are in the senior squad now. Probably more

Was ruairi sludden in there too? What a game bradkey had that day. Hackett was a waste of talent wonder would he have made it had the awful incident nit happened?

In hiding

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 06, 2018, 11:35:35 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 06, 2018, 11:31:09 PM

*Mark Bradley is out with injury

Michael Cassidy and Ciaran McLaughlin not making the cut.

Ciaran Mc Laughlin is injured. Has been for about 2 months

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on June 06, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
Quote from: barelegs on June 06, 2018, 11:33:32 PM

Was ruairi sludden in there too? What a game bradkey had that day. Hackett was a waste of talent wonder would he have made it had the awful incident nit happened?

By all accounts he was destined for big things yes.