Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I think Cora and Cornacon were playing that card a bit too, knowing that Leahy and Co would be the baddies...and they f**king were!
Sinead Kissane and others wrote pieces heavily in their favour. Cora was on Off the Ball twice.
Now we see the tide turning and they might not enjoy their use of loaded words like unsafe.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: iorras on September 13, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 13, 2018, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 13, 2018, 12:46:37 PM
But they are the ones being cagey and using words like 'unhealthy' and 'very personal' implies so much.

If these issues are serious enough to cause a mass walk-out in the first place they should surely let their own team-mates or the liaison officer know??

The timeline that we have seems to be it became unsafe, unhealthy and not nice all of a sudden. Getting on to your own team-mates to drop off and forfeit a game is hardly helping their case, or making for a good 'environment'.

I usually am a 'jury is out' man on these things, but only one side has given a clear side of events and that was Leahy. If something was so serious that it forced half a squad out, they should be fuckin screaming blue murder and Leahy and his team should be ran from the association.
And yet we wait...and still we hear whispers and implications...
again if rumours are to be believed is because its a very delicate subject which publicizing would  possibly being non football people and non football related matters into full view . which would be unfair but they still want to get the point across that they found the situation unacceptable .
they should have choosen their words better as those work are normally used a code for sex abuse which is not the case I believe

Enlighten us to these rumours then - You're making very little sense with your replies
Sounds like saying enough to keep casting aspirations on the management team, without giving any actual information.

A bluffer then

no a bluffer just passing on the guts of a rumor pointing out that. were are not in a position to jusge and take sides as  its not always a simple thing to tell the whole story when others are involved and do not not want the subject of the story to become known , this is only 50% a football story .
. yes it did all start with Cora being left off the starting 15 but the management reaction to protests from the carnacon were not seen as appropriate and the carnacon contingent believes aspersions were being made regarding some of their players .and the walkout was decided on by players from carnacon other than Cora ,

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 13, 2018, 02:40:52 PM
It's an absolute disgrace that these women have put something out there that has lead to all sorts of nudge-nudge, no-smoke-without-fire etc. type rumours.

I haven't heard any rumours but to refer to "an unsafe environment" does suggest something of a sexual nature.

Time for Cora and Co to be damn specific on what the feck thay are referring to.

If I was Leahy I would contact a solicitor to start the slander process

Sums up my thoughts exactly.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

iorras

Off the ball were continuing to toe the Cora line on the wireless last night. Nathan Murphy and Maria Thresa whatever her name is either a) didnt listen to the interview with peter leahy despite the fact that they spent 20 minutes commenting o it or b) since they decided to jump on the "back Cora" bandwagon with their softly softly interviews early on in this process couldn't possibly open their mind that their were two sides to the story.

Jinxy

Can't listen to that Nathan Murphy lad at all.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on September 13, 2018, 04:33:15 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: iorras on September 13, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 13, 2018, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 13, 2018, 12:46:37 PM
But they are the ones being cagey and using words like 'unhealthy' and 'very personal' implies so much.

If these issues are serious enough to cause a mass walk-out in the first place they should surely let their own team-mates or the liaison officer know??

The timeline that we have seems to be it became unsafe, unhealthy and not nice all of a sudden. Getting on to your own team-mates to drop off and forfeit a game is hardly helping their case, or making for a good 'environment'.

I usually am a 'jury is out' man on these things, but only one side has given a clear side of events and that was Leahy. If something was so serious that it forced half a squad out, they should be fuckin screaming blue murder and Leahy and his team should be ran from the association.
And yet we wait...and still we hear whispers and implications...
again if rumours are to be believed is because its a very delicate subject which publicizing would  possibly being non football people and non football related matters into full view . which would be unfair but they still want to get the point across that they found the situation unacceptable .
they should have choosen their words better as those work are normally used a code for sex abuse which is not the case I believe

Enlighten us to these rumours then - You're making very little sense with your replies
Sounds like saying enough to keep casting aspirations on the management team, without giving any actual information.

A bluffer then

no a bluffer just passing on the guts of a rumor pointing out that. were are not in a position to jusge and take sides as  its not always a simple thing to tell the whole story when others are involved and do not not want the subject of the story to become known , this is only 50% a football story .
. yes it did all start with Cora being left off the starting 15 but the management reaction to protests from the carnacon were not seen as appropriate and the carnacon contingent believes aspersions were being made regarding some of their players .and the walkout was decided on by players from carnacon other than Cora ,

Sorry but if a ladies football team with male manager claim they are in an unsafe environment you have to come out and substantiate that statement. Peter Leahy has a life and job outside of football so imagine the problems a comment like that must cause him and his family. You are just as bad with your cryptic bulls**t supporting the Carnacon players

The football liaison officer, the county board and the remaining panel backed the management and not the Cornacon players.  It's clear that Cora and/or the Cornacon players have to come out now with their issues and stop with the bulls**t waffle she has been peddling on the national airwaves. 

Halfquarter

It's an absolute disgrace that these women have put something out there that has lead to all sorts of nudge-nudge, no-smoke-without-fire etc. type rumours.

I haven't heard any rumours but to refer to "an unsafe environment" does suggest something of a sexual nature.

Time for Cora and Co to be damn specific on what the feck thay are referring to.

Really, a bit of a stretch of the imagination !

Jinxy

In this day and age that's not a stretch at all.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 14, 2018, 11:11:39 AM
In this day and age that's not a stretch at all.

That's the first thing everyone will think of.

trileacman

It's defintiely no stretch. Sure didn't Kimmage savage the chairman of that Dublin club for a similar statement against an individual. If I was Leahy I'd lawyer up to f**k, it's a measure of respect that he hasn't done so.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

shark

Quote from: trileacman on September 14, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
It's defintiely no stretch. Sure didn't Kimmage savage the chairman of that Dublin club for a similar statement against an individual. If I was Leahy I'd lawyer up to f**k, it's a measure of respect that he hasn't done so.

Apparently Newstalk have contacted him and apologised for the language used by their guest.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 14, 2018, 10:37:00 AM

Is it? What else could "unsafe environment" allude to in this day and age. Before all the scandals in swimming and UK football and our old friend Tom Humphries we could have said, well, exposed wires in the dressing room or the minbus is too full on the way to matches. Now to me it would suggest that there are young girls on the panel are getting inappropriate texts from management or worse. Maybe, being well over 40+VAT, I am getting auld and cynical........but there ya go.

iorras

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 14, 2018, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on September 14, 2018, 10:37:00 AM

Is it? What else could "unsafe environment" allude to in this day and age. Before all the scandals in swimming and UK football and our old friend Tom Humphries we could have said, well, exposed wires in the dressing room or the minbus is too full on the way to matches. Now to me it would suggest that there are young girls on the panel are getting inappropriate texts from management or worse. Maybe, being well over 40+VAT, I am getting auld and cynical........but there ya go.
Spot on. Anyone who says anything else is either being naïve in the extreme or as foolish as the people who have originally said those things in public

Jinxy

Quote from: shark on September 14, 2018, 02:39:45 PM

Apparently Newstalk have contacted him and apologised for the language used by their guest.

Where did you hear this?
If I was Leahy, I'd demand that they make a very public announcement on the evening show as a lot of people heard that interview with Cora.

shark

Quote from: Jinxy on September 14, 2018, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: shark on September 14, 2018, 02:39:45 PM

Where did you hear this?
If I was Leahy, I'd demand that they make a very public announcement on the evening show as a lot of people heard that interview with Cora.

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1040585681989496832