Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 09, 2009, 02:34:18 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2009, 11:56:15 PM
x men orgies ?

Shame on you

Hmm not even funny  :P

Also saw Fast and Furious, its OK.
What's the craic with Fast and Furious? Wasn't the first one called the exact same thing, so why the same name?!

I watched the first one in Monaghan cinema which was full of teenage boys. When the cars were racing you could hear a pin drop. When there was any dialogue they started pelting people with Maltesers and shouting "Up the 'RA". I haven't been back!

Our Nail Loney

You should be able to get people who talk in the cinema chucked out imo. One of my worst pet peees that, if you don't want to watch the f**king film then don't waste your five or six quid to get in, f**king idiots ruining my cinema experience.

That includes one night I was in Lisburn and Stiffler from the board showed up and ruined my night.

The Watcher Pat

What did he do steal your woman?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2009, 08:17:22 AM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 09, 2009, 02:34:18 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2009, 11:56:15 PM
x men orgies ?

Shame on you

Hmm not even funny  :P

Also saw Fast and Furious, its OK.
What's the craic with Fast and Furious? Wasn't the first one called the exact same thing, so why the same name?!

I watched the first one in Monaghan cinema which was full of teenage boys. When the cars were racing you could hear a pin drop. When there was any dialogue they started pelting people with Maltesers and shouting "Up the 'RA". I haven't been back!

I think the first one was called The Fast and The Furious, so ya basically the same name.  Thats the problem with going to see films like that in the cinema, they attract a lot of people like that  who base their opinion on a film by how many explosions there are rather than how good the story, acting etc is.  If a film does not have loads of action its normally seen as shite by those sort of people.

ziggysego

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey you guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys!

Put on my Goonies DVD yesterday. Haven't watched it in over a year. Fantastic film, which hasn't lost any of the original appeal from when I first saw it was a young child.

I hear Justin Lee Collins is about to film a Bring Back... The Goonies later in the year. Can't wait for that one.  ;D
Testing Accessibility

thebigfella

Star Trek is fecking excellent, not a fan at all and wasn't expecting it to be up to much. Definitely edge of the seat stuff and it looks fantastic.

ziggysego

Quote from: thebigfella on May 11, 2009, 12:07:10 PM
Star Trek is fecking excellent, not a fan at all and wasn't expecting it to be up to much. Definitely edge of the seat stuff and it looks fantastic.

I was dragged along to see it in Omagh on Thursday night for the first showing.

10 seconds into the start of the film, it broke. Alot of upset Trekkies. Eventually they got it going, but it turned out that Omagh cinema don't test the reel out before playing films for the first time. We were watching the new film, but it was a French version. The whole thing was dubbed in French. I was roaring and laughing in the cinema, the Trekkies were maaaaaaaaad!!  :D
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on May 11, 2009, 12:24:01 PM

10 seconds into the start of the film, it broke. Alot of upset Trekkies. Eventually they got it going, but it turned out that Omagh cinema don't test the reel out before playing films for the first time. We were watching the new film, but it was a French version. The whole thing was dubbed in French. I was roaring and laughing in the cinema, the Trekkies were maaaaaaaaad!!  :D
I heard about that, class!  Someone said to me if the French got the Omagh version there must have been a riot in Paris!

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on May 11, 2009, 12:24:01 PM

My god there could have been a full scale riot. They take it very seriously.
My sister was at Omagh Cinema on Friday nite and went to see X-Men the same happened Zig the film stopped just at the start and was delayed for half hour. then when they got it up and going it was real jumpy. all received complamentary tickets after that but still.

I would say u's seen the French version possibly due to the Credit Crunch think they bought a cheap copy in Nutts Market just that day. Bad times for Omagh Cinema.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Trevor Hill

Star Trek is an excellent film. Great cast, though I`m not a fan of that idiot who plays Scotty. Spock and Kirk were excellent, great to see both Spocks. A must watch for anyone who likes Sci-Fi.

armaghniac

QuoteStar Trek is an excellent film. Great cast, though I`m not a fan of that idiot who plays Scotty. Spock and Kirk were excellent, great to see both Spocks. A must watch for anyone who likes Sci-Fi.

I ever thought I'd agree with a Down person, but this is spot on!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Trevor Hill

Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2009, 06:11:42 PM
QuoteStar Trek is an excellent film. Great cast, though I`m not a fan of that idiot who plays Scotty. Spock and Kirk were excellent, great to see both Spocks. A must watch for anyone who likes Sci-Fi.

I ever thought I'd agree with a Down person, but this is spot on!

"You're out of your Vulcan mind"  ;)

SLIGONIAN

Star Trek is a thrill ride from start to finish, im a big Star Wars fan and loved some of the Trek movies especially undiscovered, and first contact.

I went with a mate who hates spaceship movies as he calls them, but he enjoyed it. The story is fun and fast paced, one of girls on the bridge is super hot, great special effects aswell, how good were the actors playing spock and kirk, fair play. JJ Abrahams can do no wrong it seems.

Watched Pineapple express last night aswell, cracking show, ridiculus scenarios but hilarious stuff :D.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Corporal

Watched Tropic Thunder for the 1st time and it was ok. Tom Cruise absolutely made that film, tears of laughter at his scenes

Archie Mitchell

The Van on BBC Four now. Great show!