Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 31, 2007, 02:03:13 PM
There has been a few guys brought into the panel, Brian Mc Cone from Ballymacnab got a call up, Very good player, any opinions?
second that but not sure if he'd be county standard, deserves a shot though.

QuoteCrossmaglen Rangers manager Donal Murtagh has criticised the Armagh county board for allowing teams to concede walkovers against the reigning All-Ireland club champions.

Murtagh is annoyed that his team has been left very short of match practice heading into Sunday's Ulster club championship first round tie against Monaghan champions Clontibret. And he puts it down to teams not wanting to face the long-time Armagh kingpins in the league.

"We've been so far ahead of everyone in Armagh that in the league, teams won't play us," he said.

"We had a league game on June 30 and our next game wasn't until September 23. Teams are calling matches off willy nilly because they're just happy to give us the two points but the county board needs to take a look at it.

"We are starting to get paranoid about it at this stage. So far this year we've been given 10 points - that's five games - over the table which is unacceptable. We'd rather have the football."

Armagh secretary Patrick Og Nugent agreed with Murtagh that the situation is far from ideal but insisted there is little the county board can do.

"We agree that it's an unsatisfactory situation but we can't force teams to go out and play," he said.

It's funny they're so far ahead of everyone else that Cullaville beat them a few weeks ago  :-[
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Imposerous

Any word on the new call-ups or any from last year's panel who have not been asked.  Are the squad training yet or just at the meet n greet stage?

Aghdavoyle

aye, not to mention taking two points from us by telling lies at a county board meeting rather than refixing the game as agreed.

el_cuervo_fc

did cross not call off a league fixture during the year to go and play the Loup??

illdecide

Lads i was well pissed off this morning when reading the Irish News about the county's in Ulster that have these new floodlights installed. Cavan, Monaghan and Armagh are the only counties not to have them and when i think that we do not even have a ground we will prob (by the end of next year) be the only Ulster county without a ground and those new floodlights.

WTF is going on that we can't get our fingers out of our holes and get something sorted. Pick one ground in Armagh and get it up to capacity and standard and then get the lights, i know this is gonna take 4-5 years but we already have wasted about 6-7 years on the Pathetic grounds and it will never be able to hold a really big crowd for the championship.

I know we could argue for a week solid on which ground to develop but it def needs sorted and soon!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2007, 09:17:22 AM
Lads i was well pissed off this morning when reading the Irish News about the county's in Ulster that hace got those new floodlights installed. Cavan, Monaghan and Armagh are the only counties not to have them and when i think that we do not even have a ground we will prob (by the end of next year) be the only Ulster county without a ground and those new floodlights.

WTF is going on that we can't get our fingers out of our holes and get something sorted. Pick one ground in Armagh and get it up to capacity and standard and then get the lights, i know this is gonna take 4-5 years but we already have wasted about 6-7 years on the Pathetic grounds and it will never be able to hold a really big crowd for the championship.

I know we could argue for a week solid on which ground to develop but it def needs sorted and soon!!!

HERE HERE ILLDECIDE, COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, ITS A F*****G JOKE
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

seeheartalk

Anyone know how long it would take to get from Celtic Park to Clones?
Hoping to watch Whitecross v Newbridge in Intermediate Championship (Celtic Park at 12.45noon), which should be over by 2pm and bomb down the road to Clones to get the2nd half of Crossmaglen (throw-in 2.30pm). Route planner doesnt say where Celtic Park is, in relation to Derry.

illdecide

Quote from: seeheartalk on November 01, 2007, 12:10:33 PM
Anyone know how long it would take to get from Celtic Park to Clones?
Hoping to watch Whitecross v Newbridge in Intermediate Championship (Celtic Park at 12.45noon), which should be over by 2pm and bomb down the road to Clones to get the2nd half of Crossmaglen (throw-in 2.30pm). Route planner doesnt say where Celtic Park is, in relation to Derry.

No baw, you'll do it in about 1 1/2 hours and catch the champs no problem

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2007, 09:17:22 AM
Lads i was well pissed off this morning when reading the Irish News about the county's in Ulster that have these new floodlights installed. Cavan, Monaghan and Armagh are the only counties not to have them and when i think that we do not even have a ground we will prob (by the end of next year) be the only Ulster county without a ground and those new floodlights.

We're due to get the lights in before Christmas. At the present moment work is just finishing on the concreting of both ends of the ground, thus leaving three banks of terracing, i.e. at both ends and on the Drumarg side of the ground. The metal crash barriers are next on the agenda I would assume. My understanding is that the lights will be towards the end of the year and then that leaves the issue of the stand on the Ceannarus side of the ground. Given the determination that exists to ensure that lessons of yesteryear are not forgotten (i.e. major debt), then it is likely that the finance will have to be in place before work starts on this, the last piece of the jigsaw. How long that takes is anyone's guess. 

mackers

When will it be ready to hold a match, Rufus? I heard that the plan is to have next year's county final there, is that right?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rufus T Firefly

I would guess the timing on this could change Mackers, depending on unforeseen issues arising. The hope was to have National league matches at the ground next year, but given that we are not down for a home evening fixture, I'm not sure if that is still the plan. Again, from what I know, the plan was to play matches there prior to the stand being built.

gander

I think most of the McKenna cup matches will be under lights next year, would it be ready for that?

illdecide

The pitch is bound to be the best about becasue it was laid 3-4 years ago and no-one has played on it yet, so it's bound to be grade A shit. It will feel strange going back there to a game having been away for so long.

That was our old stomping ground we always had an excellent record there, here's hoping it returns. ;) :D

Onion Bag

Its one pitch i never liked, Either playing on it or being a spectator, The pitch itself has a big steep hill down towards the cathedral, very deceiving, and you have to be at the field about 2 hours before it starts in order to get parked, A Nightmare
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!