Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Saw Gone Baby Gone at the weekend, very good, has something for everyone...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Goats Do Shave

QuoteNo Country for Old Men ??

I loved it!!

Best 'baddie' ever!!

nrico2006

QuoteQuote
No Country for Old Men ??

I loved it!!

Best 'baddie' ever!!

Good movie, shit ending!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Onion Bag

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2008, 01:35:08 PM
Saw Gone Baby Gone at the weekend, very good, has something for everyone...

Seen it myself, really enjoyed it  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 09, 2008, 04:35:08 PM
QuoteQuote
No Country for Old Men ??

I loved it!!

Best 'baddie' ever!!

Good movie, shit ending!

Does every movie have to wrap every possible storyline up into a nice little bow tie??? Personally I loved the ending and they wtf reaction in the cinema, similar to The Sopranos, a little drama goes a long way...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

nrico2006

QuoteDoes every movie have to wrap every possible storyline up into a nice little bow tie??? Personally I loved the ending and they wtf reaction in the cinema, similar to The Sopranos, a little drama goes a long way...

I anticipated a response such as yours but the ending was shit simple as that.  I appreciate a bit of drama but in this case it didn't fit in with the rest of the film.  As for the end of Soprano's, if you're into that kind of ending fair play to you.  I haven't watched the series, but I know of the ending and I'd prefer to know actually what happened as opposed to being left clueless.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Puckoon

Just watched "In bruges" and "Charlie Bartlett" over the weekend. Decent enough flicks - not going to win any awards. Some very funny "irish" moments in in bruges, colin farrell is very good in it.

clarshack

in the last week i've watched for the 1st time: the departed, scarface and american gangster. in ranking order of which was the best one i'd put 1. scarface 2. american gangster 3. the departed (i thought some aspects of this film were a bit silly to be honest)
i also watched gone baby gone recently and thought it was just ok.

Niall Quinn

The Dark Knight is getting rave early reviews - looking forward to this one.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Puckoon on July 09, 2008, 05:10:47 PM
Just watched "In bruges" and "Charlie Bartlett" over the weekend. Decent enough flicks - not going to win any awards. Some very funny "irish" moments in in bruges, colin farrell is very good in it.

watched it last weekend, very enjoyable- "yiz are a pack of elephants"
Its Grim up North

Fluffy Che

http://www.righteouskill-themovie.com/ Might spark some interest with these two old hams..
Midnight to Six..

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Fluffy Che on July 12, 2008, 12:31:40 PM
http://www.righteouskill-themovie.com/ Might spark some interest with these two old hams..

Looks like something I would watch, I hope the best parts of the movie were not in the trailer.

Fluffy Che

l agree...two great actors tho some of the recent work did'nt really do it for me. l will be in Miami when it opens and will definately check it out.
Midnight to Six..

achadh gallain

i thought kung fu panda was a good wee show!! tho i did feel a wee bit old to be there  :-\

watched anchorman last nite aswell.. that film will never get old!! legendary!  :D

Yes I Would

After watching 'The Last King of Scotland' . Thought it was a good enough show!