Cluxton

Started by tonto1888, September 21, 2015, 12:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Wonder will he retire after today or will he hang around and try for 2 in a row. 33 is still brave and young for a keeper mind

moysider

time ticking away

He seems to have relaxed a lot in the past few years. All Ireland medals must do that to you
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

tonto1888

Quote from: moysider on September 21, 2015, 12:58:05 AM

Why would he retire?

Not saying he would. He's been around a long time and it's a big commitment. I was just wondering 'out loud' to be honest

moysider

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 21, 2015, 01:09:26 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 21, 2015, 12:58:05 AM

Why would he retire?

Not saying he would. He's been around a long time and it's a big commitment. I was just wondering 'out loud' to be honest

It is a big commitment but a great commitment when you are at the top of your game on a top team. I wish I was 33 again.

Nihilist

Can't see any of that Dublin team retiring.
What would they do for income?

rodney trotter

He has got very lax with the kickouts. A few yesterday and against Mayo were terrible.

macdanger2

Cluxton is definitely on the slide but he's still better than most and he won't be easily replaced

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2015, 09:42:14 AM
He has got very lax with the kickouts. A few yesterday and against Mayo were terrible.
His kickouts will only be as good as the ability of his team mates to provide him with options.
He does fluff a few every now and again, but unless there is a better keeper coming through, I don't see why he'll go any time soon.

rodney trotter

Shane Supple was suppose to be highly rated the ex Ipswich keeper. He was on the Dublin panel last year but left by his own accord.

The Gs Man

He thought about retiring, then he stepped back again.  Then thought of it again, but stepped back.  Then he thought of it again, but he stepped back.

Wasted a minute and a half in the process.
Keep 'er lit

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2015, 10:53:53 AM
Shane Supple was suppose to be highly rated the ex Ipswich keeper. He was on the Dublin panel last year but left by his own accord.

Couldn't hold a candle to Cluxton.

He's going to retire over the winter is the word

twohands!!!

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 21, 2015, 12:54:22 AM
Wonder will he retire after today or will he hang around and try for 2 in a row. 33 is still brave and young for a keeper mind

His comments in the speech about the sacrifices family put up with had me pondering the same thing.

I would think it's a possibility all right.

Could possibly see the 2 Brogans go as well.

AZOffaly

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 21, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 21, 2015, 12:54:22 AM

His comments in the speech about the sacrifices family put up with had me pondering the same thing.

I would think it's a possibility all right.

Could possibly see the 2 Brogans go as well.

Bernard wont' go. Alan might I'd say. Bastick as well maybe. Other than that they are a young team. What age is Paul Flynn?

straightred

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2015, 09:42:14 AM

But surely all this stuff could be worked out better beforehand. There didn't seem to any plan b yesterday. When the short ball wasn't on nobody out the field was making runs to help him.

I think he'll retire and in a way I hope he does. He's been the best of this generation and you don't want to see him in decline. He should get out now with his medal in his back pocket.