Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughinpaddy

Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2007, 03:43:29 PM
Why have most of the Armagh teams pulled out of the Ulster league? i thought it would be better than pre-season. Spirit you need to have a word with that fella of yours, whats he playing at buying rings and all that shit!!
what teams have pulled out? I've only heard that Silverbridge has pulled out. Have these teams been replaced by any other clubs?
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Travis T O Justice

Sorry to go off the slant here but I got castigated for daring to open 'another Armagh Thread' which has slowly degraded into shite. Anyone know where the Armagh Kildare game is being played on Sunday?
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

illdecide

Quote from: laughinpaddy on January 29, 2007, 04:01:31 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2007, 03:43:29 PM
Why have most of the Armagh teams pulled out of the Ulster league? i thought it would be better than pre-season. Spirit you need to have a word with that fella of yours, whats he playing at buying rings and all that shit!!
what teams have pulled out? I've only heard that Silverbridge has pulled out. Have these teams been replaced by any other clubs?

Last page back lads have said Silverbridge, St Micks and the Ogs have pulled the pin.

I'm not sure where the match is on Sunday but Kildare usually play in Newbridge
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

holylandsniper

Following a few gd displays in and around the middle, i reckon Loughran is under big pressure to get his place, despite starting his county career well his performances have dipped alot and must be worried. 
Also Mackin is a hard player to judge, though i reckon he isnt championship material, as seen yesterday his kicking/passing is poor, though he does work hard; def not a half forward!

laughinpaddy

IMO young o' rourke looked out of his depth yestarday.  maybe one for the future,  as for Mackin never really rated him as county material but certianly good enough for his club.

laughinpaddy

your right jap.. i mean Ben lets hope not!

holylandsniper

Quoteyoung o' rourke looked out of his depth yestarday
Yeh possibly, but there was alot worse than him, like 2 of the latter subs- as my previous post said a average div 2 player, and somehow have mady county team, and if they are backbone of u21s, cant see them doing well, though i hope not
O rourke seemed to be doing alot rite apaprt from finishing, doesnt seem to hav the power to put them over the bar though surely that can be worked on

laughinpaddy

Quote from: holylandsniper on January 29, 2007, 05:10:20 PM
Quoteyoung o' rourke looked out of his depth yestarday
Yeh possibly, but there was alot worse than him, like 2 of the latter subs- as my previous post said a average div 2 player, and somehow have mady county team, and if they are backbone of u21s, cant see them doing well, though i hope not
O rourke seemed to be doing alot rite apaprt from finishing, doesnt seem to hav the power to put them over the bar though surely that can be worked on
A good player but possibly to light to make an impact yet, although as i've already stated definitely one for the future

The Iceman

if only some of the taller and heavier players were as hard working or as hungry as this lad! He worked his ass off against Monaghan - wasn't as bust against Donegal but still worked hard.  Get the creatine and protein into him! Beef him up! I'm sure somebody can get their hands on a few growth hormones? LOL
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stoke the boilers!

Are the players who represented their universities already on the Armagh panel? Or are they liable to be cut along with some of the new faces? Watched Queens and UUJ both playing this year and was not overly impressed with Armagh lads on show -thought some of the new faces playing for Armagh looked better prospects.

David McKeown

I would imagine they wouldnt be back till after the seigerson which would make this weeks game against Kildare very difficult.  I might be wrong mind
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

holylandsniper

QUB and UUJ have a total as far as i know of 3 armagh players 2 of which are already on panel.
St Marys have 3 1 of which is on panel.. who wasnt impressive?

laughinpaddy

I think these players will keep their places, however if push comes to shove then a lot will depend on how they play for their respective Uni's in the Sigerson,  the younger lads who played so well in the McKenna Cup may be over looked largely due to experience, but lets hope they get a fair crack at it.

Candyman

probably sick of hearing this question but any idea of when the championship draw is??

harps2002champs

Tonight at the county board meeting