Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel-smuggler

what are other posters predictions for this weekend's senior football championship mine are as follows:-

dromintee v st.michaels - dromintee
carrickcruppen v clann eireann - carrickcruppen
clan na gael v tir na nog - clan na gael
crossmaglen v armagh harps - crossmaglen
killeavey v granemore - killeavey
maghery v mullaghbawn - mullaghbawn

the fixtures committee are a shower of cute hoors with the venues, not one of the games this weekend is a double header meaning that anyone wishing to go to the three games on sunday will have to fork out 3 times at the different venues to gain admission!

Uladh

Championship fixtures in Armagh constantly sacrafice atmosphere and a sense of the championship occasion for gate receipts. I've gone regularly to derry for their great "championship weekends" with double headers providing great entertainment. on the same theme i wouldn't play smaller games at cross at all.  the newtown dromintee game on friday will be a tight physical affair. coming from two small areas, there'll not be a massive support with either team and it'll be lost in cross.thats a game that should have been fixed for the bridge cruppen or cullyhanna but sure you have to be nice to the right people.

For whoever thinks the maghery / mullaghbawn game will be entertaining, i'm sorry to disappoint you in advance. both teams will have 13 men behind the ball and it'll end up 9-8 or similar.

For what its worth:

dromintee v st.michaels - dromintee just
carrickcruppen v clann eireann - clann eireann
killeavey v granemore - killeavey just
maghery v mullaghbawn - draw

Ronan Quigley is refereeing a senior championship match?  :o

full back

As far as I know there is a double header at Abbey Park on Sunday. I think Cullyhanna & Sarsfield are playing at 2pm.

dromintee v st.michaels - dromintee
carrickcruppen v clann eireann - carrickcruppen
killeavey v granemore - killeavey
maghery v mullaghbawn - maghery

Tir na nÓg

Quotedid tir na nog only score 3 points last night in the minor championship?

Im not sure how our minor team done on monday but I couldn't see them only scoring 3 points

QuoteWhat sort of refeering would suit your Tir na nOg team this weekend, would you's prefer the rough stuff and the ref let most of it go or would it suit you's if the ref blew up for every we petty foul???

I suppose a ref who isnt going to blow up for every niggly foul would suit both teams, if the ref does blow up every niggly foul then it will ruin the game. What sort of ref is he??

Harold Disgracey

Ronan Quigley refereed the Tir na nOg Granemore match last year. He was piss poor then and will be again on Saturday night.

Uladh

There is now a prayer which can be recited to ward off the prospect of Quigley being appointed to referee your matches. i don't know the full text but it's along the line sof "lord save us and protect us from the idiosyncrasies and outright foolishness of the devil's official Ronan Quigley..."

pintsofguinness

why is it always the same grounds that get the championship games. cruppen cross ballymacnab harps.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

They allow the county to use their grounds to train on...

diesel-smuggler

you will find that cruppen dont have any championship matches!

Bainisteoir

Quote from: Uladh on May 30, 2007, 12:28:25 PM

There is now a prayer which can be recited to ward off the prospect of Quigley being appointed to referee your matches. i don't know the full text but it's along the line sof "lord save us and protect us from the idiosyncrasies and outright foolishness of the devil's official Ronan Quigley..."

Is he that bad? Who will he suit on sat nite?

diesel-smuggler

pints you should have a word with michael maillie he usually sorts out the venues for the championship games and i do recall over the past few years silverbridge hosting championship matches!

diesel-smuggler

quigley will suit tir na nog as he tends to have a habit of sending off players that would have been involved in current or ex-county panels.

he straight red-carded john toal recently for what im led to believe was a fairly innocent enough challenge.

Bainisteoir

Jesus thats a bit harsh, are you basing your theory on just john toal or have you other instances?

diesel-smuggler

he referreed three of our club games last year and red-carded 3 players for challenges that had been nothing more than yellow cards! two of those players has represented armagh at various levels.

pintsofguinness

i don't think the bridge had one last year. we've only had a few. the bridge played a championship game in cruppen last year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?