The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 22, 2020, 05:59:06 PM

most county hospitals provide all types of care to anyone who can't afford it , it might take 3 months to get an appointment but that's government run healthcare in most countries , in Ireland I would imagine anyone who can afford to go private does if they can . Democrats talk about giving shite healthcare to people who can already get said shite healthcare it's disingenuous and is all about votes .

So healthcare in the USA is fine then? Why are so many people going bankrupt when they get sick when they could just walk into the ER and get all this free stuff?

EMERGENCY medical care is available to all......always has been, regardless of legal status

Democrats are now proposing to take it to a whole new level by providing "COVERAGE" to all under their new plan. Coverage for all would cover everything.

You think we have problems now with the surge in numbers crossing illegally........wait til this gets passed

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/05/border-arrests-increase-may-1509572

Gmac

most county hospitals provide all types of care to anyone who can't afford it , it might take 3 months to get an appointment but that's government run healthcare in most countries , in Ireland I would imagine anyone who can afford to go private does if they can . Democrats talk about giving shite healthcare to people who can already get said shite healthcare it's disingenuous and is all about votes .

So healthcare in the USA is fine then? Why are so many people going bankrupt when they get sick when they could just walk into the ER and get all this free stuff?
[/quote do undocumented people go bankrupt? No because they have no ssn so can't be held accountable, the poor citizens again get the whammy , bottom line my point is take care of your own citizens first however u do it .

Maiden1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/14/health-insurance-medical-bankruptcy-debt

Over 1/2 a million people a year in the US go bankrupt due to medical costs. No one in the UK, Ireland, Canada .. go bankrupt because of medical Bill's. Over 20% of people in US reported struggling to pay health insurance. How could it not be a major election issue.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 06:59:20 PM

EMERGENCY medical care is available to all......always has been, regardless of legal status

Can you get chemo in the ER? How about a hip replacement?

Democrats are now proposing to take it to a whole new level by providing "COVERAGE" to all under their new plan. Coverage for all would cover everything.

You think we have problems now with the surge in numbers crossing illegally........wait til this gets passed

Let's make life as miserable as possible then. Gotta deter those migrants.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on February 22, 2020, 07:17:14 PM

do undocumented people go bankrupt? No because they have no ssn so can't be held accountable, the poor citizens again get the whammy , bottom line my point is take care of your own citizens first however u do it .

Put those goalposts back where you got them. I didn't ask about undocumented people (or "illegals" as you call them). Why are so many people going bankrupt from medical bills (or dying for lack of coverage) if all their needs can be met in the ER? Are you seriously trying to argue that it's cheaper to provide these essential services in the ER?

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 07:36:34 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 22, 2020, 07:17:14 PM

do undocumented people go bankrupt? No because they have no ssn so can't be held accountable, the poor citizens again get the whammy , bottom line my point is take care of your own citizens first however u do it .

Put those goalposts back where you got them. I didn't ask about undocumented people (or "illegals" as you call them). Why are so many people going bankrupt from medical bills (or dying for lack of coverage) if all their needs can be met in the ER? Are you seriously trying to argue that it's cheaper to provide these essential services in the ER?
County hospitals work like a private one u make appointments to see a doctor who decides what happens next u don't go to the er for shoulder pain knee pain etc which is how bigger problems are mostly discovered, u don't go to the er and say I have cancer ffs , I never said the Er care took care of all ills but it is available for emergencies hence the name .

seafoid

Healthcare and prisons are 25% of US GDP or 1 in 4 dollars spent.

This is approx 10% of GDP higher than OECD averages and it all goes to the beloved 1% of Whitey and Gmac.

Stein was an official in Nixon's admin. Stein's law says that if something cannot go on forever it will stop.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Why don't apple ,Facebook , google, amazon all owned and run by progressives put a fund together for healthcare with some of the tax that they don't pay . Wouldn't that be something we all agree on .

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 12:38:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2020, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 08:48:13 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 04:53:50 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 01:24:49 AM
http://apps.bostonglobe.com/nation/politics/2019/11/voters-2020-election/pennsylvania/erie/

A guy who gets up at 3:00 am to drive two hours to a roofing job, while his wife is working the overnight shift will never vote for a candidate who will provide healthcare to illegals and who's tax dollars will be used to abolish the student debts of people who've never grafted a day in their lives

Jesus wept. So your roofer will happily keep on paying extortionate health insurance premiums to the legalized extortion racket known as "private health insurance" as long as undocumented people get to die of cancer for lack of money?

And what's all this about graduates never having worked?

And your response is exactly why he'll be voting for Trump again this year

Thank you

Your response doesn't make any sense whitey.

You guys just don't seem to accept that the Democrats have lost their traditional white working class vote.. He essentially called the guy stupid

So what?

People like him call people like me stupid.

Is voting completely about sticking it to the other guy?

Is voting for Trump all about "make liberals cry again!"?

Is that all that's in it for this guy?

Did you read the article?

Do you understand why he voted for Trump in 2016 and why he will vote for him again in 2020? (Him being a lifelong Democrat who voted for both Clinton and Obama)

Do you understand why he probably wouldn't want his tax dollars to pay for the healthcare of illegals or to forgive the student debts of people who got useless majors and now can't get jobs..

If your answer is no to either of my questions I will feel very good about Trumps chances of re election

Yes I read it.

He states why he voted for Trump.

Some horseshit about his plain language and sticking up for America, whatever that means, along with a dubious connection to the construction of a couple of hospitals in his town (refuted by others in the same article).

And we all have shit we don't want our tax dollars to pay for.

Nothing this guy has said in any way justifies supporting a man like Trump.

whitey

That settles it then

He's stupid &/or a racist for not wanting what the Democrats are offering

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2020, 07:33:31 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 06:59:20 PM

Can you get chemo in the ER? How about a hip replacement?

Let's make life as miserable as possible then. Gotta deter those migrants.

Let's figure out how to help the ones who are already here before enticing millions more in

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 10:13:44 PM
Let's figure out how to help the ones who are already here before enticing millions more in

Yes, quite.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2020, 10:13:44 PM

On a completely unrelated note, what country were you born in?

seafoid

Immigration is part of the economic system. Demand for houses and schools increases economic growth . Unfortunately immigration puts pressure on infrasructure and eventually GOP roofers have to drive 2 hours to get to the job. Nothing lasts forever.

Mainstream Dems still think immigration is a humanitarian issue. Most of them work for the plutocrats.

In the UK the debate is the same.. Stop immigration . Don't change anything else. But the deplorables are pissed off about everything.

The question is for how long the plutocrats can plámás them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2020, 07:09:11 AM
Immigration is part of the economic system. Demand for houses and schools increases economic growth . Unfortunately immigration puts pressure on infrasructure and eventually GOP roofers have to drive 2 hours to get to the job. Nothing lasts forever.

Mainstream Dems still think immigration is a humanitarian issue. Most of them work for the plutocrats.

In the UK the debate is the same.. Stop immigration . Don't change anything else. But the deplorables are pissed off about everything.

The question is for how long the plutocrats can plámás them.

Re-read the article

The guy is a lifelong Democrat and Union member who had voted for both Clinton and Obama

There is no room for him or his opinions in today's Democratic Party. You either agree with 100% of their agenda or you are a racist and an idiot