DUP and the GAA

Started by Orior, September 29, 2008, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: ziggysego on October 01, 2008, 12:04:46 PM
Mickey did the right thing, ignored his silly comments. Anyone with any sense can see what he was trying to do, rile the GAA community. Best to take the higher ground and laugh off his comments.

Someone said how to idiots like these get elected. Quite silly, feed into the fears of the electorate and giving them scare stories about what 'the other side' will do and what will happen to the Unionist community if they are not elected. Been happening for years in all countries. Tell them what they want and if that doesn't work, scare them into voting for you.

If he wanted to annoy Mickey he should have started talking about the International Rules series, then there would have been fun :)

Maroon Heaven

Campbell for sure is an annoying twat1...

I am 100% sure this is a DUP line he is taking. He seems to be coming out with utter sh1t recently. At least Nigel Dodds makes you thinks he believes what he is saying.

Zapatista

It is along the same lines as refering to Ian Junior as Ian og. I laugh when I hear this. I'd say it annoys him but the more it annoys him the more I will laugh at him. It would be better for Ian if he laughed at being called Ian og and took it with a pinch of salt.

Denn Forever

Antrim unearth new full Forward. 

They have attended GAA games and now we see one playing.  I wonder what Arlene thinks of it?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-38098421
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Applesisapples

Sometimes the DUP will do something like this and then Gregory or Wee Nelsy will let rip.

illdecide

He'll get the boot (no pun intended :P) soon once the other DUP members meet up and discuss how they can get rid of the "Turn Coat"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

I do not remember starting this thread. Am I a schizophrenic?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Orior on November 25, 2016, 01:11:30 PM
I do not remember starting this thread. Am I a schizophrenic?

No. Idiot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 25, 2016, 12:09:25 PM
Antrim unearth new full Forward. 

They have attended GAA games and now we see one playing.  I wonder what Arlene thinks of it?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-38098421

The handpass must be a right scourge up there!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Am I the only one who thinks the guy deserves a bit of credit? I remember seeing Nelson Mc Causland  fist passing the ball while visiting kids at GAA training in Newry.Small steps like these should be applauded.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on November 25, 2016, 04:24:37 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the guy deserves a bit of credit? I remember seeing Nelson Mc Causland  fist passing the ball while visiting kids at GAA training in Newry.Small steps like these should be applauded.
True - but anywhere else in the World it would be the norm.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

You need to have lived here to appreciate it.20 years ago I never thought I'd see these things.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on November 25, 2016, 04:24:37 PM
Nelsn wasn't particularly comfortable at St Joseph's High School when asked to pose running with the ball, but Paul Givan seemed totally at ease and I applaud his action.
Careful now

imtommygunn

Nelson mccausland should never be given any credit for anything. A bigot and a horrible person in everything he does.

Givan seems more ok though.

Main Street

I suppose in the backwoods of the primitive deep north, there is a context for a normal vanilla community gesture of decency to be elevated to nobel prize standards.