The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

The "he choked to death on the car's exhaust fumes" defense didn't work out so well in the end.

whitey

Chauvin should get 10-20 years in jail, but he has great ammunition to launch an appeal (no pun intended)

Seamus

Quote from: dec on April 20, 2021, 09:54:26 PM
Quote from: Seamus on April 19, 2021, 03:13:16 AM
You are delusional, I never had a photo in my profile, never mind one of Infowars. Don't follow that channel either.

Here is the URL of your profile picture

http://social.infowars.com/uploads_user/4000/3171/0_2222.jpg

That avatar is not functional in years. I have given my thoughts on Infowars a long time ago. I watched it occasionally for up to six months 15 years or so ago. What we get is 90% truth and 10% disinformation. There is nobody out there that can get it 100% correct but I felt that Alex Jones was intentionally adding it in. This was proven by some of his former journalists. It is also years since I have visited his site. Saw him in a brief interview a few months ago and was surprised at how much he aged.

Meanwhile you are glued to the idiot box and seemingly proud of it. Did you watch the Waco Documentary? Very doubtful if you even clicked on it. Do you believe the official story given by the three letter agencies, the politicians and the idiot box?  If you did happen to watch the documentary let me know where you disagree (if you do} with the overwhelming evidence proving everything we were told about Waco is 100% false and we will discuss it.

Waco Documentary
https://trimurl.co/WacoMassacre

After watching the Documentary then witness this 4 minute clip of proven Biden lies.
https://trimurl.co/BidenLies
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 21, 2021, 01:51:32 AM
Chauvin should get 10-20 years in jail, but he has great ammunition to launch an appeal (no pun intended)

Why do you think he has a good case for an appeal?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2021, 02:41:33 PM

Not just me.....the judge in the case actually said it

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/judge-derek-chauvin-maxine-waters-mistrial-appeal/index.html

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 21, 2021, 02:45:46 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/judge-derek-chauvin-maxine-waters-mistrial-appeal/index.html

Ah, I see.

Maybe.

He still wouldn't have a hope of overturning the conviction.

He'd need the lawyer from that old Black Adder episode:

I remember Massingbird's most famous case: the Case of the Bloody Knife. A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand. 13 witnesses had seen him stab the victim. And when the police arrived, he said "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off; he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours List. And the relatives of the victim had to pay to wash the blood out of his jacket!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2021, 03:06:29 PM

Ah, I see.

Maybe.

He still wouldn't have a hope of overturning the conviction.

He'd need the lawyer from that old Black Adder episode:

I remember Massingbird's most famous case: the Case of the Bloody Knife. A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand. 13 witnesses had seen him stab the victim. And when the police arrived, he said "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off; he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours List. And the relatives of the victim had to pay to wash the blood out of his jacket!

I think a mistrial is what he would be hoping for and a new trial (which would have the same outcome)

GetOverTheBar

Floyd (if I remember correctly) had x3 times the normal limit (that should kill someone) of fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system.

That's the stuff killed Prince, rumoured to be the same stuff the Russians fired into the Moscow theater....it closes the respiratory canals, so much so you think your going to sleep, then that's you....

That alone is grounds for appeal on the murder charge I would have thought.

Add in the pay off the family was awarded before the verdict, you have grounds there for presumption of guilt / swaying the jury - you would think there is no way they could have avoided that news.

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 21, 2021, 04:08:55 PM
Irony is dead

;D ;D ;D

Although you do have to hand it to McEnany in one way. She is a first-class actress, able to spew the bullshit and non-sequiturs and fake indignation and outrage while not believing a single word of what she's saying.

Gmac

biden weighed  in on it too

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 21, 2021, 03:52:33 PM

Floyd (if I remember correctly) had x3 times the normal limit (that should kill someone) of fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system.

That's the stuff killed Prince, rumoured to be the same stuff the Russians fired into the Moscow theater....it closes the respiratory canals, so much so you think your going to sleep, then that's you....

That alone is grounds for appeal on the murder charge I would have thought.

Add in the pay off the family was awarded before the verdict, you have grounds there for presumption of guilt / swaying the jury - you would think there is no way they could have avoided that news.

What are you talking about?

All of the drug stuff was discussed and refuted in the trial. Multiple expert witnesses testified that the actions of Chauvin caused Floyd's death and that the level of drugs in his system was irrelevant. One of the witnesses said that a healthy person, even without Floyd's heart issues, would have died if subjected to Chauvin's knee on the neck for that length of time. The defense brought out a few expert witnesses of their own, who were not exactly convincing, to say the least.

You don't get to try again just because the jury rejected the defense's theory of the case the first time out.

On the pay-off, that was discussed during the pre-trial proceedings, and led to the dismissal of a number of jurors who were perceived to have been biased by the award. The defense asked for the trial to be moved, but that was rejected. Where were they going to go? The case dominated national, even worldwide headlines all of last summer.

Unless you're going to say f**k it, and let Chauvin skate, not sure what else could be done. Unless they can do trial by judge instead of jury.

Eamonnca1

The conservatives are now attacking Biden over a nonexistent meat ban.

The hell is the matter with these people?

Gabriel_Hurl

Gmac

Lol Biden's policy, he has one meeting every other day don't you know it's the 4 years at Bernie's show