Gay marriage

Started by Eamonnca1, February 09, 2012, 07:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

The 'pro gay adoption brigade' are getting very condescending on this topic.

Eamonnca1, why do you keep referring to God as the ''invisible man in the sky''.

That is a pathetic way of trying to insult people with Christian beliefs I believe.

nifan

QuoteWhy are the needs of Homosexuals and people who decide they are actually men born in women's bodies more important than mine?

What laws apply to you that dont apply to them? What advantages are they being given that you are not?

If they said that christians shouldnt be allowed to adopt then there might be an issue...

Maiden1

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 10, 2012, 07:58:27 AM
Firstly. I've no problem with gay people adopting. I see no logical reason why a gay couple would be any better or worst than a heterosexual couple. Can I throw out a new question? Do civil partnership get the same tax breaks as a married couple? If they do is there any reason why for instance 2 sisters who live together could not be afforded the same rights?if they lived together 5/10/15 years.

http://www.jordanssolicitors.co.uk/resource/inheritance-tax-sisters-lose-test-case/
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

PadraicHenryPearse

I am aware of that case. Just wondering what opinions you guys have on it.

heganboy

this thread cracks me up

just for the non PC Brigade, are you aware that the whole idea that a "family" as you define it, i.e. parents of opposite sex and their kids only became a viable entity in the late 16th century? and actually only became commonplace 150 years later? The raising of children before that was done by an extended circle including extended family and neighbors and various other "elders" in the community...

QuoteIf God wanted two men to have children surely he would have equipped them with the bits and pieces to get the job done without the need for a woman?

Are you f'king kidding me?  I have to say I was respecting your position, although strongly disagreeing with it until this came along. Thats not an argument that's just lazy.

Come on people go learn something, educate yourselves, there's a bunch of you sounding like Ian Paisley in 1970, and I'm worried that you don't even realize it. Never Never Never, The GAABoard right wing says No.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Applesisapples

Quote from: EC Unique on February 09, 2012, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 03:35:07 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. It is however an ignorant and ill informed one.

That, sir, is your opinion and not fact.

I'm sure I'm not on my own here but doubt if many will voice agreement.
Fact is EC that many Heterosexual couples do not deserve to have a dog let alone children. Gay couples can provide stable and loving relationships which are the bed rock of any family life. There is no evidence to support the theory (Not yours I know) put out there by others that gay parents would turn the child gay. It is not a lifestyle choice but an orientation.

Applesisapples

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 09, 2012, 04:03:22 PM
I am against Gay people adopting because it could lead to bullying of the child in later life.

IMO one of the fundamental aspects of adoption is giving the child a loving mother and father. It is not fair for a child to be adopted by either two men or two women and thus be deprived of a loving father/mother figure in their childhood.

If that makes me ignorant and intolerant then that's what I am.
Condemned by your own words.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 10, 2012, 10:07:03 AM
The 'pro gay adoption brigade' are getting very condescending on this topic.

Eamonnca1, why do you keep referring to God as the ''invisible man in the sky''.

That is a pathetic way of trying to insult people with Christian beliefs I believe.

I think the point is that using God as a defense isn't really adding much to someone's case as the very existence of God, whatever about his or her will, is not exactly a given.

J70

Quote from: nifan on February 10, 2012, 10:24:19 AM
QuoteWhy are the needs of Homosexuals and people who decide they are actually men born in women's bodies more important than mine?

What laws apply to you that dont apply to them? What advantages are they being given that you are not?

If they said that christians shouldnt be allowed to adopt then there might be an issue...

There seems to be a marked reluctance to answer this question amidst all the whinging about trampled-on rights.

Applesisapples

Quote from: The Iceman on February 09, 2012, 04:57:40 PM
Christian based adoption agencies throughout America and throughout the UK like Catholic Care are being forced by the Government to comply with recently passed legislation to allow same sex couples to adopt children from their agencies. Even though this directly conflicts with their religious opinion, practice and code.
These agencies have been forced to close in many cases. These instances go back to 2007 in England when Catholic Care clashed with the government on this very issue. The Government insisted that if they wish to continue to work with local authorities, Catholic adoption agencies must act against the teaching of the church and their own consciences by being obliged in law to provide gay adoption services.

There are agencies who provide and cater for gay adoption. I don't have to agree with them. But at the same time Christian based charities who provide services should not be forced surely down that road?
The Catholic Church of which I am a practicing member would need to sort out errant priests and indeed the lack of priests resulting from outdated man made rules and instutionalist attitudes to modern life before lecturing on the suitability of gay adoption.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Iceman on February 10, 2012, 01:43:43 AM
If God wanted two men to have children surely he would have equipped them with the bits and pieces to get the job done without the need for a woman?
It might be worth thinking about why straight couples choose to adopt. It's often because 'God' didn't equip them to have children of their own. Should we allow such couples to adopt? It clearly wasn't in 'God's' plan for them to have children.

EC Unique

If we take God out of the equation, do we believe in nature? Nature obviously designed children to be created by the coming together of a man and a woman, not a man and another man of woman and another woman.

This debate at the end of the day is all about the children and not the people looking to adopt. If there are plenty of hetro couples available to adopt then why consider Gay couples. Why experiment with the children. If it is not broken then why fix it? If Children are spending too much time in care I would suggest it is because the process of adoption is too slow.