Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 27, 2008, 08:13:15 AM
Goats I don't know what age you are but I recall playing hamrocks when I was a minor, Ciaran Raff's team,and that was 15 years ago.  Do thy still amalgamate?

I'm 26. We played as Ballyhegan when I was U14, then stepped up to play as Shamrocks the following year. (Actually played U16 for Ballyhegan also!)

The big problem was the year your home games were in Maghery... running with your mouth firmly shut!!!!  :P

Amalgamation ended maybe 3 years ago & we moved back to the Mid Armagh board.

winsamsoon

Yeah goats you would  be about accurate on the issue of the shamrocks. I played against maghery at under age u-10 and 12 and maghery always challenged us for the league and championship. Then suddenly at under 14 level they amalgamated with Ballyhegan. So we now had a team that was already challenging for the leagues at u-10 and u-12 combining with another team at under 14 to make them even stronger. For the record they still never won th league but the difference was noticeable. We still had teams like St Paul's and St Peter's that were getting thumped by these amalgamated teams. I still stand by the fact that this was wrong and should not be allowed to happen.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

gaapunter

Quote from: loughshorelad on June 26, 2008, 09:39:54 PM
looks like u not very popular winsam,i wonder why that is and if you are so sure wee will be relegated,would you like to lose a few pound.you can call down to the club and i will gladly take whatever you want off you laeve it behind the bar and then let the boys have a drink on you when we stay up,or i will go to davitt park and leave it behind your bar till the end of the season.(if it wouldnt be stolen from behind the bar,which lets face it wouldnt be the first time) however if wee do go down wee can get a few tips from youre good self on div 2 as you have been there yourselfs not so long ago ;D ;D ;what is you say (mod3)

Listeni will have a £100 that maghery go down[Edited Mod3]

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 27, 2008, 10:32:45 AM
Yeah goats you would  be about accurate on the issue of the shamrocks. I played against maghery at under age u-10 and 12 and maghery always challenged us for the league and championship. Then suddenly at under 14 level they amalgamated with Ballyhegan. So we now had a team that was already challenging for the leagues at u-10 and u-12 combining with another team at under 14 to make them even stronger. For the record they still never won th league but the difference was noticeable. We still had teams like St Paul's and St Peter's that were getting thumped by these amalgamated teams. I still stand by the fact that this was wrong and should not be allowed to happen.

1 team being fielded is better than 0 teams being fielded!

IVEDECIDED

Ill have some of that Maghery action! Sure they wont be able to stay off their sisters long enough to win football matches!  ;D Hillbillies! ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteTacadoirArdMhacha, I take it you are refering to the turnstyles?

Na I meant that structure you pass through to get from the clubhouse to the pitch. Didn't realise Clans didn't own Davitt Park. Is the County Board that own it then?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Bit of a joke if i rememebr win telling us one day? They wont sell to the club or something?

IVEDECIDED

No they dont although they like to think they do. Davitt park was built by the people of Lurgan - for the people of Lurgan. Clan na Gael have it on a 999 year lease which basically means its theirs. They cant buy it outright cause it cant be bought.

Goats Do Shave

Ballyhegan v St Peter's (S McClatchey)

Looking forward to tonight's game, a warm up for the championship!

Big Sam was on the line on Wednesday night for the B final, one of the Ballyhegan lads tried to take a quick free, only for a Granemore lad to block the kick with his foot/leg.
The ref threw the ball up for some reason, someone in the crowd shouted "for fook sake!"

- The boul Sam replied, without a flinch "Learn the rules..." - Ha ha! class!

Found out the other night that Big Sam runs the referee courses & is involved in assessing the fitness tests! Class!!  :D

back off the net

cullyhanna have one off the best set ups in that 1st DIV

loughshorelad

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 27, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
Ill have some of that Maghery action! Sure they wont be able to stay off their sisters long enough to win football matches!  ;D Hillbillies! ;D
very good ivedecided very good indeed.did you think of that one all by yourself are did some1 help you..i didnt think you would have £100 to spare out of youre D.L.A money to lose on gambling but sure there isnt much else to do in lurgan i suppose..spade.

loughshorelad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 27, 2008, 08:13:15 AM
Goats I don't know what age you are but I recall playing hamrocks when I was a minor, Ciaran Raff's team,and that was 15 years ago.  Do thy still amalgamate?
maghery hadnt joined with the apple men when ra was minor it was a few years after that,but as goats rightly said it better fielding a team on youre own than joining up with other teams that not on the same level as youself as maghery have won more at underage level since the split than with it ;D ;D ;D

illdecide

Lads what are you all like "our pitch is better than yours" and "our drainage is better than yours" "we own our pitch and you don't" Jesus grow up and stop acting like teenagers, if you have nothing worth while to say then say f**k all.

As for being from Lurgan, well i know it's not the best of places to live in but don't tar everyone with the same brush we are not all part of the "Buckfast Brigade" and Lurgan is like every other town it has it's clampets and it's decent people. In fact i believe Maghery have a few clampets too. And don't dare associate that fool "IVEDECIDED" with Clan na Gael as he does not have a club, he just likes to destroy others and i'm sure if you ask him he'll tell you that there is always a bottle of Buckie or 2 in the boot of his car at any time...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rubberneck

williamsoon i take your points on board but for 2 things 1) this amalgamation has only 2 clubs lissummon and o'hanlons and is as far as im aware is the oldest amalgamation in the county at over 30 years 2) this was as far as im aware the 1st time ever that this club has ever competed at this level and got to a final and i've been around for a long time. i say fair play to them to take the right step and move up into the higher division and take their chances. Footballs all about a game off chance and on that i hope that Armagh take all there chances on sunday Good Luck to the guys ;D ;D
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

Real1995

Killeavey beat Mullaghbawn by 5 points...we were a bloody joke...tell u what if we dont get out act 2gether we are goin down..5 difficult lookin games left for us as well
Nice guys always finish second!