Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Applesisapples

Andy Walker fair hit the nail on the head last night, i'll paraphrase. But basically he said that there are Celtic fans paying season ticket prices to see top players, that is not what they were getting last night. These same fanfare sitting at home in the pandemic, many haven't seen loved ones for months throw shielding etc... but the arrogance of this Celtic management thought it was ok to go to Dubai and saw nothing wrong in the images that followed. That is it in a nutshell Mr Desmond and Mr Lawell are facilitating this f**k you culture. I had argued on here that Lennon out of respect should be allowed to leave on his own terms. He has lost that right with this trip and the ensuing debacle of self isolation. That young team did well last night in the circumstances and Hazzard's flap at the end was unfortunate but indicative of the season. I don't know enough of the ins and outs of Lawell's and Desmond's roles to say that Celtic would be better off without them. The question would be how do you replace them and with who, there can't be too many billionaires out there with a soft spot for Celtic and that's what you'd need I guess. No doubt some one here will tell me how I'm wrong. In any case the league is gone and they need to look to next year. Oh and for all those fans putting the boot into Sturgeon, she is 100% right this club needs to set an example.

JimStynes

What does Dermot Desmond do? He's not exactly throwing millions of pounds in for the managers to sign big names and he's not breaking the bank to secure a top manager.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 12, 2021, 11:01:26 AM
What does Dermot Desmond do? He's not exactly throwing millions of pounds in for the managers to sign big names and he's not breaking the bank to secure a top manager.

Desmond bought Celtic as an investment. He has no will to put money into the club. His reason for buying Celtic was he thought they would come down south to the EPL in time and the value of the club would increase 10x. That's not going to happen now.

The whole club needs an overhaul, we need investors who want what's best for the club not who want to sit on a long term investment, a chief executive who will be judged on how far he can advance the club, not how much money he can make for himself, a manager who is ambitious and wants to bring the club on, not a yes man who is fully aware he's only in the job because he will follow orders.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on January 12, 2021, 11:01:26 AM

Would you throw good money after bad?

JimStynes

Rangers are skint and have still invested more than Celtic ffs.

There's going to need to be a big change of personnel next year as well. The money we thought we would get for Ajer, Eddie etc won't be the case now.  10+ for Christie and Ntcham isn't going to happen. Young dembele going for free? The cost of a new manager. No champions league money either. f**king disaster. Complete Laughing stock at the minute.

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on January 12, 2021, 11:08:46 AM

Loads of examples of them trying to save a few quid on players e.g. Mc Ginn and Toney etc.  Trying to screw regional clubs over a few quid...and then losing out.

Lawell's whole premise was to get Celtic to the Champions Lge. group stages every couple of years...without spending any cash.  They got lucky a few years and kept going with this process - even to the point of doing the same with the Europa Lge group stages more recently.

This is not to say that Celtic should be spending £10 m on two or three players every summer.  Invest wisely and get to the group stages of the Champions League on an annual basis - this is not beyond Celtic if properly run.

As an aside, one thing they must sort out is their transfer policy - who is do the recruitment work? Have they someone in place?

You'd think that someone could do this job.  Start building a profile on players in Europe etc. and keep adding to it.  In Scotland, it's be easy - everyone knew that Turnbull was going to go places as he always stood out.

Some of the players Celtic have bought recently have been absolutely brutal. Spending £5 m on Ajeti and he's not even starting - wtf?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on January 12, 2021, 12:37:47 PM

Loads of examples of them trying to save a few quid on players e.g. Mc Ginn and Toney etc.  Trying to screw regional clubs over a few quid...and then losing out.

Lawell's whole premise was to get Celtic to the Champions Lge. group stages every couple of years...without spending any cash.  They got lucky a few years and kept going with this process - even to the point of doing the same with the Europa Lge group stages more recently.

This is not to say that Celtic should be spending £10 m on two or three players every summer.  Invest wisely and get to the group stages of the Champions League on an annual basis - this is not beyond Celtic if properly run.

As an aside, one thing they must sort out is their transfer policy - who is do the recruitment work? Have they someone in place?

You'd think that someone could do this job.  Start building a profile on players in Europe etc. and keep adding to it.  In Scotland, it's be easy - everyone knew that Turnbull was going to go places as he always stood out.

Some of the players Celtic have bought recently have been absolutely brutal. Spending £5 m on Ajeti and he's not even starting - wtf?

It's a two fold problem.

Problem A: Lawwell and his vision to profit himself and his boardroom colleagues by running down the playing side

Problem B: Which is a direct consequence of Problem A. A manager who is completely out of his depth, we've had Soro and Turnbull rotting on the bench for the first few months of the season while illdecide defended Lennon consistently picking a past it Scott Brown. I'd disagree with people who think the squad needs a clearout. I think we have a talented squad under an absolutely shambolic management team who are so out of their depth it's not funny.

