Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2014, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: GJL on November 26, 2014, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2014, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: GJL on November 26, 2014, 02:26:11 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2014, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 21, 2014, 10:40:29 PM
Does anyone know if it is still possible to reregister a car in NI if it has English plates since the DVLA was moved from Coleraine to Swansea? If so how do I go about it?
bump.

If it is still on an English log book you post it off to Swansea with insurance MOT and appropriate tax fee and put in a note saying you want a new NI number issued.
Cheers, it is £0 tax so it sounds like it wont cost me anything. MrsMc doesn't like the 13 in the middle of it.

Is it still on the English book or have you registered it in your name?
I registered it in my own name when I bought it to get it taxed.

You might have missed your chance then I think.

GJL

Quote from: BenDover on November 26, 2014, 11:03:05 PM
GJL, I've a vectra c that is making a popping sound when accelerating up to 30mph or so. Sounds like it's coming from rear passenger side. If I touch the brakes, engage hand brake the popping stops. Car has been through MOT 3 weeks ago and was in garage last week but mechanic couldn't find anything out of place. Any ideas before I return it to garage? drive doesn't seem to be affected but nose beckoning a bit annoying.

Not sure but I would be looking at handbrake shoes.

bogball88

Gjl, I have a diesel o5 megane. Had to get new engine in it last week. Driving ok this week until today. No reverse gear when I try to select think it picks 3rd or 4th when attempting to do so. Also can't select 5th gear as gear stick won't go into that position at all. Could this be something easily remedied or am I looking major gearbox surgery? Could it be connected to new engine?

Denn Forever

Could be the linkages have fallen loose. bring it back  to the garage  that changed the engine.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

andoireabu

I had that problem in a golf once where the selector  didn't  turn enough with the gear stick. Bit of fidgeting with it and it was fine.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

GJL

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 27, 2014, 01:38:15 PM
Could be the linkages have fallen loose. bring it back  to the garage  that changed the engine.

This.

muppet

Quote from: BenDover on November 22, 2014, 11:14:24 PM
Similar to ringing someone for the cure for an ailment. Wife stuck a post on fb asking if anyone had the number. Got it and rang him. Conversion went along the lines of Hi I've lost a set of car keys and his reply was was I've a vision of an out building.

I'd be fairly sceptical of this stuff but I've pulled rooms apart with no joy so if they're in the shed I'll b amazed

I rang this man and told him a man I know had lost a large sum of money. When he asked for a name I just told him 'Quinn'.

He gave me great information and if it works and I find all the money, let's just say we will be having one hell of a Gadderin.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on November 27, 2014, 04:05:24 PM
Similar to ringing someone for the cure for an ailment. Wife stuck a post on fb asking if anyone had the number. Got it and rang him. Conversion went along the lines of Hi I've lost a set of car keys and his reply was was I've a vision of an out building.

I'd be fairly sceptical of this stuff but I've pulled rooms apart with no joy so if they're in the shed I'll b amazed

I rang this man and told him a man I know had lost a large sum of money. When he asked for a name I just told him 'Quinn'.
He gave me great information and if it works and I find all the money, let's just say we will be having one hell of a Gadderin.

Did he tell you to fly to Ukraine?

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on November 27, 2014, 04:10:07 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 27, 2014, 04:05:24 PM

Did he tell you to fly to Ukraine?

The details of the conversation are confidential. But I will invite you all to the Gadderin if he is right.
MWWSI 2017

bogball88

Quote from: GJL on November 27, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 27, 2014, 01:38:15 PM

This.
Big job?

Denn Forever

Shouldn't be if is just the linkage.  Quick look at it on the hoist will confirm.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

pullhard

Seen one of these today, alfa romeo brera. All i can say im glad its not payday. Stunning looking car.

Any views on these? What are they like to live with?

Agent Orange

Quote from: pullhard on November 27, 2014, 10:01:14 PM
Seen one of these today, alfa romeo brera. All i can say im glad its not payday. Stunning looking car.

Any views on these? What are they like to live with?

Don't just walk away, run and don't look back.

It will break, repeatedly. Its an Alfa, it's what they do.

GJL

I don't have a lot of experience of them but always heard they were a complete pile of scrap.

pullhard

Dam what a shame, very pretty car  :( thanks folks