Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quotevery true!!! What a shitty way to break news like that to someone!! he was getting changed and kernan went in and "had a word" with him, next thing nippy was walking outta the grounds with his bag over his shoulder.... Any decent creature would have called the lad instead of that tripe???
I wouldnt be surprised...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Pardon the ignorance but who's nippy?

corn02

brokencrossbar1

Rufus, I know you're form and that was not really directed at you.  People on here know where my loyalties lie and I have made no bones about it, so people can say I am just sticking up for Joe, but things have been posted as fact by a few people without abcking them up or even knowing exactly what happened.  It is just as likely that things happened as the bandit posted, than as was posted by candyman.  The caveat I would state is the bandit is a Monaghan man who follows Armagh, Candyman is a Harps man who follows Armagh.  One may have a vested interest the other may not.

winsamsoon

He is a big bad one anyway there are far better players in the county than swift. Although in his favour he wasn't the worst on the team and IF that was the way he was dropped then Kernan needs to take a look at his man management skills. Before i get the harps rhetorc about how good he is, keep in mind what he has achieved????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

F.A.O BC1:

My source is a certain client who was in the changing rooms when it happened! cant get much more truthfull than that... ::)
Anyway its a bonus for Na Clairsigh!!!

harps2002champs

Quote from: Candyman on April 20, 2007, 09:34:08 AM
F.A.O BC1:

My source is a certain client who was in the changing rooms when it happened! cant get much more truthfull than that... ::)
Anyway its a bonus for Na Clairsigh!!!

correcto huge bonus for the the harps and for nippy himself, good to have him back playing every week

Over the Bar

I rang Joes office one day to enquire about the price of a site.  They said Joe would ring me back and he never did.   If this is the way he treats potential customers I can only guess how he treats fringe players!

ard mhaca abu

Quotecorrecto huge bonus for the the harps and for nippy himself, good to have him back playing every week

have to agree totally dont think nippy deserved to be dropped though i think playin football on a regular basis will make him a better player and definately a huge boast for the harps!

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 19, 2007, 11:26:24 PM
The caveat I would state is the bandit is a Monaghan man who follows Armagh

And ur a Cullyhanna man who follows Cross ;D

IMO Swift would be far better with a year of club football anyway. Is Micheal O'Rourke on the panel or not?

Armagh Exile

Micheal O'Rourke is on the panel.

brokencrossbar1

Figure it out, bandit.  Mother from Mullghbawn and all her brothers/nephews play/played for them.  I went to shool in Cyullyhanna.  I grew up with all my best friends being Bridge men.  I don't really know who I am ;)

In regards to Nippy I think the only ones who really know what happened are the parties involved.  I am not saying that he wasn't sent home from training, but who here knows for definite that he wasn't told before hand.  Nobody here knows the whole story.

It is probably better for him as a player though as playing football more regularly can only improve his ability.

Candyman

well if he was told before hand he'd some set of balls on him to turn up to train after bein told he wasn't part of the squad????
Anyway as I said, Na Clairsigh win all-round...END OF!!! :D

Smokin Joe

BC, I don't expect you to answer this question for obvious reasons, but surely even you can see that by Joe keeping Stephen on the panel whilst dropping other fringe players can only increase the allegations made by our Dromintee posters (for example) that Joe doesn't treat everyone on their merits.

We all know the poor game that SK had at CHF during the 1st half v Fermanagh (last year??) and the fact that he isn't a regular starter for his club yet still merits a place on the county panel starts to stretch the bounds of credibility IMO.

OK, in his defence our half forward line is our weakest and we may have enough midfielders in our panel to justify dropping Nippy, but ....................

Rufus T Firefly

I have to say, the thought of Nippy making the long walk out the gates at Pentonville, with the bag over his shoulder as the squad trains, would annoy me. 

Either way though, this is good news for the Harps and I believe in the long term good news for Nippy. Nippy has the potential for County football - hopefully he will go away more determined to prove that.