Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddybadoo

Cross won the U-21 championship.  20 pts to 10 I think was the final score.

el_cuervo_fc

Is Benny O'Kane the new Harps manager?

winsamsoon

Is this o'Kane lad not a headcase
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

john mcgill

Winsamsoon It might be the brother that you are thinking of

thewanderer

No its benny ok. Big row in the camp as the previous managers dynes, grimley with help from john morrison where rejected as the incoming management team. Benny was with armagh last year as coach but u know the feedback there!! Surprised the harps didnt want to retain the men who pulled them out of a hole at the end the season. Big fallout from some members over the appointment. interestingly i heard of 2 other men who were approached, one a former manager who rejected the approach. ps it wasnt nuddie

el_cuervo_fc

It's a big kick in the teeth for Dynsey and Grimley after the great salvation job they done in the wake of the mess that Nuddie left the place in. 

judas1

Quote from: thewanderer on November 23, 2009, 11:50:12 AM
No its benny ok. Big row in the camp as the previous managers dynes, grimley with help from john morrison where rejected as the incoming management team. Benny was with armagh last year as coach but u know the feedback there!! Surprised the harps didnt want to retain the men who pulled them out of a hole at the end the season. Big fallout from some members over the appointment. interestingly i heard of 2 other men who were approached, one a former manager who rejected the approach. ps it wasnt nuddie
you must be in the know wanderer ???

thewanderer

ur man got in then Judas, ps im always in the know  ;)

davo

totally shocked that dynes and grimley were not given that job. thought they done well last year. did they apply for the post? any reasons why they were not given it? very strange

the scenic route

Anyone at the u21 final offer a bit of a report on it.
Cross must have been all over them would i be right in saying I heard there was 15 in it at one stage.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

thewanderer

Think it was to be expected, this cross team was the minor champs from 2006 when they beat the ogs in the final. Cross had to get a title this year or they would have been very disappointed. County Dinner this Friday night, Pearse Ogs got club of the year and Clarkie Div1 player of the year. Does anyone else know the other divisional player of the years?

brokencrossbar1

If Cross didn't win the U 21'sthis year it would have been the first year since 1991 I think that there wasn't either a minor, U 21, B or senior title in Cross.  At least there is a small bit of hope for the future and maybe we can crawl our way back to the top :P

thewanderer

Get off your knees brokencrossbar ;)

yellowcard

O'Rourke not expecting further retirements

New Armagh manager Paddy O'Rourke is confident that the Orchard County won't suffer any further retirements ahead of the new season.

Aidan O'Rourke announced his inter-county retirement in September, following in the footsteps of Paul McGrane and Francie Bellew who bowed out on the eve of last summer's championship.

There had been speculation that Enda McNulty, Paul Hearty and even Steven McDonnell were considering their futures, but O'Rourke expects them to be available for selection in 2010.

"Nobody other than Aidan has decided to retire, it's just him," the Down man said.

O'Rourke is expected to be without injured team captain Kieran McKeever as well as Martin O'Rourke and Stephen Kernan for the McKenna Cup campaign in January.

Can anyone clarify the 35 man panel named recently? I've heard a few names that were dropped but wouldn't like to speculate until I have heard it confirmed from a reliable source.

winsamsoon

Enda Mc Nulty needs to go and make way for the younger fitter lads that undoubtedly exist in the county he is taking the place of a lad with potential and should really be told if he hasn't got the gaul to go himself. Why does new managers come into county squads and keep loyalty with guys like this. For the life of me i cannot understand it. If Armagh are to move forward they have to have someone at the helm that is ruthless.

Steven Mc Donnell needs to train very hard for at least two months, from what i seen of him last year he had lost a lot of pace and in some games looked very uninterestested. Whether it was fitness or he just knew the team wasn't going to go very far and wasn't too concerned (if so this was stinking attitude) I am willing to give Mc Donnell a chance though as i believe the potential is still there, A big year for Armagh this year lads and we certainly can't afford to carry any passengers. I don't expect to win anything but a good backbone of young lads should be brought in and worked with imo
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.