Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Have you watched any of Cronenbergs other films??

I have Crash (not the recent Matt Dillon one, the one about ppl who are aroused by crash victims etc) and eastern Promises on dvd as well as A History, I love all these films...

Think astern Promises is the best though.

Tony Baloney

I liked Eastern Promises and I think he did The Fly which is a classic.

ziggysego

Saw two movies at the weekend.

I Am Legend - Brilliant film. Couldn't rate it highly enough, was glued to the telly the whole time.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Avoid at all costs. A spoof of Walk The Line. Biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen in a long time.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on December 14, 2008, 11:24:09 PM
Saw two movies at the weekend.

I Am Legend - Brilliant film. Couldn't rate it highly enough, was glued to the telly the whole time.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Avoid at all costs. A spoof of Walk The Line. Biggest pile of steaming turd I've seen in a long time.
Jesus Ziggy you must be the last person on earth to have seen I Am Legend, and i don't know anyone who didn't watch it on a pirate dvd.

Anyone seen Lakeview Terrace? Supposed to be brilliant so will be trying to catch it soon. Speaking of steaming piles of turd I see Keanu Reeves is in The Day The Earth Stood Still which I'd say is one to avoid at all costs.

Old Bill

Body of Lies: Quite good, some good graphics but wee bit confusing at times. Leo di caprio and Russell Crowe play CIA agents in the middle East.

Puckoon

just got ambushed with hancock. First hour is hilarious. Maybe more so because I didn't know anything about it.

What is this I am legend movie like?

Goats Do Shave

Wanted... quite an enjoyable film, Angelina is lovely!

The Happening... terrible acting, weird film, watched it till the end though to see what happens... wouldn't reccomend it!

tyrone86

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 14, 2008, 11:47:00 PM

Anyone seen Lakeview Terrace? Supposed to be brilliant so will be trying to catch it soon. Speaking of steaming piles of turd I see Keanu Reeves is in The Day The Earth Stood Still which I'd say is one to avoid at all costs.

Didn't really enjoy Lakeview Terrace to be honest and I'd be a fan of Samuel L Jackson.

nrico2006

QuoteWanted... quite an enjoyable film, Angelina is lovely!

The Happening... terrible acting, weird film, watched it till the end though to see what happens... wouldn't reccomend it!

Both were dung, especially Wanted.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is poor, no real plot.  Quite boring actually, keeps you waiting for something to happen but it just doesn't happen.  Alien comes to earth, escapes, woman helps, he leaves.  Thats it, crap!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Shortso79

Behind Enemy Lines on now rte two

Good Show

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 15, 2008, 08:09:51 AM

She is stunning but she's skinny as a rake in that film.

Overthebar!

best film- run of the country...

any of you lads seen it?

The Corporal

The Happening is possibly the worst film i have ever seen, Mark Whalberg is terrible in it, the story is crap too! Lakeview Terrace was a real let down to.

Four Christmases is quite good tho with some funny moments. Reese Witherspoon is serious eye candy

Canalman

Saw Bad Santa again last night on telly......a class act.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Corporal on December 19, 2008, 08:53:50 AM

The Happening is possibly the worst film i have ever seen, Mark Whalberg is terrible in it, the story is crap too! Lakeview Terrace was a real let down to.

Four Christmases is quite good tho with some funny moments. Reese Witherspoon is serious eye candy

Saw this in the cinema last week myself, thought it was jut ok. Got seriously chick flicky at the end. Vaughan was good but Jon Favreau stole the show for me as his wrestling brother! You are right about Witherspoon, have always had a thing for her since Cruel Intentions, one of my favourite films!