The best way I can compare and contrast Lennon and Rodgers.

Rodgers gave opportunities to players, we bought a few duds under his watch but we all saw them get their opportunities. We saw Jack Hendry, Kouassi, Morgan, Gamboa all were not good enough for Celtic but Rodgers gave them their chance to prove it.

We have seen in contrast how Lennon left all these new players like Bayo, Shved, Soro, Klimala etc all rotting on the bench for months without giving them a chance. It's unbelievable when you have seen how well Soro and Turnbull have done since coming into the side that they weren't afforded an opportunity when you consider the form of those ahead of them.

The standards have gone back so far under Lennon since he came into the job. Look at the form of the likes of Christie, McGregor, Rogic, Forrest etc  and how far they have regressed at footballers under Lennon.

Lennon actually doesn't know what he's at, it's obvious when you hear comments from players who played under him. He just lets the players at it, he's a lazy manager who does not want to put the effort and focus into improving players individually, working on shape, tactics, set plays on the training ground, bringing in a backroom team with appropriate knowledge, improving the standards at the club in fitness, diet, lifestyle, recovery etc, on researching the opposition and briefing his team on what to expect.

We have an amateur management team for by far and away the most talented group of players in the Scottish League.

MoChara

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 12:50:27 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 12, 2021, 12:37:47 PM

It's a two fold problem.

Problem A: Lawwell and his vision to profit himself and his boardroom colleagues by running down the playing side

Problem B: Which is a direct consequence of Problem A. A manager who is completely out of his depth, we've had Soro and Turnbull rotting on the bench for the first few months of the season while illdecide defended Lennon consistently picking a past it Scott Brown. I'd disagree with people who think the squad needs a clearout. I think we have a talented squad under an absolutely shambolic management team who are so out of their depth it's not funny.

The best way I can compare and contrast Lennon and Rodgers.

Rodgers gave opportunities to players, we bought a few duds under his watch but we all saw them get their opportunities. We saw Jack Hendry, Kouassi, Morgan, Gamboa all were not good enough for Celtic but Rodgers gave them their chance to prove it.

We have seen in contrast how Lennon left all these new players like Bayo, Shved, Soro, Klimala etc all rotting on the bench for months without giving them a chance. It's unbelievable when you have seen how well Soro and Turnbull have done since coming into the side that they weren't afforded an opportunity when you consider the form of those ahead of them.

The standards have gone back so far under Lennon since he came into the job. Look at the form of the likes of Christie, McGregor, Rogic, Forrest etc  and how far they have regressed at footballers under Lennon.

Lennon actually doesn't know what he's at, it's obvious when you hear comments from players who played under him. He just lets the players at it, he's a lazy manager who does not want to put the effort and focus into improving players individually, working on shape, tactics, set plays on the training ground, bringing in a backroom team with appropriate knowledge, improving the standards at the club in fitness, diet, lifestyle, recovery etc, on researching the opposition and briefing his team on what to expect.

We have an amateur management team for by far and away the most talented group of players in the Scottish League.

Possibly harsh when we know Rodgers wasn't getting to pick his signings or at least prioritise signings, he definitely improved whatever he had though.

Look at the management Team Neil Lennon, John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan were they hired on basis of talent or who they were.

Angelo

Another dismal display.

Worst season I can remember at Celtic since the 90s. Even worse than the Mowbray season.

illdecide got his way, his boy got to keep his job and destroy Celtic's season. I hope he's very happy about how things are now.

JimStynes

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 04:30:23 PM
Another dismal display.

Worst season I can remember at Celtic since the 90s. Even worse than the Mowbray season.

illdecide got his way, his boy got to keep his job and destroy Celtic's season. I hope he's very happy about how things are now.

I think you're twisting things Angelo!

Angelo

Big round of applause for illdecide and the Armagh lads on here who dug in and defended Lennon when the dogs on the street knows he couldn't manage a pub team.

Well done lads, you destroyed history for Celtic to keep your unqualified, arrogant Lurgan man in a job.

Clap, clap, clap.

An Watcher

Surely now is the time to act otherwise next season will be lost as well. Give the new man the remainder of this season to prepare

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 04:58:12 PM
Big round of applause for illdecide and the Armagh lads on here who dug in and defended Lennon when the dogs on the street knows he couldn't manage a pub team.

Well done lads, you destroyed history for Celtic to keep your unqualified, arrogant Lurgan man in a job.

Clap, clap, clap.

Wum? Or serious?