Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 27, 2019, 04:56:43 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 27, 2019, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 27, 2019, 04:01:13 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on September 26, 2019, 06:29:40 PM
Any word on the two outstanding positions ?

Stephen O'Neill linked now i hear, O'Rourke still in pole position but
You've already ruined the Tyrone discussion board sir, don't ruin the Laois one too

dont shoot the messenger. Im trying to save this board for shes only a handful of pages long anyway
I've had a few handfuls of your mother as it is

GAA-SMART

I heard 4  names in for minor this evening, possibly 3. Not much on 20s

Chrimtain

Has Mike Quirke been spotted at the qtr or semi finals? It's a bit strange if he has not attended any of the championship matches yet.

BallyroanAbu

portlaoisekid

He will have seen  a lot of good players on Sunday playing in tough conditions and with their backs to the wall. Sunday was a true test of a lot of players.

les Antiques

Heard last night Mick Dempsey is considering a role with Quirkes back room team after been approached recently . Not sure how true it is but there has been contact apparently.

Don Draper

Quote from: les Antiques on October 02, 2019, 10:58:31 AM
Heard last night Mick Dempsey is considering a role with Quirkes back room team after been approached recently . Not sure how true it is but there has been contact apparently.
Mick is gone from Kilkenny.

portlaoisekid

That would be some coup for Laois

Neutralobserver

Quote from: portlaoisekid on October 02, 2019, 12:37:34 PM
mick is an excellent physical coach and has proved it time and time again with Kilkenny but i have heard to often how the laois lads dont repsond to well to physical training (probably only a rumour also as i think county players should be commended for all the time and effort they put in) so not sure if this appointment will go ahead.

Tony

Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 02, 2019, 12:54:52 PM
mick is an excellent physical coach and has proved it time and time again with Kilkenny but i have heard to often how the laois lads dont repsond to well to physical training (probably only a rumour also as i think county players should be commended for all the time and effort they put in) so not sure if this appointment will go ahead.
Lads don't respond well to physical training? What are you even on about. They are going to train to get better physically.

Chrimtain

Quote from: les Antiques on October 02, 2019, 10:58:31 AM

That would be great if it happened.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Tony on October 02, 2019, 01:01:29 PM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 02, 2019, 12:54:52 PM
Lads don't respond well to physical training? What are you even on about. They are going to train to get better physically.
I mean they don't like taking on the extra physical training that mick would bring or require. Don't shoot the messenger

Chrimtain

Surely anyone who wants to play inter county football has to be willing to put in the physical work.

Neutralobserver

i do personally think myself tho that the type of player that John Surgure was bringing in over the last few years suggested that we were putting more of an emphasis on the physical fitness side of the game so maybe mick might also think like that,

Tony

Think of the commitment these lads have to put into going to training 3 - 5 times a week, cutting off some of their social and family life. The have the respect of any clear thinking person and well as good GAA people. If they were afraid of a bit of hard physical work, they wouldn't show up to begin with; that goes for any counties players. "Don't shoot the messenger." You're not the messenger, you're an idiot  ;D!