Sunday 3 June

IFC – 1st Round
St Patrick's v Sarsfields (2.00) at Abbey Park

SFC – 1st Round
Maghery v Mullaghbawn (3.45) at Abbey Park
Granemore v Killeavey (8.00) at Whitecross

laughinpaddy

Laughin Paddy
Wasn't at the match myself Six Inch Nail but from all accounts it was a disgrace.  You mentioned that the County board is a gutless shower of shites, i couldn't agree more, but from my point of view these two teams involved were never going to recieve meaning ful suspensions, -without sounding anti-south armagh- due to the fact that the large proportion of the county board who hold high officialdom are from south armagh.  imo if the two teams involved had of been mid or north armagh teams the suspensions would have been more severe.

I've just moved that off the Louth V Armagh thread because someone will be giving out  ::)

anyways, paddy you're talking there like two teams needed punished.  No harm to you but you've obviously no idea what went on that day. Silverbridge 6 points up with 4 minutes to play, would you tell me why we'd want to fight? FFS we're not even a physical team, never mind a dirty one.  The Bridge received correspondence from the county board about 4 weeks after the row stating that we couldn't expect any punishment because our boys didn't do anything. 

There was a while after the game it was rumoured nothing would be done because officials said they couldn't pin point the culprits (I still don't know if that was true or not).  I'd great hope when I heard reports went in and what I heard was in them.   Mal Mackin was reported to have struck 9 times.  Maybe he got off so lightly because he was ringing players apologising and crying that he was "sent out to do it". :D You have to laugh! What gets me is that I didn't notice Mal in the main row nor did I notice him doing anything (though I heard later he was stuck in it). However...Cormac McEvoy, who I think would have played with UUJ with Mackin?? and a fella who I've never seen lift his fists, on or off a football field, got caught up in the main row and had the blood pumping out of his face, the manager stripped off his shirt to stop it and as Cormac was kneeling down along the fence with Fitzpatrick's shirt to his face he was attacked by that thug casey and almost pushed through the wire of the stand. It was after this that big brave mal plucked up enough courage to run around the field after McEvoy throwing thumps at him. 

Ciaran McKeever, who was left injured 2 minutes into the first game when he ran 20 yards to clatter into the back of one of the lightest and youngest players on the field, was reported to have been contantly on the field, with his crutches, and refused to move for any offical or the referee.  He was then reported to have went to the intermediate final and threaten the officals who put in the reports about the game, he told them what he'd do with them if he ever seen them in Cullyhanna and so on.  This is the new Geezer? Don't make me f**king laugh. 
All of St. Pat's players, apart from young Reel that plays in the middle of the field and their keeper was reported for fighting. Not one of our players was reported, what does that tell you paddy?

Pure calculated thuggery went on that day and anyone who was there will tell you the same.
Just what I saw was...
Damien McCann jumped by 3 players and beaten on the ground
Cormac McEvoy being attacked 3 times.
Daniel McKenna, part of the management, attacked as he was helping McEvoy.
Ryan Hamill decked.
Brendan Bellew decked.
St. Pat's manager running in on the blind side of Liam Campbell, hitting him a thump and running to the ref.
Barry Campbell left with bite marks on his chest and fingers.
Nicolas Traynor headbutted - he'd to receive stitches.
Anthony Malley - going to the aid of Traynor, knocked to the ground and receiving several kicks to the face until Jimmy McKee dives in to protect him, rushed to the hospital. 

I've seen many brawls at games and players losing tempers, players being decked and so on but this was not like any of that and they've basically got off without punishment.  Even look at the high profile brawls there was last year and all the fuss that was raised over any of them, not one of them even came close to being as bad as what went on that day. 
[/quote]
Sorry pints
I apologise for my ignorance to not knowing the full facts.  After reading your post it seems like a scene out of a movie.  I can't believe McKeever threatened the officials thats a very serious action and should be rightfully suspended, from club and county we don't need thugs like that tarnishing are name on the county scene!  I hope that this is dealt with properly by the county board, and if not it should be brought to a higher athourity this type of thuggery has no place in gaelic football.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

tyrone-r-shite

Anybody got a report on the Nab game please?

