Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteThe South B Championship was won by St.Pats tonight i was at it, cracking game some very hard hits throughout ended with St.Pats winning by 5 or 6 points.
Also heard at the game that the U16 Championship Final Crossmaglen v Silverbridge has now changed venue and is in Newtownhamilton at 7.15.

Superb result and a great second half display. Cross probably kicked themselves out of it in the first half. They were well on top but hit a lot of wides and were only a point up at half time. Brilliant second half from Cullyhanna and Robbie Tasker's was pure quality. That was  the crucial score as it put Cullyhanna 4 up with 10 minutes remaining. That was only the second B game I've seen this year but they seem stronger on paper than last year's side so maybe they can go one better and win the county final. Likely to lose a couple of players who will be involved with the seniors in the intermediate championship.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rubberneck

Just heard U16 Championship tonight was won well by Crossmaglen against Silverbridge and  the U16 Shield was won by St.Patricks against Killeavey apparently this one was the best of the 2 games on tonight very little in it right to the end.

Sad news that Mickey Cole referee from An Riocht passed away on the field of play tonight, deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

New Fixture's for Minor Football League  ( just into clubs yesterday)
Div 2
Crossmaglen and Dromintee are playing on the 7/7/2008 and the loser will join this league

Rd 1    7/7/2008
Cross/Dtee v Cullaville (this will not be plated on this date)
Corrinshigo v St.Bridgets
Forkhill v S.O'Neills
Silverbridge v  Mullabawn 

Rd 2   14/7/2008
Silverbridge v Cross/Dtee
Cullaville v Corrinshigo
St.Bridgets v Forkhill
S.O'Neills v Mullabawn

Rd 3  21/7/2008
Forkhill v Cullaville
Corrinshigo v Cross/Dtee
Mullabawn v St.Bridgets
S.O'Neills v Silverbridge

Rd 4   28/7/2008
Cullaville v Mullabawn
Forkhill v Cross/Dtee
Silverbridge v Corrinshigo
St.Bridgets v S.O'Neills

Rd 5   4/8/2008
S.O'Neills v Cullaville
Mullabawn v Cross/Dtee
Forkhill v Corrinshigo
St.Bridgets v Silverbridge

Rd6   11/8/2008
Cullaville v St.Bridgets
Cross/Dtee v S.O'Neills
Corrinshigo v Mullabawn
Silverbridge v Forkhill

Rd 7   14/8/2008
Silverbridge v Cullaville
St.Bridgets v Cross/Dtee
S.O'Neills v Corrinshigo
Mullabawn v Forkhill

Top 4 Semi-final  18/8/2008
Final                     25/8/2008
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

illdecide

Quote from: The GAA on July 03, 2008, 03:48:11 PM

I heard that the clans game was definitely still on tomorrow night? clans couldn't find an alternative date to play it so it will go ahead?

Dunno where you get you're sources but you may need to go back and check them as the game is def off, Fact. Unless you have another team to play this weekend you will have no game...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

Real1995

Wasn at it but heard that harps beat mullaghbawn by two points
Nice guys always finish second!

winsamsoon

Clans finished on four under i think. In the golf that was. No gaelic this week for us lads.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross beat St Pat's by 7 points. 2-12 to 0-11 or soemthing around that. Game was over within 10 minutes, Cross went 1-6 to 0-1 and there was no coming back from that. They kicked 2-10 in the first half, some of them absolutely superb scores. We were destroyed all over the pitch in the first 15 minutes and by the time we got into it, the game was over as a contest.

Good performance in the second half from Cullyhanna. Showed a bit of guts to get back into the game and were on top for most of the half although admittedly Rangers had probably taken their foot off the pedal. Eamon McArdle, Mal Mackin and Eugene Casey were probably our three best players.

Disappointing night but Cross have the capability to do that to most teams. Hard to see anybody stopping them this year. Without the county players they are way ahead and the gap only widens when their county men come back.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fcuksake

Ogs won by 5 points. I didnt get to Harps game tonight, but i heard that charlie vernon & holmes  played well. it was 2 points badly needed.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

bennydorano

Good win for Harps, think it ended up 2-7 to 0-11.  The return of our county players (and joe quigley1-1) made a big difference, Philly Mckinney lorded it at MF. Kevin Kelly got 1-3.   Tight game,  you felt we should have won by a lot more but made awful hard work of it.  Mullaghabawn have to be one of the most cynical teams in the league.

Hearty tried his best for Mullaghbawn as ref, and they had 2 cheating bastard umpires, one of whom was directly responsible for 3 of Mullaghbawn's points!!!!!   >:( >:(

Uladh

One of them was no doubt Brian McKinley. I've seen a lot of unscrupulous umpires in my time, especially when they think an argument might swing a point or wide in their favour, but Mullaghbawn take the biscuit, If there was anyonw with any regard at all for the image of their club they'd have stopped McKinley umpiring years ago.

nutsy--1

Good win for harps, county players were excellent is mark quinn still on the county panel??
next up at abbey culloville.

altovito

Quote from: Uladh on July 05, 2008, 11:38:30 AM

One of them was no doubt Brian McKinley. I've seen a lot of unscrupulous umpires in my time, especially when they think an argument might swing a point or wide in their favour, but Mullaghbawn take the biscuit, If there was anyonw with any regard at all for the image of their club they'd have stopped McKinley umpiring years ago.

ur rite bout him uladh.is as big cheat as thy cme.vry bad 4 the image of the club

back off the net

st pats played cross last night in cullyhanna it was a game off 2 halfs cross blitzed st pats in the first 15 min and thats what won the game.cullyhanna came back into it in the 2nd half to take it back to 6 points cross only scored 2 in the 2nd half.the only thing i was asking my self leaving the ground was why on earth was Mal mackin dropped from the county he ruled mid field hands down MC Kenna was no were near him.another player that caught my eye was Eugene Casey scored 7 points 3 from play very strong on the ball.both teams were under power cross still the team to beat in armagh but this cullyhanna side if they get all there players back will give cross a run for there money more so than any other team in armagh cause they stand up for one another and have guts

altovito

Quote from: back off the net on July 05, 2008, 01:37:18 PM
st pats played cross last night in cullyhanna it was a game off 2 halfs cross blitzed st pats in the first 15 min and thats what won the game.cullyhanna came back into it in the 2nd half to take it back to 6 points cross only scored 2 in the 2nd half.the only thing i was asking my self leaving the ground was why on earth was Mal mackin dropped from the county he ruled mid field hands down MC Kenna was no were near him.another player that caught my eye was Eugene Casey scored 7 points 3 from play very strong on the ball.both teams were under power cross still the team to beat in armagh but this cullyhanna side if they get all there players back will give cross a run for there money more so than any other team in armagh cause they stand up for one another and have guts

:-X

Yes I Would

Need to win the intermediate first though id imagine!