China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 03:58:04 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 03:54:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: South Laois man on January 13, 2021, 03:24:34 PM
I haven't posted here for a while but have been checking in from time to time. One observation is Angelotends to repeat the same bull everyday on this thread.

It's not bull. It's fact and some people have a problem with their double standards.

The hysteria and outrage is hard to understand now when it was not there during the winter flu season of 17/18 and you have to do some mental gymnastics and betray any ounce of logic and rationale to do that.

As discussed other people don't see the double standards you are seeing because they think the comparisons are BS. Reasons have been supplied for why. Again, you don't agree, but that is why there seems to be a substantial amount of posters who think you are posting bullsh!t. Your arguments obviously haven't won them over.

They should be able to debate that but they can't. Ask yourself why it was ok for record death totals in Jan 2018 with minimal coverage.

I have substantiated my post with figures and facts.

Record death totals in Jan 2018 and nobody batted any eyelid. I haven't had one poster who has been able to tackle that one yet, it's easier for them to throw outrageous slurs and insults rather than frame an effective argument.
Yeah we've discussed this a number of times. It appears your arguments are just too weak and people don't seem to agree with you. But your still entitled to your own opinion tho.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 04:05:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 03:58:04 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 03:54:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM
I haven't posted here for a while but have been checking in from time to time. One observation is Angelotends to repeat the same bull everyday on this thread.

It's not bull. It's fact and some people have a problem with their double standards.

The hysteria and outrage is hard to understand now when it was not there during the winter flu season of 17/18 and you have to do some mental gymnastics and betray any ounce of logic and rationale to do that.

As discussed other people don't see the double standards you are seeing because they think the comparisons are BS. Reasons have been supplied for why. Again, you don't agree, but that is why there seems to be a substantial amount of posters who think you are posting bullsh!t. Your arguments obviously haven't won them over.

They should be able to debate that but they can't. Ask yourself why it was ok for record death totals in Jan 2018 with minimal coverage.

I have substantiated my post with figures and facts.

Record death totals in Jan 2018 and nobody batted any eyelid. I haven't had one poster who has been able to tackle that one yet, it's easier for them to throw outrageous slurs and insults rather than frame an effective argument.
Yeah we've discussed this a number of times. It appears your arguments are just too weak and people don't seem to agree with you. But your still entitled to your own opinion tho.

My arguments aren't weak, it they were then posters would be able to counter them but instead they merely opt for insults.

Look at the on with Harold as a clear example of that.

When he was asked a couple of very pertinent questions, he avoided them on three occasions before reverting to insults.

How can you justify mass deaths in Jan 2018 but not now? It's a contradiction and it undermines anyone's credibility.

It's easier to fool someone than it is convince someone they have been fooled and a lot of you guys are very testy about looking silly. That is the nub of it. You can choose to actually debate the issue or throw insults about.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

I've been through this with you. Not doing it again. Suffice to say it seems most posters seem to agree with my view point on the comparison. But as I say, that doesn't impact your ability to hold that opinion. But it's why most posters think you are a bit wired.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

19 deaths today in the north.
1145 people testing positive.

The numbers are staggering.

imtommygunn

It's the numbers and growth in "inpatients" that nearly the most staggering for me. I am a bit worried 19 or so deaths will be very low compared to what we might see in the next few weeks :(

I used to watch that board and it was at 200. It is at something like 870 odd now? It's growing a lot every day and I don't know where the capacity is going to come from at the current rate of growth. I am not even sure where it's currently coming from as it must be very very stretched.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 04:26:45 PM
It's the numbers and growth in "inpatients" that nearly the most staggering for me. I am a bit worried 19 or so deaths will be very low compared to what we might see in the next few weeks :(

I used to watch that board and it was at 200. It is at something like 870 odd now? It's growing a lot every day and I don't know where the capacity is going to come from at the current rate of growth. I am not even sure where it's currently coming from as it must be very very stretched.

And you've a squad of our finest holding an anti-mask / anti-vaccine rally in Derry on Sat past.

trailer

Unfortunately I think you could be right. The amount of people I know who are in hospital is just crazy. If that's is extrapolated across the country then the NHS must be a breaking point.

Cunny Funt

Best of luck to your dad Sid, Galway hospital i believe had a big outbreak in it recently the same in Mayo both had low covid numbers before that.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on January 13, 2021, 04:32:02 PM

Unfortunately I think you could be right. The amount of people I know who are in hospital is just crazy. If that's is extrapolated across the country then the NHS must be a breaking point.

Yeah it's bad times. We are moving to where Italy was round this time last year and it's very hard to see how it's going to be stopped.