Six Inch Nail

Thats my point Laughinpaddy, the issue is deemed to have been dealt with.  Suspensions ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months (for two braves who thought biting belonged on a football field).  One of those individuals was sent off and his six months are almost up.  The other wasn't sent off and was fit play the rest of the season, his suspension will be up in May, 1 month into the new season.  The rest of them (7 more in total as I understand), were suspended but served no suspension as it was during the close season, only one player was sent off so the rest were fit to play on until the end of the season.

Malachy Mackin, after hitting Cormac McEvoy actually chased a 10 stone 17 year old up the field to get a thump at him - very brave!  It also seems that the threat by McKeever worked a treat!

Bottom line, the county board don't have the balls to take a stance against this and we are all therefore allowed to kick the living shite out of each other on a weekly basis.

On another issue, thats a pity that Ballymacnab were beaten.  They seem like a civil bunch of lads, we played them 3 times last year and they were 3 good flowing games with no issues.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

pintsofguinness

QuoteI can't believe McKeever threatened the officials thats a very serious action and should be rightfully suspended, from club and county we don't need thugs like that tarnishing are name on the county scene!  I hope that this is dealt with properly by the county board, and if not it should be brought to a higher athourity this type of thuggery has no place in gaelic football.
I don't think Ciaran McKeever got anything, six inch nail?

If it was up to me neither him nor Mal mackin would ever wear a county jersey again, and they'll never have my support, orange jersey or not. 

After the reports went in there was talk that they were sending it on to the Ulster council, but they didn't. I also know that one of the officals at the game said later that if it was up to him the club would receive a 3 year ban and the senior team a 5 year ban, some chance. I could live with the suspensions if they were banned from the chamionship this year, but they're not.   The case is dealt with paddy, that's it, it's over. They'll be great craic at our games this year  ::)

On another issue, thats a pity that Ballymacnab were beaten.  They seem like a civil bunch of lads, we played them 3 times last year and they were 3 good flowing games with no issues.
Here here, genuinely sorry to see them beat myself.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Six Inch Nail

Pints, I could be wrong about McKeever, I thought he received a token suspension.  I agree with you that neither him or Mackin will be getting my support either.

I thought that a few more people on the board might have an opinion on this, but is seems that the county boards tactic of delaying and therefore diluting everyones opinion seems to have worked nicely!  Even on this board.  Shameful!!  O to have a couple of county players and achieve the status of Cullyhanna - above the rules.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints, I could be wrong about McKeever, I thought he received a token suspension.  I agree with you that neither him or Mackin will be getting my support either.
I didn't hear his name mentioned so I assumed he hadn't, maybe he did.
I don't think anyone on the board was at the game, I remember at the time it was only "A boy from county armagh" that was at it, as a neutral, but I think we lost him in the move to the new board. 

Six Inch Nail

End of story then, isn't it Pints!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on February 15, 2007, 09:33:51 PM
End of story then, isn't it Pints!
It is but f**k them.  That day did that team more good than harm. We get the same results against them this year, we'll still be the ones laughing 

corn02

The County board not having the balls? Now there is a surprise.

I know a few of the Bridge lads, held their dignity thorughout the brawl by all accounts.

Spiritof98

Anyone at the hurling yesterday in Keady, a 1 point defeat to Carlow, tough to take, but a creditable result, Who was top scorers/performers etc.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

I see the draw for the first 3 games of the leagues have been made.
Anyone have all the fixtures?

bennydorano

Harps 1st 3 are:

Home v Mullaghbawn
Away v Clans
Away v Cross

Nice easy start.

tackle

bennydorano

Club Secretary pinned up the fixtures in the club.