The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 04, 2024, 11:18:54 AM
Quote from: Brendan on July 04, 2024, 11:04:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 04, 2024, 11:00:48 AM
Quote from: Brendan on July 04, 2024, 10:59:07 AMGoing by the constituency profiles over on Slugger SF should keep all their seats. Brexit isnt a factor this time like it was in 2019 and the Sdlp were able to push that in the last general election, like in Easter Derry last time Cara Hunter pipped Sinn Féin to 2nd then in the 2022 assembly election SF got almost 4 times her vote if I remember right
Be great result to hold all seats esp FST. Ideally take Foyle back but 17k is an awful lot of votes.

Can't see that happening either, 2017 when they took Foyle was a perfect storm for them with losing an icon like Martin McGuinness and Arlene Foster with her crocodiles

SF should be focussing on places like upper Bann, East Londonderry and South Antrim. These are places that they could get close if the actually bothered their heads. They need to forget Foyle, it is rock solid safe for SDLP, SF would have more of a chance coming through the middle in a heavily split North Antrim than winning Foyle. The lack of interest from pretty much everyone in this election is unreal considering so many seats could be close in NI
Where the f**k is that

Milltown Row2

The opposite end of West Londonderry?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

I wouldn't want to upset Gregory and not call it by it's official name ;D.

The point about apathy is that we are in pre border poll territory no matter what people spoof. The opinion polls are all over the place especially if Mr Shirlow is involved so we only have election results as solid data. I know Westminster is a bit odd with the FPTP set up but if nationalists get below 40% no doubt it will be used again as a reason to nonsense any idea of a referendum

marty34

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 04, 2024, 12:26:16 PMI wouldn't want to upset Gregory and not call it by it's official name ;D.

The point about apathy is that we are in pre border poll territory no matter what people spoof. The opinion polls are all over the place especially if Mr Shirlow is involved so we only have election results as solid data. I know Westminster is a bit odd with the FPTP set up but if nationalists get below 40% no doubt it will be used again as a reason to nonsense any idea of a referendum

It'll be pro-nationalist percentage, pro-unionist percentage...and Alliance bloc.

Breakdown will be interesting.

But as Snapchat says, re: WM, who really cares? Makes very little difference.

Very disappointed SDLP standing in areas where progressive parties can win. Disappointed but not surprised.

They'll be getting nothing from me in the next MLA or local council election. 

armaghniac

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 04, 2024, 12:26:16 PMI wouldn't want to upset Gregory and not call it by it's official name ;D.

however, data from this type of election is not entirely reliable with first past the post and tactical voting. For instance, Alliance will pick up votes from nationalists in Lagan Valley, East Belfast, North Down and Stangford. The Assembly or local elections are a better guide.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on July 04, 2024, 07:18:00 PM

however, data from this type of election is not entirely reliable with first past the post and tactical voting. For instance, Alliance will pick up votes from nationalists in Lagan Valley, East Belfast, North Down and Stangford. The Assembly or local elections are a better guide.
Yeah true plus parties not running in certain places etc.

JPGJOHNNYG

Lockhart worried about upper Bann. Is that just the bel tel getting me interested to now stay up all night ;D