Taylor

Best wishes to your father Sid - not an easy time

sid waddell

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
Best of luck to your dad Sid, Galway hospital i believe had a big outbreak in it recently the same in Mayo both had low covid numbers before that.
There was a pretty severe outbreak among staff before Christmas

Personally speaking I've never understood how there could be any sort of foolproof plan to keep Covid out of hospitals and care homes - because of the way it spreads, the living conditions of the staff, and the nature of the care required in hospitals and care homes

The prevalence of Covid within hospitals and care homes is a function of the prevalence of the virus in the community

And that's why we can't live with the virus

The "shielding" proposed by the Great Barrington people was always bunkum

Ed Ricketts

Not just this thread. Every thread unfortunate enough to attract his attention. The tl;dr for anyone without the time to wade through it all:

Angelo: I think x.

AN Other: Why do you think x, considering counter arguments a, b, and c?

Angelo: I think x. Idiot.

AN Other: Yeah, but a, b, and c all suggest that x can't be true. So why do you still think x?

Angelo: I've already answered that. Hypocrite.

AN Other: Where have you answered it, Angelo?

Angelo: It's not my fault you're too lazy to read back, wee man. Flu. Big pharma. January 2018. Nadal.

AN Other: But really Angelo, where have you answered it?

Angelo: Look, I'm not going to let you and your hysterical mob bully me out of my position. But here's where I answered it, coward:
Quote from: AngeloI think x

And the cycle repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats...
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

imtommygunn

Quote from: sid waddell on January 13, 2021, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
There was a pretty severe outbreak among staff before Christmas

Personally speaking I've never understood how there could be any sort of foolproof plan to keep Covid out of hospitals and care homes - because of the way it spreads, the living conditions of the staff, and the nature of the care required in hospitals and care homes

The prevalence of Covid within hospitals and care homes is a function of the prevalence of the virus in the community

And that's why we can't live with the virus

The "shielding" proposed by the Great Barrington people was always bunkum

Yeah I would tend to agree with that.

Summed up well Ed lol.

tbrick18

Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.
Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

Really sorry to hear about your Dad Sid. I can't imagine what it must be like.
charlieTully's post is spot on IMO, and I think we all know Angelo is talking out his Arse and not worth conversing with. The unfortunate think is this sort of sh*t talk gets repeated and can result in more deaths.

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:53:33 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:38:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 07:29:16 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.
Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

So sorry to read that Sid :(

If Angelo is a real person and not a wum he's got a lot of issues going on. I don't know if lockdown hasn't been kind or what there but at this point it's just car crash stuff. The internet isn't good for troubled people sometimes :(

I've offered a rational argument at all times.

I have the likes of you put in a corner with your false equivalency. When I bring up the winter flu in 2017/18 when we had record deaths in Jan 2018, you have to entrench yourself in and justify that and when you do that it removes any credibility in what you argue for now.

All you are is a sanctimonious mouthpiece. Why was 2,101 deaths acceptable to you in Jan 2018 and if it wasn't show me the posts where you spoke out against it at the time.

I know I won't expect any engagement with you on this core point because you are complete and utter hypocrite with a large dose of sanctimony and virtue signalling thrown in, which we know for sure is a complete facade.

Where has Harold ran off to with my unanswered questions too? All I can see is a lot of cowards here who justify people dying from flu but thing the world should be thrown into chaos in case those with Covid have the same outcome and when you're pressed on it all you resort too are slurs and attributing ridiculous statements to me which have no correlation with what I said. Be a man for once.

You don't know the meaning of the word rational and you don't know the meaning of the word logical if you view yourself as rational and logical.

There's little point in engaging with you. You have been shown up to be irrational and illogical time and again but you just can't comprehend it.

You seriously need to take time away from the internet. It isn't good for you.

Irony alert.

You don't have a choice in the matter wee man, you are bound by your own contradictions and your innate cowardice and that's why you choose not to engage.

I defy you to prove me wrong, the floor is yours.

Show me your disgust at 2,101 deaths during the 17/18 winter flu season?? Bump a few posts you made outlining it because all I have seen from your are extraordinary double standards where you justify that level of death back then. You then support the theory that winter lockdown eradicated flu this winter. So when you apply that set of rationale you are openly saying that we cost hundreds of lives back then by not locking down and then you justify that.

You're a coward and not a very bright one.

Double Irony Alert.

Do you honestly think that everyone posts their every though on the GAABoard?  Are you seriously suggesting that because someone didn't post something on here that it means they don't have an opinion on it?
Example.....I've never posted on here that I think you must be from that Snowflake generation that has to post on social media every time they fart or else they risk not getting the likes that are so craved? No I haven't. But do I believe that? Well...