Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goh4205

or perhaps they smuggle more in Cross, than in the bridge, cullyhanna or forkhill etc

pintsofguinness

aye or it could have something to do with stealing players, annoying supporters, ruling the county board/referees. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Corn dry your eyes, once again you have reached a new intellegiance level calling people prats. What you seem to miss is  that it doesn't matter what stage you go out a you still went out you fool.  We still have our history to brag about and in some cases be arrogant. Your club has nothing because you have never won anything in your whole existance and you never will. So in the future it would be wise to keep your mouth shut until you have atually won something. This could take some time judging by what i saw last night.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Pint i know at times you do raise some valid points but i do detect a lot of jealousy towards cross on this board. Asking Goah where he is from ??? what has this got to do with anything??? He is entitiled to his opinion no matter what.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 26, 2007, 06:36:40 PM
Pint i know at times you do raise some valid points but i do detect a lot of jealousy towards cross on this board. Asking Goah where he is from ??? what has this got to do with anything??? He is entitiled to his opinion no matter what.
Where he was from was called into question because he claimed to be a neutral when any post he made suggested a strong bias towards Cross.

As for jealously...sure you still think people are jealous of clanns  ;D

Smokin Joe

TacadoirArdMhacha

Maghery V Ogs
Cross V Cruppin

U16 all county final ended a draw between St Pat's and Ballymacnab 5-6 to 2-15. Abosultely amazing game of football - most exciting I've been to in a long time. Ballymacnab looked like they had it won 2 or 3 times - 7 points up at one stage in the second half and 4 points up with a couple of minutes go. Brilliant come back from Cullyhanna.

Had to leave the intermediate final at half time - Culloville were 2-2 to 0-6 up at half time although Whitecross had most of the play. Poor enough affair I thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

armaghniac

Whitecross won, I think by a point. Might have been a draw, but probably a fair result.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

downtown

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 26, 2007, 06:33:35 PM
aye or it could have something to do with stealing players, annoying supporters, ruling the county board/referees. 

jesus they made sum slip up when they let C. Conlon move 2 sum team in Louth then!!!!  :D :D :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: downtown on August 26, 2007, 09:23:40 PM

jesus they made sum slip up when they let C. Conlon move 2 sum team in Louth then!!!!  :D :D :D
?
I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

David McKeown

Cheers Pints

Been the story of our season unfortunately, third game that but for dodgy refereeing we might have gotten something out of.  My two big problems with the ref were first he told our manager when the game was level that the 30 minutes were up and there would be two minutes injury time.  Three minutes later you guys get the go ahead point and then ref plays another 5 minutes, now one of your lads did go down time wasting in a similar fashion to some of ours but he was only down 30 seconds.  The other problem I had was with that final 50.  Ref comes over says its the last kick of the game then blows as its in mid air, what he expect our free taker to do, drill it to the net at the speed of sound?

Some of our lads were also upset that we had the ball twice in scoring areas and there were scuffles down the other end and he stopped play and hopped the ball twice yet when you guys had the free kick for the last score he booked two players and let yous take the kick.  Unfortunately I think letter of the law he was right there and yous guys just played him.

Apart from that you could argue you guys got the majority of the soft decisions second half but I think yous deserved it as we stopped playing the last 10 mins or last 2 plus injury time.  As I say had we been on the right side of the ref this year we would probably have beaten the Nab, Newtown and gotten something from today and that looks like it could cost us
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

david
QuoteBeen the story of our season unfortunately, third game that but for dodgy refereeing we might have gotten something out of.  My two big problems with the ref were first he told our manager when the game was level that the 30 minutes were up and there would be two minutes injury time.  Three minutes later you guys get the go ahead point and then ref plays another 5 minutes, now one of your lads did go down time wasting in a similar fashion to some of ours but he was only down 30 seconds.  The other problem I had was with that final 50.  Ref comes over says its the last kick of the game then blows as its in mid air, what he expect our free taker to do, drill it to the net at the speed of sound?
the final 50 was bizarre! I actually thought he was giving a free in or something!  Our lad wasn't even down for 30 seconds because he allowed the ball to be kicked out around him.  Where in the name of Jesus did he get 8 minutes from?  Did his watch stop?  We were sure it was over when we went that one point ahead and when we got it up there again we were actually shouting at the lads to just put it dead, I couldn't believe it when he kept playing and playing. 

Some of our lads were also upset that we had the ball twice in scoring areas and there were scuffles down the other end and he stopped play and hopped the ball twice yet when you guys had the free kick for the last score he booked two players and let yous take the kick.  Unfortunately I think letter of the law he was right there and yous guys just played him.
Nah, I'd love to say our boys would have the cuteness to do that but...no I think it was just unfortunate for yous.  It's one rule that really annoys me, why should the team with the ball be penalised?

In a majority of our games this year we've had to play the referee too so if it's any consolation we know exactly how you feel.#

Btw david, such a f**king field to find!  Yous have it well hid! 

goh4205

Quote from: downtown on August 26, 2007, 09:23:40 PM

See pints,someone is sure watching your every word whe you mention about what other clubs do :P :P :P

pintsofguinness

But I don't know what he's going on about...

David McKeown

Its actually not too bad if you know where your going.  As far as the watch stopping I have no idea but as I said I was more annoyed that he said thered be 2 mins injury time and then played 8
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner