China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:48:58 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.

I've never said it's not real but there is a lot of misinformation flying out there.

Is not hard to countenance for people how we accepted a level of death in Jan 2018 without batting an eyelid that has yet to be reached yet during any month of Coivd when hysteria is running wild.
How many lock downs were in place in 2018?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyssam5

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 06:09:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 06:00:16 PM
Tell me Angelo, do you think it's fake news,  the numbers in hospitals at the minute I mean?

It's a yes or no question, nothing else

In your own time. As you haven't answered It, just added some waffle

I've already answered yours, all Lives count. Anyone in my family that needs medical right away and Nhs can't provide that service, I'll pay for it.

So someone at 70+ is as important as a 20 year old in my view.

I think the numbers need clarity and context. I think they are deliberately misleading and should be clarified by:

A) How many people were admitted to hospital for Covid related reasons
B) How many cases were admitted to hospital for non-Covid related reasons and contracted Covid in the hospital settings?

Do you not want them to be clarified?

Let's asume B is an appreciable %. Why does it matter? Either way they Covid is f**king the health service. I don't think anyone is dandering into hospital at the minute for trivial reasons.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:14:41 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.

I've never said it's not real but there is a lot of misinformation flying out there.

Is not hard to countenance for people how we accepted a level of death in Jan 2018 without batting an eyelid that has yet to be reached yet during any month of Coivd when hysteria is running wild.

Don't know, we did not seem to care about spiraling death rates in 2017/18.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: tyssam5 on January 12, 2021, 10:27:27 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 06:09:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 06:00:16 PM
Tell me Angelo, do you think it's fake news,  the numbers in hospitals at the minute I mean?

It's a yes or no question, nothing else

In your own time. As you haven't answered It, just added some waffle

I've already answered yours, all Lives count. Anyone in my family that needs medical right away and Nhs can't provide that service, I'll pay for it.

So someone at 70+ is as important as a 20 year old in my view.

I think the numbers need clarity and context. I think they are deliberately misleading and should be clarified by:

A) How many people were admitted to hospital for Covid related reasons
B) How many cases were admitted to hospital for non-Covid related reasons and contracted Covid in the hospital settings?

Do you not want them to be clarified?

Let's asume B is an appreciable %. Why does it matter? Either way they Covid is f**king the health service. I don't think anyone is dandering into hospital at the minute for trivial reasons.

It matters because we need to know how many admissions are related to Covid and we need to know how high transmission levels are in hospitals? You don't think that information matters?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:37:10 PM

You'll hardly care as it'll get rid of the elderly a weak
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:10:46 PM
Who didn't bat an eyelid?

Someone posted many links to headlines about that really bad flu of 17/18 but you keep saying no one said a thing!

Really bizarre.

You question the admissions as if people are in for other illnesses rather than Covid.

You probably were one of the twits that believe those photos of empty wards!

Have you a link to this information you quoted earlier:?

We do know hospitals are a major part of the transmission and people who were admitted for other reasons than Covid are again included in the Covid numbers.

You for one.

If you have posts on here where you outlined your concerns back then, please post them up.

Once again you look for links and verification from others but you seem happy to put forward arguments which are completely lacking logic, are in direct conflict with your own rationale and can't provide anything of substance to validate your own contradictory views.

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-transmission-hospitals/

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:41:02 PM

You'll hardly care as it'll get rid of the elderly a weak

Why didn't you care in 2017/18? Did you decide to become sanctimonious this year or did you just find the perfect storm to virtue signal.

In 2018 you didn't seem to give a shit about the elderly and weak so tell me what has changed for you?

trueblue1234

You don't know how many lock downs there were in 2018? I'll give you a clue. Less than 1.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:48:19 PM

You don't know how many lock downs there were in 2018? I'll give you a clue. Less than 1.

And why weren't there any? How many lives were lost that could have been saved?

Why was nobody shouting for lockdowns to save lives in 2017/18?

sid waddell

Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

Milltown Row2

Like anyone takes you seriously Angelo   ;D

Read through that, words like probable and no data in that. So they don'  know. Said maybe 10% 20 % of cases could have been caught in hospital, they like others caught Covid, same way being in a supermarket or a pub or anywhere, that means 90% to 80% of cases were caught outside of hospital.

Do they still have Covid regardless of where they get it?

We all know places like care homes and hospitals where a hotbed of Covid activity
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

What shite am I talking?

That we were happy to let 2,101 die without a quibble in Jan 2018?

If anyone can post their outrage from back then please feel free to bump a few posts. Nobody batted an eyelid.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Very good post

What shite am I talking?

That we were happy to let 2,101 die without a quibble in Jan 2018?

If anyone can post their outrage from back then please feel free to bump a few posts. Nobody batted an eyelid.

Are you thick or blind?

You were given plenty links to the outrage of the 17/18 flu deaths! Honestly wise up

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:53:35 PM
Like anyone takes you seriously Angelo   ;D

Read through that, words like probable and no data in that. So they don'  know. Said maybe 10% 20 % of cases could have been caught in hospital, they like others caught Covid, sane way being in a supermarket or a pub or anywhere, that means 90% to 80% of cases were caught outside of hospital.

Do they still have Covid regardless of where they get it?

We all know places like care homes and hospitals where a hotbed of Covid activity

I think tracking the transmission cases, particularly in a hospital where vulnerable people are would be quite important? Obviously you think collating this kind of information and acting on it is a waste of time though? The fact that they could act on this is a waste of time.

Milltown Row2

So you accept that up to 90% of Covid cases were caught outside of hospital?