Website design, SEO and PPC

Started by southdown, May 10, 2015, 12:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Are there any web designers on here? I am after a website highlighting a business.  The website must be classy and look the part, the website must also be the sole source of all business, therefore "getting to the top of Google is crucial."

I have read tonnes of stuff on SEO and PPC.  I have contacted various agencies but the prices I am being given are crazy.  The prices are ranging from £2-4k for a website, then anything from £500-£1000 per month to ensure the site stays at the top of Google.

Is it possible to run the PPC campaign myself without the need for a pro? All help appreciated.

Mhic Easmuint

What type of site you after? eCommerce just just display your services.
SEO can be expensive but the basic structure of your site needs to be right.
PPC - don't have much experience - probably always worth a try yourself initially - bid small amounts and see what returns it brings.
A Google on the subject should give you an overview of th basics to try.

93-DY-SAM

Just out of curiosity what would you expect to be a resonable price to pay for a website and a PPC campaign?

There are essentially two types of search results organic and paid. They are two different beasts. Organic search results are those displayed in the main Google search results and the paid for are those that appear at the top or side of the organic search results. Anyone with enough budget can more or less overnight buy there way onto the paid search results without actually doing much on their website. On the other getting to the top of the organic search results is a different ball game and takes much more time and effort but is more rewarding.

Taking PPC for example, much will depend on how many competitors are in the same space bidding for the same keywords as you. Likewise with organic search much depends on how many are competing to get on that first page.

Linkbox

Are you in any way IT savvy? These guys pride themselves in being an easy to use website design company and advertise on podcasts etc. Could be worth a shot.

http://www.squarespace.com/

weareros

You have probably learned from a lot of your reading that one trick to appearing high on Google is getting link love from other sites, especially links from reputable sites.

Many hosting companies now provide easy installation of open sourced content management platforms such as Drupal that can enable you to create fairly versatile and professional sites without spending an arm and a leg. If you have the patience and time to create that stuff yourself, of course.

But make sure you have a social media strategy as a huge universe of qualified leads to be found on facebook, Twitter, YouTube  provided you engage them with good  educational and informative content and make sure you create a mobile optimised site as more people connect to Internet via mobile devices and they are also not using Google to search as much. That's only going to increase.