Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on January 06, 2011, 10:50:32 AM
How did Cross fair out against Queens last night in Taghnavan?

wasnt on illdecide u21 side trained up there

anportmorforjfc

Had a meeting last night to see what championship we would be playing in. According to a few of the committee the championship draws are on Wednesday.

charlie stubbs

Philip McEvoy Naomh Padraig, Droim an Tí

Vincent Martin Naomh Padraig, Droim an Tí

Kieran Toner Naomh Mhuire, An Gráinne Mór

Paul Duffy Na Piarsaigh Óga, Ard Mhacha

Kevin Dyas Naomh Padraig, Droim an Tí

Declan McKenna Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha

Joe Feeney Ropairí na Madán

Charlie Vernon Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha

Gareth O' Néill Naomh Padraig, Droim an Tí

Rory Grugan Na Cloigthithe, Baile Mhic an Aba

Micheal O'Rourke Naomh Padraig, Droim an Tí

Anto Duffy Na Piarsaigh Óga, Ard Mhacha

Gavin McParland Na Cloigthithe, Baile Mhic an Aba

Brian Mallon Tír na n-Óg, Port An Dúnáin

Colm Watters Na Gormacha, Baile Mhic Cullaigh

team for sun.johnny murtagh in the subs! :o

winsamsoon

At least that looks like an attacking team with a bit of pace in it. Where has murtagh been?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

new devil

Quote from: Family guy on January 06, 2011, 01:16:26 PM
I hear johnny murtagh is back to lead armagh back to the glory days,or should i say day lol

Haha the man can't make his club team and he gets called up too the county team...His uncle most be the trainer or something  :P

fitzroyalty

Bit of a joke if it's true to be honest. Isn't he the one that was over in NY? Heard he was playing well over there but still. We have a fella that has spent the best part of his playing career injured starting and another who hasn't even been in the country transferring back to his club and within a few weeks he's on the county team? I seem to remember a few pages back winsamsoon saying some fellas weren't getting a fair crack/were being over looked, well it would seem there is quite some merit in that argument.

new devil

He played well against the poor teams in the league but once Tyrone got to the play-offs he was no where to be seen..bit of a yellow streak in him to which would hardly help in county football...sad to see how far Armagh have went back this last few years when they have to call lads like this in

mackers

Has to be a wind up...........I'll believe it when I see it. Dunno about Joe Feeney at wing back.....
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: mackers on January 08, 2011, 11:04:23 AM
Has to be a wind up...........I'll believe it when I see it. Dunno about Joe Feeney at wing back.....
thought that myself.  was thinking about it last night, maybe try CV at chb, shift mckenna to the wing and move feeney to midfield.  he scored 11 points against us in the league last year and spent the majority of the time playing there. 

winsamsoon

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 08, 2011, 12:11:14 AM
Bit of a joke if it's true to be honest. Isn't he the one that was over in NY? Heard he was playing well over there but still. We have a fella that has spent the best part of his playing career injured starting and another who hasn't even been in the country transferring back to his club and within a few weeks he's on the county team? I seem to remember a few pages back winsamsoon saying some fellas weren't getting a fair crack/were being over looked, well it would seem there is quite some merit in that argument.

If true just another example of the sticking with the status quo and names of the past
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

All McKenna cup matches off today
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Has Billie Joe's transfer to Cruppen actually happened?  Read on another board that he has joined up and is training with Armagh squad, in the Irish News apparently.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
Has Billie Joe's transfer to Cruppen actually happened?  Read on another board that he has joined up and is training with Armagh squad, in the Irish News apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/9354333.stm

brokencrossbar1

I raised this question on orchardcounty.com.  Does he deserve his shout for the county in the McKenna any more or any less than John Murtagh given the fact that neither have been playing for their respective clubs in Armagh?

mackers

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 10, 2011, 01:32:21 PM
I raised this question on orchardcounty.com.  Does he deserve his shout for the county in the McKenna any more or any less than John Murtagh given the fact that neither have been playing for their respective clubs in Armagh?
I think it's a complete disgrace that John Murtagh has been called up to the panel. What is the point of lads being on this additional panel (elite/development or whatever it's called) if Murtagh can walk off a plane from NY and straight onto the panel.  See O'Rourke saying that he had been playing well in NY and they wanted to have a look at him. Utter rubbish!!
Since when did playing well in a NY championship get you on to an Armagh panel??
He was hardly a regular on the Cross team before he left. IMO he's been living off a good Ulster final performance against Mayobridge some years back for too long.
I'd have reservations about Padden too but Murtagh's inclusion smacks of uncle Donal pulling a few too many strings.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.