Guilty Pleasures Thread

Started by Orangemac, January 10, 2012, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: real food, real people on January 13, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Is Carol Vorderman a guilty pleasure or is she fair game in the guilt free world?

What is there to be guilty about???

The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

Quote from: ziggysego on January 11, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on January 11, 2012, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 11, 2012, 01:34:38 PM
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time!  :-[

Matchbox twenty do a great cover.

As good as it is, it isn't a patch on Cyndi's.

IMO True colours,time after time were two of the best songs of the 80s from a strong New york accent she has a unique singing voice, Cyndi Lauper is one of the most underrated singer/songwriters.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 13, 2012, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: real food, real people on January 13, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Is Carol Vorderman a guilty pleasure or is she fair game in the guilt free world?

What is there to be guilty about???

Oh to be the filling in this particular sandwich :o

High Wide and Handsome

masterchef.

a good oul dressing gown
"Swing er over!"

Puckoon

HiMucker

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on January 13, 2012, 06:27:48 PM
masterchef.

a good oul dressing gown
That show is brilliant.  You could give your baldy boy a bowl of dog shit for dessert, he stick the big spoon in his mouth and say "Ohhhh, I could eat a whole bowl of that!"

omagh_gael

Olly

The 12th of July.

I'm from a staunchly republican and hibernian background. My grandfather used to cut James Connolly's hair around the back of a pub in Lesson Street and he was a rampant penpal to Wolfe Tone's nephew. However, at the Open University I had loyalist friends and I never revealed myself to them in terms of religion or sectarian bias. I first attended a 12th of July parade in Ballymena in 1994 and I have been hooked ever since. Last year I went to Dunfanaghy and we started drinking on the bus at 6am leaving the Docks. We made sure we urinated over the railings at any GAA ground or chapel and continuously sang awful songs about the Vatican's Pope, Celtic's John Lennon, Tony Blair, John Cleese, Gay Byrne, Colin Farrell and Jedward. The sense of camaraderie was untold and we were completely wrecked on the cider by the time we arrived back at the docks. To finish off we chased a few taigs around the short strand with bars and kicked the crap out of what we hoped was a fenian in a green tshirt. I do feel a bit guilty the next morning at Mass. You just don't get that sense of friendship on St Patrick's Day but I love it too.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

5 Sams

Is someone keeping a record of the stuff this madman writes...it will make a best seller sometime in the future!!
The Aristocrat Years

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 16, 2012, 03:00:53 PM
Is someone keeping a record of the stuff this madman writes...it will make a best seller sometime in the future!!

i'd say O'Neill is keeping a close eye on it!

saffron sam2

Quote from: ross4life on January 13, 2012, 05:33:12 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 11, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on January 11, 2012, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 11, 2012, 01:34:38 PM
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time!  :-[

Matchbox twenty do a great cover.

As good as it is, it isn't a patch on Cyndi's.

IMO True colours,time after time were two of the best songs of the 80s from a strong New york accent she has a unique singing voice, Cyndi Lauper is one of the most underrated singer/songwriters.

True Colours would be on my list as well - great for getting psyched up before a match.

You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

I would also admit to cricket, spreadsheets and Skittles.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

fitzroyalty

general_lee

:-X
Stephen Nolan (radio and tv)
(Irish) Country music
Kopperberg