Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 11, 2018, 09:12:27 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 10, 2018, 11:10:34 PM
Quote from: red hander on May 10, 2018, 04:35:50 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 10, 2018, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 10, 2018, 12:20:46 PM
I think in some cases Nationalists only realise they're being deprived of something because SF have highlighted it. Up until then, it wouldn't even have entered your head. The amount of people feeling outraged over this ILA is unbelievable. None of them have even bothered to learn Irish, yet they feel hard done by because SF told them they should.

Then SF poke the DUP bear with a stick over such issues and they of course say something stupid, and suddenly nationalists are even more outraged. But that is just the game SF and DUP play to keep people divided, and serves their purpose for existing.

As MR2 said, what is it that's missing for you? Will an ILA act really affect your everyday life? Gay marriage? A tricolour alongside a union fleg up on City hall? I seriously doubt it.

This betrays ignorance to such a level as to deem a constructive response pointless.

We're all automatons now, led by the nose by evil Sinn Fein, without a brain to think for ourselves. Yes Massa, we sorry fo asking fo equality, Massa, fell free to beat us, Massa  ::)

So, these equality issues that you seem to be deprived of, what are they?
Simple one to start, DUP support amnesty for British soldiers because even if they broke the law they were only doing it because themuns did it first.
Then there is how the state(let) represents its self, no Irish Language Act and the fact that anything Gaelic or Green must be resisted as it is a concession to SF/IRA. These small things might not mean an awful lot to you personally but they equate to a lack of respect and equality of identity.

But they're not everyday issues. Yes they are important, especially the legacy issues, but there was Protestants killed by the state too. Anyway, the head honcho with legacy stops at the British PM not the dup.

When I think equality, I think housing, roads, jobs, healthcare, investment into catholic areas. That's what really matters to the vast majority. What use is a tri colour flying on City hall when people are living in an area of high unemployment, lack of housing and no investment?

haranguerer

Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

When I think equality, I think housing, roads, jobs, healthcare, investment into catholic areas. That's what really matters to the vast majority. What use is a tri colour flying on City hall when people are living in an area of high unemployment, lack of housing and no investment?

And you don't think any of these are lacking?

Its all interconnected, equality isn't just a fanciful notion, it (and lack of it) permeates every aspect of our lives at all levels.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on May 11, 2018, 03:26:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

And you don't think any of these are lacking?

Its all interconnected, equality isn't just a fanciful notion, it (and lack of it) permeates every aspect of our lives at all levels.

The Falls road was done up quicker that the Shankill, mainly cause the feckers were looking protection money, but the money was the same for both parts.. prods are complaining that the nationalists (and Poles) have stolen their jobs! I've never lost out to anyone cause of my religion.

I did though remember not getting a job on the Falls road community centre as the job was lined up for some corner boy, needless to say I was offered the job 6 weeks later when they found out the guy couldnt do Monday's! I politely told them to stick their job

To say now there is no equality is lazy, but hey knock yourself out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There are still problems with equality in social housing. If nelson mccausland has any sort of responsibility for anything you can be sure there will be inequalities.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2018, 05:51:39 PM
There are still problems with equality in social housing. If nelson mccausland has any sort of responsibility for anything you can be sure there will be inequalities.

Him and Doddsy have been up to all sorts of skullduggery to hold back the greening of North Belfast. The surprising thing is though that SF never seemed to bothered even though it is they who would benefit leaving the SDLP to do all the chasing. Girdwood being a good example

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 11, 2018, 06:01:00 PM

Him and Doddsy have been up to all sorts of skullduggery to hold back the greening of North Belfast. The surprising thing is though that SF never seemed to bothered even though it is they who would benefit leaving the SDLP to do all the chasing. Girdwood being a good example

Looking after their own patch? sure they are all at it.. The natural thing for politicians is to look after their own, otherwise they wont be getting their vote.. If the DUP started giving away things to themuns then they will lose their vote to the UUP, who'll become the DUP!!

Again I don't know anyone now, or in the past 10 years that has been discriminated against
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

There are still problems with equality in social housing. If nelson mccausland has any sort of responsibility for anything you can be sure there will be inequalitie
s.
The main problem with allocation of social housing that it is being given to some useless dirtbird on benefits instead of a decent family that are doing their best on minimum wage
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

6th sam

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 21, 2018, 09:36:09 AM
Makes his hissy fit the other month even more ridiculous.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/republic-of-ireland-duo-ready-to-make-northern-ireland-switch-confirms-michael-oneill-36928260.html

Michael O'neill has every right to try and strengthen his squad, it's his hypocrisy in criticising the Republic for doing the same that really irks me

red hander

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 12, 2018, 11:03:38 PM
There are still problems with equality in social housing. If nelson mccausland has any sort of responsibility for anything you can be sure there will be inequalitie
s.
The main problem with allocation of social housing that it is being given to some useless dirtbird on benefits instead of a decent family that are doing their best on minimum wage

You'd have figures and statistics to back that shite up of course, Mr Clown Show?

red hander

kerryforsam2018

John Delaney and his newly appointed honorary President for life Denis O Brien will ensure that Irish football is safe well into the future.

He's a charlatan and a shyster. An embarrassment to Irish football. An inanimate carbon rod would do a better job. Unaccountable and unacceptable p***k of the highest order.

BennyCake

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 25, 2018, 07:00:49 PM
John Delaney and his newly appointed honorary President for life Denis O Brien will ensure that Irish football is safe well into the future.

He's a charlatan and a shyster. An embarrassment to Irish football. An inanimate carbon rod would do a better job. Unaccountable and unacceptable p***k of the highest order.

What's this now?

kerryforsam2018

Quote from: BennyCake on August 25, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 25, 2018, 07:00:49 PM

What's this now?

Should have put on FAI thread  ;D ;D Denis O'Brien appointed honorary president. Delaney is untouchable in FAI