Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shortso79 on April 27, 2009, 08:53:41 PM
Watched Taken also - great show

Lakeview Terrace  - Brutal

Watched Severance the other night - thought it was a good laugh
I thought Lakeview Terrace was pretty decent up til the last twenty minutes when it got a bit stupid. Samuel L Jackson was good. Not often I say that.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Main Street on April 27, 2009, 07:57:52 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2009, 09:46:39 AM
Also watched Deliverance last night for the first time ever, what a show!  Definitely a classic, worth watching if you have not seen it before, very disturbing though.
I remember seeing it when it hit the cinemas first. Many people actually burst out sniggering when the fat city boy got raped by the inbreds.
To be honest it was still kinda funny, only in a 'oh my god' way.  I loved the dancing hillbilly at the start when the banjo duel was going on - classic dancing  :D - he was credited as 'dancing inbred'!!  Showing your seniority MS if you watched this in the cinema, was it ok in black and white?  :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2009, 09:25:50 PM
Also watched Deliverance last night for the first time ever, what a show!  Definitely a classic, worth watching if you have not seen it before, very disturbing though.
I remember seeing it when it hit the cinemas first. Many people actually burst out sniggering when the fat city boy got raped by the inbreds.
To be honest it was still kinda funny, only in a 'oh my god' way.  I loved the dancing hillbilly at the start when the banjo duel was going on - classic dancing  :D - he was credited as 'dancing inbred'!!  Showing your seniority MS if you watched this in the cinema, was it ok in black and white?  :P
A favourite routine of Arthur Friend and Minder ;)

Shortso79

This clip from Severance had me in stiches - love the backing music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbhiQT4eVt0

The Corporal

Watched that film Mutant Chronicles last night, pretty pish to be honest and very hard to get into but i got through it all.

Doogie Browser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8024187.stm

Michael Douglas will play an ageing Multi millionaire with a beautiful wi..no wait thats not it!

Was a great show at the time though so will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Santino

State of Play with Crowe and Affleck is as good a thriller as i've seen lately

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Santino on April 29, 2009, 12:49:17 PM
State of Play with Crowe and Affleck is as good a thriller as i've seen lately
Maybe you can help unravel the storyline for the fox. He isn't as young as he once was.

Main Street

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2009, 09:25:50 PM
More showing off my advance maturity at an early age rather than seniority at a (slightly) more advanced age.
It was a rated film, so for a desperate young lad that meant it was bound to have a bit of sex.
Maybe I was just dissapointed at the wrong type of sex :)

I faintly remember some debate about the rape scene. The film censor (who normally took delight in scooping the icing from our cakes and anything overtly sexual) somehow decided to leave this scene intact or at least enough of it in the film. It marked a significant enough change in the censorship attitude to certain scenes in films.

Orior

Does anyone know if the film Australia is out yet, or when it will be in the cinemas here?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fitzroyalty

ballygawley emma (1&2) is a good show, recommend watching it alone though  ;)

Homer

Quote from: Orior on April 29, 2009, 04:36:39 PM
Does anyone know if the film Australia is out yet, or when it will be in the cinemas here?

I seen an ad for it in XtraVision the other day.

Archie Mitchell

Watched a few decent films recently, might not have heard of them as they havent been mentioned much but enjoyed them and would be worth watching.

Nothing But The Truth
Killshot
Dead Man's Shoes

stpauls

Quote from: Orior on April 29, 2009, 04:36:39 PM

it is out on DVD already, tesco's and sainbury's are selling them for about £10.

edit: going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine tonight, VIP in The Odessey. i hope it keeps the story line from the original Marvel Origin comic book, will be disappointed otherwise.

Our Nail Loney

Dead Mans Shoes is a great show Arhie, have it on dvd myself... Paddy Considine is brilliant in it as is the fella who plays his brother, who starred recently as Johnny Quid in Rocknrolla...